PDA

View Full Version : Immigration issues

Cosmo Kramer
04-06-2007, 02:18 PM
gentlemen, can anyone tell me please if my european passport will be stamped? on either or both of arrival or departure? I had the idea that I had to present, and later, on departure hand in this blue tourist card without deflourishing my stamp-free passport?

problem is that IŽll be in trouble if my cuban wife encounters a dominican stamp in my passport.

next question: does anyone know of direct flights from pop to santiago de cuba? I know that aero-carribean does santo domingo to santiago de cuba, but only mondays and fridays but I was fancying hopping-in and hopping-out the very next day.
thanks, guys

Apos
04-06-2007, 02:20 PM
they always stamp my canadian passport, both in and out...and my birth certificate before i used a passport:eek:

you got some 'splainin' to do!!!!!
gentlemen, can anyone tell me please if my european passport will be stamped? on either or both of arrival or departure? I had the idea that I had to present, and later, on departure hand in this blue tourist card without deflourishing my stamp-free passport?

problem is that IŽll be in trouble if my cuban wife encounters a dominican stamp in my passport.

next question: does anyone know of direct flights from pop to santiago de cuba? I know that aero-carribean does santo domingo to santiago de cuba, but only mondays and fridays but I was fancying hopping-in and hopping-out the very next day.
thanks, guys

Cosmo Kramer
04-06-2007, 02:28 PM
but you crazy canucks enter with passport only, without tourist card, donŽt you?

Apos
04-06-2007, 02:29 PM
nope...same as you
but you crazy canucks enter with passport only, without tourist card, donŽt you?

Cosmo Kramer
04-06-2007, 02:40 PM
ok, IŽll better put this green portrait of abraham lincoln in my pocket.

can anyone illuminate me on the flight-thing?

Apos
04-06-2007, 02:49 PM
there's a thread somewhere, either here or on www.dr1.com/forums about that.

i had a quick look but don't see it however i think the flights are santo domingo to havana for about $450USD return.
ok, IŽll better put this green portrait of abraham lincoln in my pocket.

can anyone illuminate me on the flight-thing?

moshy2k
04-07-2007, 02:03 PM
i wish there was a way around passport stamps. This mandatory passport stuff has thrown a wrench in many peoples plans. I remember the 007 days

whynotme
04-12-2007, 07:18 PM
i told the immigration guy not to stamp my passport and he didn't. but he did ask why and i said cause the wife checks it.he laughed and let me thru.

on the way out i remembered that we don't ( from canada) need a passport to enter or leave just a photo id so i just handed the lady my drivers liscence and away i went.

ilikenyacional
04-12-2007, 08:37 PM
i told the immigration guy not to stamp my passport and he didn't. but he did ask why and i said cause the wife checks it.he laughed and let me thru.

on the way out i remembered that we don't ( from canada) need a passport to enter or leave just a photo id so i just handed the lady my drivers liscence and away i went.

It's tough to be a married man !

Kevy
04-12-2007, 10:02 PM

Married a couple of months and already whipped!:rofl:

SJG
04-13-2007, 10:59 AM
The whole stamping of passports thing is stupid in the computer age.

Jimmydr
04-13-2007, 11:04 AM
The whole stamping of passports thing is stupid in the computer age.

I asked the customs agent and he had no idea why.

Beads
04-13-2007, 11:10 AM
good point except it makes them more money when we run outa spaces to stamp. it should be just valid for 10 years no matter how many trips you make.

Jimmydr
04-13-2007, 11:11 AM
good point except it makes them more money when we run outa spaces to stamp. it should be just valid for 10 years no matter how many trips you make.

But it is, refills are free.