PDA

View Full Version : X Mas in DR!!!!

Jimmydr
06-03-2004, 03:02 PM
I just paid $345 on Jet Blue. American wanted $899!!!!

Big Difference!!!!!!

Gutter Meat
06-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Yes, Jet Blue is much cheaper than AA for Chrismas. I'm sure there will be plenty of people jumping on that great deal. This is what is great about having more airlines flying to DR. We are no longer locked in to AA or Continental.

Gutter Meat
06-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Just tried to price Newark to pop on Continental for x-mas ,, all flights sold out.

Gutter Meat
06-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Is jet blue going to include the departure tax in the price of there ticket ? I know AA does. I once took USA3000 to SDQ and when I checked in I was informed that I owed $20 departure tax. After getting to the gate I looked at my ticket and saw the depature tax was included in the ticket price. I complained to a gate agent and when I borded the plane I was refunded the $20. I think everyone should be aware of this scam especially with new airlines. I will e-mail jet Blue and try to find out.

Gutter Meat
06-03-2004, 09:22 PM
well regarding my last reply,I priced Jet Blue to Santiago & I see the tax is about $20 more on the return flight so I would say it's safe to say the departure tax is included. The people at the airport that check you in don't always work for the airline so don't let them tell you that you owe departure tax. print out your itinerary and have it handy just in case.I just want everyone to be one step ahead of the game.
By he way I see for June $99 each way on jet blue. Doesn't get better than that!!!

JD
06-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Good work on exposing this scam. I would have fallen for it, if asked
for cash on one of my previous trips.

The more you know the less you owe.

Happy Hunting,

JD

Jimmydr
06-04-2004, 10:12 AM
well regarding my last reply,I priced Jet Blue to Santiago & I see the tax is about $20 more on the return flight so I would say it's safe to say the departure tax is included. The people at the airport that check you in don't always work for the airline so don't let them tell you that you owe departure tax. print out your itinerary and have it handy just in case.I just want everyone to be one step ahead of the game.
By he way I see for June $99 each way on jet blue. Doesn't get better than that!!!

That means its a little over $300, WOW! :shock: