PDA

View Full Version : Movies

Beads
09-11-2005, 05:56 PM
How long does it take for a US movie to appear in DR theatres? Also how long does it take for the movies out on DVD in the us to get to the DR?

Apos
09-11-2005, 05:57 PM
some first run movies open at the same time in the DR as the USA.
no idea about dvd's. never even seen arental place in the DR.

Beads
09-11-2005, 05:59 PM
People dont own dvd players in the DR? I know they have them on the south coast.I didn't see any for sale anyplace though which is kind of strange.

Apos
09-11-2005, 06:04 PM
they're around but i think a lot arrive in suitcases. i don't get into the cities much so there are others here that will have a better idea.

BrooklynBeas
09-11-2005, 06:17 PM
if i wasnt going to be there for a long period of time (1 month or more) i really wouldnt worry to much about DVD players... But i know a lot of movies come out the same time as in NYC... (ive never been to a movie in the DR either and honestly dont really plan on it)

Bug Boy
09-11-2005, 07:13 PM
How long does it take for a US movie to appear in DR theatres? Also how long does it take for the movies out on DVD in the us to get to the DR?It varies, sometimes the same night, sometimes 3 months later. Star Wars: Ep. III opened the same night in both English and Spanish.

-Helpmann :)

Jimmydr
09-11-2005, 07:16 PM
How long does it take for a US movie to appear in DR theatres? Also how long does it take for the movies out on DVD in the us to get to the DR?It varies, sometimes the same night, sometimes 3 months later. Star Wars: Ep. III opened the same night in both English and Spanish.

I was there opening night with 5 others in my crew. Total in theater was 12.

Bug Boy
09-11-2005, 07:38 PM

I was there opening night with 5 others in my crew. Total in theater was 12.I saw it in Santo Domingo. The place was packed.

-Helpmann 8)