PDA

View Full Version : Verizon is now Codetel

gmalet
05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
From Sosua News

My e-mail doesn't arrive if I send it to a friend in Sosúa! This is a complaint that we've heard a lot lately!
But everyone knows that Verizon has now been sold and renamed Codetel. From now on all e-mails containing the word Verizon need to be changed to Codetel, otherwise the e-mails just get lost in the system somewhere.
So, instead of sending an e-mail, for example, to:
domicanrepublic@verizon.net.do
You should now address it to:
dominicanrepublic@codetel.net.do!

El Tiburon
05-17-2007, 03:13 PM
From Sosua News

My e-mail doesn't arrive if I send it to a friend in Sosúa! This is a complaint that we've heard a lot lately!
But everyone knows that Verizon has now been sold and renamed Codetel. From now on all e-mails containing the word Verizon need to be changed to Codetel, otherwise the e-mails just get lost in the system somewhere.
So, instead of sending an e-mail, for example, to:
domicanrepublic@verizon.net.do
You should now address it to:
dominicanrepublic@codetel.net.do!

i have had noting but problems with text mess, with verizon as well as orange(cingular) i recieve texts but cant send them, i get a mess sayin" the number your callin is a land line.... forget about video mess.........

MrHappy
05-27-2007, 09:19 AM
The switchover from verizon to codetel was indeed a hugh pain in the ass.

Forget about problems with people receiving emails, think about us poor folks setting up email accounts.

One day you'd have to use mail.codetel.net.do as your incoming server,

The next day it wouldn't work until you substituted smtp. for mail. in the server address. Next day, it wouldn't work unless you changed it to 65.166.10.141

What a mess!

At least now it's back to normal.