PDA

View Full Version : Locals harassing tourists

eljefe010
08-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Do you find that just about everywhere you go in sosoua or POP that you are nearly constantly being harassed by local males?

Reel Deal
08-02-2005, 10:54 AM
No.

Don Tomas
08-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Do you find that just about everywhere you go in sosoua or POP that you are nearly constantly being harassed by local males?

You probably were telling them no; just tune them out, eyes straight, and keep walking. We are a target for every pitch known to man in tourist towns.

BTW If you think Sosua or PP is bad, try Boca Chica!

Dark Knight
08-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Eljefe,this seems like it ,but they want to make as much money from you as they can.I was informed yester day from a conversation with a chica there.We are getting grossly ripped off and over charged on the food there,in the restaurants especially.I strongly suggest to eat where the locals eat.I had some Mofungo from the place over the fat girls shop,near the barber shop.It was delicious cost about 100 pesos for 2 bowls and rice
I nverr got sick.Look out for anything in raw tap water.This is a tourist town ,just keep fuckin and go to the supermarcado,or playero for food and sncks.

Jimmydr
08-02-2005, 11:34 AM

Just keep walking. They will stop.

Kevy
08-02-2005, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't say everwhere. Down around the beach there are the time share guys by Laroca, and the guys with the stalls. The Money changing guys are a black away, but don't bother you too much. I always argue with them about the rates so they leave me alone. THe Moto conch guys will always ask you. They stop if you wave them off. You just get used to it.

continentalmike
08-02-2005, 12:03 PM
never happens to me :devil:

vdubman30
08-02-2005, 12:26 PM
the locals are nothing its the deportee that you gotta wahtchout for!!

Don Tomas
08-02-2005, 01:12 PM

I could have sworn hearing someone say...

"Que parte de no, tu no comprende?"

Uno, Dos, Tres, NO GRACIAS!

moshy2k
08-03-2005, 01:16 AM
I never have problems. Just keep it moving and throw out a "No gracias"

DominicanBilly
08-03-2005, 01:28 AM

Amen to that!
If they speak perfect english and want to help you out with out you asking for any help watch out.
A simple "no gracis" with a finger wave as you keep walking is best.

continentalmike
08-03-2005, 06:07 AM

I could have sworn hearing someone say...

"Que parte de no, tu no comprende?"

Uno, Dos, Tres, NO GRACIAS!

It almost never happens to me then.. damn DT and his elephantine memory.. seriously though.. just say no or the two lines mentioned by DT and you'll do fine..

Jimmydr
08-03-2005, 08:33 AM

Amen to that!
If they speak perfect english and want to help you out with out you asking for any help watch out.
A simple "no gracis" with a finger wave as you keep walking is best.

Nothing but trouble, avoid them.

ajax718
08-03-2005, 12:36 PM
I was just in Boca Chica for two days. You can´t walk ten feet without a guy asking for something. I learned quickly to stop responding politely with the fucking, ¨NO GRACIAS. I now just ignore them or say no and keep walking. I don´t act like an asshole to them but I certainly stopped being polite with the NO GRACIAS.
One time just for fun, since I can pass as a German since it is in my blood, when one guy asked me something in English I told him I was from Germany. I continued to talk to him by mumbling incoherent things as if I was speaking German. I dont´even speak one word of German except Duetecheland!
If the guy says he has a hot looking sister chica cheapy, cheapy for me....then maybe I will listen

Reel Deal
08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
I found during my last trip the Power of the Finger Wave. Stops a LOT of pests right in their tracks, even when done politely...

Go figure...

Don Tomas
08-03-2005, 01:48 PM
I was just in Boca Chica for two days. You can´t walk ten feet without a guy asking for something. I learned quickly to stop responding politely with the fucking, ¨NO GRACIAS. I now just ignore them or say no and keep walking. I don´t act like an asshole to them but I certainly stopped being polite with the NO GRACIAS.
One time just for fun, since I can pass as a German since it is in my blood, when one guy asked me something in English I told him I was from Germany. I continued to talk to him by mumbling incoherent things as if I was speaking German. I dont´even speak one word of German except Duetecheland!
If the guy says he has a hot looking sister chica cheapy, cheapy for me....then maybe I will listen

I speak German, well I use to, lived for 9 months in Germany on a student exchange program. Well the German shit don't work up north, they speak it more then English. I wish I remembered Polish from my Chicago days working in the bank. Now that I know would work in the DR!

atlasguy
02-18-2006, 09:56 PM
They usually won't follow you if you duck into a tourist oriented establishment.

Señor Jimmy of Medellin
02-19-2006, 11:20 AM
They usually won't follow you if you duck into a tourist oriented establishment.
Sometines they do.

WSJ3
02-19-2006, 11:21 AM
They never bother me...