PDA

View Full Version : No closing times for Sunday night !!!

Gutter Meat
04-29-2007, 05:55 PM
On Sunday 29 April all bars and discos can stay open the entire night if they wish, because is a public holiday (Labour Day). On Monday night the normal closing times will apply (1am).
Labour Day is being celebrated on 30 April this year (instead of 1 May), because the law says that public holidays should be part of a long weekend. The Secretary for Internal Affairs and Police, dr. Franklin Almeyda Rancier, emphasised that it is still forbidden to transport open bottle of liquor in vehicles. The traffic police (AMET) will also be breathalysing drivers whom they believe to be driving under the influence, and will be particularly alert during this Labour Day weekend.

TropicBob
04-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Watch out for another drunk.................this one drives the Titty Taxi

Gutter Meat
05-01-2007, 02:20 AM
So much for the bars being open all night on Sunday. The police came and shut everything down at 2am!!!

Gutter Meat
05-02-2007, 04:12 AM
No closing times for last Sunday?
It was in all the newspapers - the closing time for bars and restaurants was cancelled for Sunday night (only for one night).

No closing times on Sunday
in El NacionalApparently not!
At least not according to the Tourist Police in Sosúa! Around 2am they arrived in the Pedro Clisante and ordered all party-goers to go home immediately. When bystanders and disappointed tourists complained and pointed out the notification in last Friday's papers, the police agents said that they had not seen the announcements. They had no idea

Jimbo44
05-02-2007, 11:23 AM
While in Classicos around 12am that night they were anouncing it would stay open till 6 am. I left at 1 am with a chica so have not idea what happened later.

Gutter Meat
05-02-2007, 01:03 PM
While in Classicos around 12am that night they were anouncing it would stay open till 6 am. I left at 1 am with a chica so have not idea what happened later.

I was in Latino's at 2am when they shut everything down. I asked one of the tourist police that spoke english what was the deal and he said he was just doing what his boss told him to do.

psriches
05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
No closing times for last Sunday?
It was in all the newspapers - the closing time for bars and restaurants was cancelled for Sunday night (only for one night).

No closing times on Sunday
in El Nacional Apparently not!
At least not according to the Tourist Police in Sosúa! Around 2am they arrived in the Pedro Clisante and ordered all party-goers to go home immediately. When bystanders and disappointed tourists complained and pointed out the notification in last Friday's papers, the police agents said that they had not seen the announcements. They had no ideaNo Importa!!! Policia closes when they feel like closing. Nuff said!!