PDA

View Full Version : What about this guy?

mroutcall
04-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Okay so I have been out of commission since I found the siet a few months ago but I was checking around the other day and saw this posted on another site:

"Go to Thailand or any where else in Asia, went to Sosua a few weeks back, thought I will try some where different, a mistake, what a over priced, exaggerated shite hole, the girls, especially the Haiti types, so mercenary ‘’give me a beer’’ as soon as you enter an establishment, and at a 1500 asking price, for boom boom, just not worth getting mugged off for.
May be the country was O.K. a few years ago when there was a fair exchange rate, and a better approach, but now all the decaying bars and discos around town, tells a story in it’s self.
Defiantly not going back there (in this life), but enjoy yourself, (if you can), Myself I’m returning back to Asia next month, for a real good time…… been there, seen it done it, f—k it….."

Now this is a while ago. But as a guy with lots of experience in asia, but desire try out DR, what would you say? I like to try new things. But I dont have enough time to waste an monger excursion. Is this chap just out of his mind?

eldorob
04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
You don't mention how much reading you have done on ISOC. If not a lot, I would suggest you do some additional reseach before making your decision. One can go to Sosua and not enjoy oneself, I guess. It all depends what your looking for and what your comfortable with. But I certainly wouldn't plan my vacations around that one negative post.

Also, being that your in NYC, the time and cost of checking out the DR is in your favor. $400 & 3 hrs is a big diff from the time & cost of going to Asia.

There is so much information on this board, taken the time to read it, you'll hit the ground in Sosua and feel like you've already been there. And don't forget, Sosua is not the only city in the DR. In my opinion the country has a lot to offer.

Good luck...

eldorob
04-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Is this chap just out of his mind?

Based on very limited information, but in my opinion, Yes....

mroutcall
04-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks,

I have been doing my homework. Picked sosua based on a credible senior members reccomendation for a first timer to DR. I have picked a hotel. Actually I have been just waiting for a work vacation schedule to book... Lurked where I was uninformed and contributed where I could since Jan '07 it has been my secret obcession as is every destination during the planning phase.

My surfing has taken me from site to site, but I.S.O.C. is by far the best source for info specific to DR. That is why I bring these outsider comments to the gurus.

I personally am the kind of monger that will have a good time anywhere. Especially with a lovely chica. I have even been eyeing a "Haiti type" at work. She gets an A+ for rack.

After all the positives I have read about in this very sub-forum I was just surprised. I dont plan on changuing any plans jsut wanted to see if there were those here who agreed with this guy. Any bad experiences?

Jimmydr
04-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks,

I have been doing my homework. Picked sosua based on a credible senior members reccomendation for a first timer to DR. I have picked a hotel. Actually I have been just waiting for a work vacation schedule to book... Lurked where I was uninformed and contributed where I could since Jan '07 it has been my secret obcession as is every destination during the planning phase.

My surfing has taken me from site to site, but I.S.O.C. is by far the best source for info specific to DR. That is why I bring these outsider comments to the gurus.

I personally am the kind of monger that will have a good time anywhere. Especially with a lovely chica. I have even been eyeing a "Haiti type" at work. She gets an A+ for rack.

After all the positives I have read about in this very sub-forum I was just surprised. I dont plan on changuing any plans jsut wanted to see if there were those here who agreed with this guy. Any bad experiences?

And you must remember, many of us have been to other places at this point and can give some sort of comparison.

Si_Poppi
04-15-2007, 11:56 AM
The DR is close and convenient and lots of fun but there really is no comparison.
If Thailand and the Philippines were close and convenient and the DR was on the other side of the planet, I sure as hell wouldn't be going to the DR, but I would make the long haul trip to Thailand and the Philippines, just not very often.

If all monger destinations were equally close and convenient, the DR would be in the middle of my list.

Jimmydr
04-15-2007, 12:01 PM
The DR is close and convenient and lots of fun but there really is no comparison.
If Thailand and the Philippines were close and convenient and the DR was on the other side of the planet, I sure as hell wouldn't be going to the DR, but I would make the long haul trip to Thailand and the Philippines, just not very often.

If all monger destinations were equally close and convenient, the DR would be in the middle of my list.

Its very easy in and out. I never landed in a place, got off the plane and grabbed a taxi in under 15 minutes as I have done in DR so many times before.

guttaman
04-15-2007, 01:02 PM
The quote is on the money. Sosua is a shit hole but a convienant shit hole for me. Been to Japan. The flight was a killer flying coach. It is 7 more hours air time from there to Thailand. The chicas in the bars and clubs are pushy and somewhat arrogant at times. The Thai chicks ( of what i have been told ) are more submissive and groomed for their trade much better than most Sosua whores.

But, there is a but. Get away from Sosua, Boca Chica and the other tourist areas and the chicas are diamonds in the rough.

kiddfrost
04-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Okay so I have been out of commission since I found the siet a few months ago but I was checking around the other day and saw this posted on another site:

"Go to Thailand or any where else in Asia, went to Sosua a few weeks back, thought I will try some where different, a mistake, what a over priced, exaggerated shite hole, the girls, especially the Haiti types, so mercenary ‘’give me a beer’’ as soon as you enter an establishment, and at a 1500 asking price, for boom boom, just not worth getting mugged off for.
May be the country was O.K. a few years ago when there was a fair exchange rate, and a better approach, but now all the decaying bars and discos around town, tells a story in it’s self.
Defiantly not going back there (in this life), but enjoy yourself, (if you can), Myself I’m returning back to Asia next month, for a real good time…… been there, seen it done it, f—k it….."

Now this is a while ago. But as a guy with lots of experience in asia, but desire try out DR, what would you say? I like to try new things. But I dont have enough time to waste an monger excursion. Is this chap just out of his mind?

Who ever wrote this is stuck on asian countries... I can't agree with him at all. Some places are better than others. It's all about who, what, when, where... Who can you meet? What can you do? When is the right time to go? Where is the best places to go??? Since Thailand is such a big country you can do everyone of these slots and enjoy yourself alone. See DR is an information area. You have to have info to enjoy yourself. You go and find some people to chill with that knows the area. That knows the people. Then it would beat or exceed you expectations of a great vacation...

Since I joined this board I have been asking questions to feed my mind. Do research online for my next trip. I never grasp everyones bad experiences. I just eat what they say is good... Don't think about the bad all the time. Try to look at what's good in that country. Then and only then will you have a vacation to brag about...