PDA

View Full Version : Finally we will be able to see what the chicas really look like

bachag
03-23-2007, 07:25 AM
From the Sosua-news web site:

23 March 2007
Sosúa council commissions street lighting
The Mayor of Sosúa, lic. Vladimir Céspedes, announced on Wednesday 21 March that he would make 4 million pesos of his own money available to pay for street lighting.
The main road, from the airport to Sosúa and on to Cabarete, will be the first road to be fitted with street lights. The remaining unlit streets in Sosúa will follow thereafter. The company 'ingeniero electromecánico Nelson Mesón' will implement these tasks.
The owners of the bars and restaurants are very impressed with the proposal by the new Mayor. They´ve been complaining to the government for years that visiting tourists do not feel safe at night when walking along unlit roads.

Beads
03-23-2007, 10:26 AM
As long at they dont install lights at the bench of shame! That spot is meant for you not to be seeing what the chicas look like. Where else will all the pickpockets and washed up old putas who cant get men while in the light go?

Don Tomas
03-23-2007, 08:27 PM
The Mayor of Sosúa, lic. Vladimir Céspedes, announced on Wednesday 21 March that he would make 4 million pesos of his own money available to pay for street lighting.

Call me cynical but I would question where the RD$4million came from. I doubt he was saving it up from paychecks, probably more like kickbacks and bribes....

whynotme
03-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Call me cynical but I would question where the RD$4million came from. I doubt he was saving it up from paychecks, probably more like kickbacks and bribes....

or he owns the electrical company and when they do the work and it gets good reviews he/his company gets all the work for every where else at an invlated price of course.
donald trump 101.

Jimmydr
03-24-2007, 07:23 AM

Believe it or not, there are millionaires in DR and other countries also.

Kevy
03-24-2007, 08:54 AM
I agree with DT & WNM, this has scam written all over. Ok there are Millionaires in the DR, but they didn't get that way putting street lights up for free. I can see some body getting paid here under the table.:wink:

psriches
03-25-2007, 04:52 PM
But what about the daily rolling blackouts???

WSJ3
03-25-2007, 09:16 PM
But what about the daily rolling blackouts???

NO IMPORTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Tomas
03-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Believe it or not, there are millionaires in DR and other countries also.

Yes but if they are public servants (aka government officials) and also millionaires then my "cynical radar" starts beeping!

if it was an owner of a private company then I wouldn't have questioned it. But I highly doubt he makes that much "on the books" as the mayor of Sosua to just give away $4mil.

bachag
03-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Just to clarify-As often happens on english language web sites-much gets lost in the translation. What I think was said is that the mayor would take the money from the Sosua city budget (his own money) versus any provincial or federal money. This new mayor is really trying to get Sosua up to speed.

Apos
03-26-2007, 06:07 AM
i bet you're right...but it's sure been amusing watching my fellow conspiracy theorists at work:lol:
Just to clarify-As often happens on english language web sites-much gets lost in the translation. What I think was said is that the mayor would take the money from the Sosua city budget (his own money) versus any provincial or federal money. This new mayor is really trying to get Sosua up to speed.