PDA

View Full Version : DR weather in the summer?

eastcoastallstar
05-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Is it hotter in the summer? Next trip is in June, just wondering if the weather over there is the same all year round

Dark Knight
05-01-2007, 03:06 PM
It can get very hot in the summer. Last year was a very hot summer but this winter was cool with lots of rain. The temp does not change as much as northern us but we do seem to have seasons here.

Rick

Jimmydr
05-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Fucking hot as a motherfucker, BUT the chicas are wearing skimpy outfits.

Hemp
05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
i was in DR last july...and the Devil himself sits up waaay in the sky on a cloud breathing on the entire Island!!!

Heat like none other i have ever felt...if your not used to it, it really feels like your standing in a microwave!!! good thing you have chicas around to keep your mind off the heat!!!

whynotme
05-01-2007, 05:45 PM
condo or room with ac is a must in summer

Beads
05-01-2007, 06:35 PM
I didnt find the temperature that bad. Sosua tends to have a nice breeze and during the daytime im usually at the beach where its slightly cooler. You can always sit under an umbrella or in the shade and that breeze definitely helps a lot to move the air around or it would be pretty humid.

Definitely need AC in the room but nighttime is quite comfortable.

Rocky
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
For you who think it's hot here in the summer, then you haven't been to Miami.
The truth is that it's only a few degrees warmer during the daytime.
The big difference is that it barely cools down at night, so you get an accumulated heat in buildings, furniture, etc.
Some buildings are cooler than others.
The 1st Rocky's was in a hot building and the summer nights were often uncomfortable, not to mention too hot for a matinee.
The rooms we're in now are quite comfy without AC, as long as there's an overhead fan.
I don't have AC in my own room.
Anyhow, it is true that most buildings, specially multiple floor buildings need AC.
To get back to the temp differences, it might only go down to 75 F at night, and then back up to the low 90's in the day.
In the winter, the day temps approach the 90's but the nights might drop down to 65.

gdogg
05-01-2007, 10:05 PM
It's hot as hell year round, but a blistering inferno during the summer months. It's my only complaint about the island (I sweat a lot).

Mr Bambino
05-02-2007, 12:41 AM
It gets very hot in the summer. The hottest time I seen was in July, it was a very hot week. Was hard to even sleep, the AC was broke.

Mr Bambino

elsucio
05-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Rocky was dead on as usual, but for most of us pampered North Americans an AC is a must at night from about May-Nov at night, well for me anyway...

Hemp
05-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Rocky is used to that shit so what does he know??? and Beads must be smoking crack...

ITS HOT AS A BITCH THERE!!! AND I HAVE BEEN TO MIAMI...DR IS HOTTER,

Jimmydr
05-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Rocky is used to that shit so what does he know??? and Beads must be smoking crack...

Rocky was the dog that ran away? You talking to dogs?

gdogg
05-02-2007, 10:39 AM

The DR is definitely hotter than Miami!! I don't have to walk around with a "sweat rag" when I visit Florida.

eldorob
05-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I only used AC on one trip, that was last Sept. It was a little muggy. Usually a ceiling fan is plenty.

Rocky
05-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Rocky was the dog that ran away? You talking to dogs?Hey...
He didn't run away.
He croaked the week we were opening the bar and we named it in his honour.

Beads
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
What can I saw I like heat.

SJG
05-02-2007, 03:13 PM
The girls always complain that I have the AC on. This last trip was rainy and cool and I hardly used the air conditioner. I like a cold room and using extra blankets.

Dark Knight
05-02-2007, 04:03 PM
blankets wow i have not heard that word since i left canada Even on the coldest of nites here i only use a sheet and between may and oct air con is on most nights

Rick

TMONEY
05-02-2007, 09:47 PM
EastCoast it looks like your in a heat fan, if your from Florida it is no hotter during the summer.

vagabond
05-11-2007, 07:17 PM
The may weather isn't the best, thats for sure, rain every day. Pouring down for the moment.

guttaman
05-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Last July 4th was a fucking heat whore. The heat index in june is usually around the temperature quoted, but closer to august the heat index in Sosua can hit 115 degrees with a mean high of 95 to 100. Santiago is even more of a bitch because they do not have the sea breeze to cool them down at night.

Rocky
05-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Last July 4th was a fucking heat whore. The heat index in june is usually around the temperature quoted, but closer to august the heat index in Sosua can hit 115 degrees with a mean high of 95 to 100. Santiago is even more of a bitch because they do not have the sea breeze to cool them down at night.It certainly can hit 95, and Santiago is worse, but I don't think that I have ever seen 100, except back in Canada in the summer.

kiddfrost
05-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Last July 4th was a fucking heat whore. The heat index in june is usually around the temperature quoted, but closer to august the heat index in Sosua can hit 115 degrees with a mean high of 95 to 100. Santiago is even more of a bitch because they do not have the sea breeze to cool them down at night.

I'll take DR heat over Iraq's anyday. 115... That's the night temp over here... To anyone that's complaining about the heat... Suck it up. If I can bottle some of the shit over and mail it. You would die... Todays Temp 105... Summer's Temp can get up to 130+...

I'll take 115 with some pussy anyday, then get 130+ without it...

Gladiator
05-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Summer is also hurricane season and, from what I’ve seen, hurricanes in the DR are no fun…

kiddfrost
05-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Give me a raincoat for my body and dick and let the festivites began