PDA

View Full Version : Entry requirements

suneblack
05-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Hello Team,
I'm booking this trip to the DR. Just wanted to make sure that I can get in/out with just my driver's license and a certified birth certicate with that has a raised seal? I had no problem with the above when traveling to and from Acapulco, Mexico. I read that on the internet that I shouldn't have any problems with what I'm bringing. Was wondering if anyone ever experienced any issues with what I'm using.

Monger in Training,
Sunnyblack

Jimmydr
05-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Many carry passports but you should have no problems I think.

Don Tomas
05-22-2004, 06:09 PM
I had an expired passport but had to get a new one because the last one was before I turned 16.

Never the less it took 8 days to get it, I didn't pay for quick service either.

the_Jayman
05-22-2004, 08:40 PM
I use the passport but I'm going down with 3 buds (2 african-americans and one white boy) in a few weeks, that are all using birth certificates and DLs.

I've heard that African-Americans have more trouble with the later then big old fat white boys do. I'll give you my 411 in a month.

the_Jayman
05-22-2004, 08:42 PM
p.s.

I've read that it's getting OUT that is the hastle.

suneblack
05-23-2004, 02:41 AM
That since I'm african-american, and many people confuse me for dominican to begin with, that I might have a problem coming back. To top it off I'm traveling alone. When I came back from Mexico they didn't even give me a second look. Just waved me through.

gdogg
05-31-2004, 01:53 PM
I've never had a passport before. How long does it usually take to get? Plus, my first and middle names are reversed on my birth certificate vs all other documents (Rolling Stone vs Stone Rolling...long story). Will this be a problem? I hadn't even thought of this until recently. Thanks in advance!

Jimmydr
05-31-2004, 04:45 PM
I even carried my passport to Canada thisweek end. Its the number 1 choice for ID anywhere and its good for Ten years.

elj707
05-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Hey sune, if your travling to DR you shouldn't have any problems but coming back to new york customs always give me a hardtime. many people say it's because I look dominican. when I arrive in DR all the customs guys greet me in spanish and high five, in new york i'm a suspect :cry:

the_Jayman
05-31-2004, 09:23 PM
I guess that's the nature of the world but . . .

that's fucked !

:evil:

why can't we all just get along ?

RickRock
05-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Exactly..

I never had a problem coming back.. i flew back once to Cleveland, and the other 3 to JFK .. I'm 1/2 cuban and I look latino, more puerto rican than dominican..
and i Always use birth certificate and state ID..