PDA

View Full Version : Bermuda

JuanElGriego
04-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Has anyone heard about or been to Bermuda?

The reason i ask is my aunt just returned from a trip over there and she said it was the most expensive place she's ever been to in her life. Now my aunt has traveled the world and has been to just about every major city and while some were pricier than others, she'd never experienced what she did in Bermuda. And i'm not talking about just the tourist areas, she traveled the whole island (not that big she says) and even where the locals live the prices are crazy. She says there's no income tax over there and everyone makes like $20 an hour starting. There are no lights OR stop signs at intersections, the place is spotless and the people are as polite as humanly possible .... except they seem to move in slow-motion, especially compared to NYers.

I'll leave you with this ....... a sicilian slice at the airport cost $15.

agua chico
04-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I just struck it out of my places to visit this year, seriously.

Hemp
04-10-2007, 09:17 PM
i never even considered that place...any island that is backed by a American/UK influence is not worth mongering in.

agua chico
04-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah I know, I only take my girlfriend to those places for nonmongering purposes :)

Apos
04-10-2007, 09:20 PM
i know people that have homes there or at least vacation there all the time...it's a large group.

they go there because most guys like us won't, seriously...so they feel safe and superior.

there is no P4P, at least cheaper than at home, and with the same shitty attitudes so why bother:rolleyes:

i'd never go anyplace where the standard attire is shorts and socks...you got to know there'll be sandals involved too...YIKES!:eek::rofl:

http://scienceblogs.com/transcript/upload/2006/08/SS1.jpg

Maximus
04-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Went to see my brother when he was stationed there in the Navy. It was awhile ago, I was in HS, but it didn't thrill me at all. Weather wasn't even that great. Nothing impressed me. My bro didn't like it either.

Wouldn't even think of it for vacation. I'd go to Jamaica or some other isle first.

guttaman
04-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Took a cruise there in 2002. The cruise was not bad. The island was a sleeper. Total tourist trap.