PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Recommendation Needed

bambam1
05-08-2007, 09:21 PM
I'll be in Sosua next month and I am looking for a recommendation on the best place to stay for a mongering trip. I've previously stayed at the Palace (now seemingly defunct) and the Europa (seemingly not too popular these days) a few years ago. These are the things that I'm looking for:

A/C
in-room safe
chica-friendly (no extra charge for having girls in the room)
chicas on site (hanging around the place)
hot water
cable TV
generally cleanThere are some places which are new to me and seem good (i.e. New Garden, Rocky's), but I'd like to know which one guys think is the best.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

ChicaSeeka
05-08-2007, 09:22 PM
New Garden

Hemp
05-08-2007, 09:24 PM
do a few stays at the New Garden Hotel...then look into some villas and condos, if your going to make sosua a main point of travel for the next few years.

the_Jayman
05-08-2007, 10:34 PM
FUCK THE NEW GARDEN ! ! ! !

Why the fuck does everyone on this board keep endorsing the New Garden while Lorenzo keeps fucking us ???

you guys gettin some free bee's ? ? ?

an HONEST question ! ! !

Me . . . Gdogg . . and at least a couple of guys @ Lou's last weekend . . .

Rocky
05-09-2007, 05:47 AM
Why the fuck does everyone on this board keep endorsing the New Garden while Lorenzo keeps fucking us ???
an HONEST question ! ! !
Because it fits the OP's criteria perfectly.
Furthermore, his prices are reasonable.
We all know about the reservations problems in the past, and hopefully his new assistant will improve that track record.
I've known Lorenzo for 14 years or so, and he's always been decent, and he has become quite personable, since he separated from Keti.

Canto Del Delfin offers good value as well, but I'm not sure if they have safes in the rooms, nor chicas hanging out there.
Having no current website, is a bit inconvenient for making reservations.

Casa Cayena's pretty good as well, but 50% more expensive.

Europa's falling apart, from what I see in many posts, and a lot of guys would prefer to not have to run the gauntlet of rough & tumble crack whores, just to get to their rooms.

Club Residencial seems to have been well liked by a lot of ISOC members, although I don't know how the prices compare, and there was that recent complaint about the racist thing.

That pretty much covers the guest friendly hotels in the downtown area, that meet the OP's criteria, and clearly New Garden scores at the top of the list.

Jimmydr
05-09-2007, 07:27 AM

you guys gettin some free bee's ? ? ?

an HONEST question ! ! !

Me . . . Gdogg . . and at least a couple of guys @ Lou's last weekend . . .

Anyplace worth staying seems to fuck us regularly. They can't handle the traffic.

Beads
05-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Nobody is perfect in this world and mistakes do happen. I have stayed at the new garden numerous times and only had one minor reservation issue which was quickly resolved. People from different areas tend to react to problems differently. The fact that your reservation may be screwed up could make your blood boil but there may be a simple fix.

If you let your blood boil and start screaming the other person might also get upset and not want to deal with you anymore.

When I had my problem I didnt get mad I asked what we could do to fix the situation and the results made me a continuing customer and someone who would recommend the hotel again.

Face it were all human and all make mistakes ...

dukes1963
05-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I am a General Manager at an Oceanfront hotel in NC-as stated earlier mistakes are made-I'll tell you for a fact if somebody does go off on me-I do not want him staying here anyway and will tell him I think its best if he looks for someplace else to stay. If you are calm and professional-I'll do what ever it takes to resolve the situation

Beads
05-09-2007, 02:38 PM
its definitely different when dealing with a chain. when your dealing with the hotel owner directly he or she will react however they feel like. In the case of a hotel chain the manager has to answer to higher ups. In the case of a chain the hotel manager's job may be in jeapardy.

Choirboy
05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I was at the New Garden for 4 days at Easter. The only thing I could bitch about would be the tiny water heater that you have to make sure you have turned on. Other than that absolutely no worries. You're a couple of minutes walk from Rockie's and the Merengue bar/Classicos. Maybe 5-7 minutes from the beach. The new German guy seems to have a better handle on the reservations. I had a second floor room with a nice private balcony overlooking the pool. No problems with the night security guard. I've reserved room 21 from June 28 until July 8.

remyman41
05-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Choirboy is absolutely correct on the water heater. No one told me and I hit the switch by the door thinking it was a light switch, the next morning I woke up to a cold shower, and was pissed. it took me a day to figure out that the switch controled the heater.

Choirboy
05-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I forgot to add that I had 6 days reserved at Blackbeard's after my 4 days at the New Garden and I seriously considered cancelling and remaining where I was at. Unfortunately, my conscience got the better of me and I couldn't stiff them at the last minute.

The New Garden is not a five star hotel, but for 49 bucks a night including taxes, it's a bargain. Especially when you consider you are within easy walking distance of all the main attractions in Sosua.

Hopefully, their reservation problems are behind them with the addition of the new guy.

And no I'm not a shill !!!! I just know they were getting a bad rep because of a spell of reservation problems and thought I would share my recent experience.

fastfood98
05-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Where can I get info on some condos to stay at? Also where is Casa Cayene? I have not heard of that. Thanks

Jimmydr
05-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Where can I get info on some condos to stay at? Also where is Casa Cayene? I have not heard of that. Thanks

Rocky has Condo's. Casa Cayene is a block past New Garden Hotel.

thunderstar
05-16-2007, 11:33 AM
With regards to the DELFIN,

This is situated opposite the Playro on the corner.
The price is very cheap. We have stayed there the last 3 weeks on a months rental for 575 inclusive.
The room is basic, air con, bed, table with chairs, kitchen, bathroom ( dated but functional ) and a balcony.

Back home in the UK I had a detached place in the country side which had no noise. My only complaint of the Delfin is the noise in the morning. Every morning as its next to the traffic lights people are beeping from around 7.30am EVERYDAY.
If this is not a problem for you the Delfin is definately an option for ISOC guys.

With regards to Club residential ( we had a look as we will be moving for next month ) I personally think it looks great. 600 for the month all in, with a superior room, that was fernished better than the delfin, cleaner, newer and no noise.

However there was this report as Rocky said a couple of weeks ago........ but everyone is different and only the pepople involved know what really happened.

fastfood98
05-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Rocky has Condo's. Casa Cayene is a block past New Garden Hotel.

Thanks. How do I make a reservation for a condo at Rocky's. Are they the condos kind of across the street from Rocky's?

Jimmydr
05-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks. How do I make a reservation for a condo at Rocky's. Are they the condos kind of across the street from Rocky's?

PM Rocky on this site.

guttaman
05-17-2007, 08:16 AM

His condos are a long walk or short moto ride away. There is Neptunos that is close to Rockys but usually cost double the ones at the Palms or Tradewinds. His site http://www.rockysbar.com

But getting back to the OP. Most condos do not have room safes. Chicas are not hanging around. And most only have A/C in the bedroom.