PDA

View Full Version : Don Adres

lonesoul
05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Has anyone stayed at Hotel Don Andres? Is it a nice place and do they allow chicas ? Any info............

Rocky
05-17-2007, 10:53 PM
I am told it is no longer guest friendly.
It certainly was for many years, but I believe they are now working with European tour groups and have changed their format.

the_Jayman
05-17-2007, 11:04 PM
. . . and have changed their format.

bastards ! ! ! ! !

Beads
05-18-2007, 10:33 AM
I can see the point of not wanting a bunch of hookers hanging out bothering your customers but also any hotel should understand the atmosphere of Sosua where a great many of their customers will be picking up chicas. Why not cater to the largest amount of customers possible?

As long as its kept low key it shouldnt interfere with other customers.

During low season there arent nearly as many tourists besides mongers so they miss a decent sized market share.

Rocky
05-18-2007, 10:38 AM
I can see the point of not wanting a bunch of hookers hanging out bothering your customers but also any hotel should understand the atmosphere of Sosua where a great many of their customers will be picking up chicas. Why not cater to the largest amount of customers possible?

As long as its kept low key it shouldnt interfere with other customers.

During low season there arent nearly as many tourists besides mongers so they miss a decent sized market share.
I understand you drawing these conclusions, but this is not the way it goes down.
1st off, the tour operators would pull the contract if the hotel was in breach of terms, which no doubt includes not having putas in there.
2nd, there's no way to control putas that they would always be quiet and comport themselves decently.
It's just plain impossible.
3rd: Why bother with all the problems associated with dealing with putas, if you can fill your hotel without them?

There are other factors too, but this is more than enough to explain and justify their decisions.

Jimmydr
05-18-2007, 10:44 AM
3rd: Why bother with all the problems associated with dealing with putas, if you can fill your hotel without them?

There are other factors too, but this is more than enough to explain and justify their decisions.

Single mongers travel more and spend more.

Beads
05-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I understand you drawing these conclusions, but this is not the way it goes down.
1st off, the tour operators would pull the contract if the hotel was in breach of terms, which no doubt includes not having putas in there.
2nd, there's no way to control putas that they would always be quiet and comport themselves decently.
It's just plain impossible.

If they fill their hotels then sure by all means from a business standpoint. If they are barely getting by and always have loads of empty rooms why not let a few respectiable people rent them.

I consider there to be different types of guest friendly.

1. Anything goes bring as many girls in as you want and party naked poolside all night.

2. Bring in one or 2 chicas of your choice and security takes their ID until they leave. You can use the hotel grounds day and night but no public nudity.

3. You can bring in one chica at a time and can use the pool etc but must be very respectful of your neighbors.

4. You can bring in one chica at night when just about everyone has gone to bed and stay in your room with her. Noise levels dont interfere with anyone and in the morning she discriminately leaves.

I can understand not wanting 1 or 2 if your 100% family oriented but not even allowing 4 closes out a good many potential customers.

Im not talking about AI resorts just privately run hotels etc.

Jimmydr
05-18-2007, 11:00 AM
If they fill their hotels then sure by all means from a business standpoint. If they are barely getting by and always have loads of empty rooms why not let a few respectiable people rent them.

I consider there to be different types of guest friendly.

1. Anything goes bring as many girls in as you want and party naked poolside all night.

2. Bring in one or 2 chicas of your choice and security takes their ID until they leave. You can use the hotel grounds day and night but no public nudity.

3. You can bring in one chica at a time and can use the pool etc but must be very respectful of your neighbors.

4. You can bring in one chica at night when just about everyone has gone to bed and stay in your room with her. Noise levels dont interfere with anyone and in the morning she discriminately leaves.

I can understand not wanting 1 or 2 if your 100% family oriented but not even allowing 4 closes out a good many potential customers.

Im not talking about AI resorts just privately run hotels etc.

If I had a family, Punta Cana would be my only choice and Sosua would be on none of my lists.

guttaman
05-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Really no need to even bother with this place. They are not very American friendly anyways. I stayed there with a not a puta and was told more than once that " this is not America ".

Jimmydr
05-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Really no need to even bother with this place. They are not very American friendly anyways. I stayed there with a not a puta and was told more than once that " this is not America ".

I am guessing that you hear that alot. It well may be "You":mrgreen:

Beads
05-18-2007, 11:11 AM
If I was booking the family vacation id be in Playa Dorado or Punta Cana also.

Its Sosua and everyone knows what goes on there.

If your a hotel owner in Sosua and rely on the income it generates to live I would think a smart person would try to accomodate as many types of people as possible so he or she could get as much of a market share as they can.

Like I said theres different types of guest friendly.

Just my $0.02 and maybe I am a little biased.

Jimmydr
05-18-2007, 11:13 AM
If I was booking the family vacation id be in Playa Dorado or Punta Cana also.

Its Sosua and everyone knows what goes on there.

If your a hotel owner in Sosua and rely on the income it generates to live I would think a smart person would try to accomodate as many types of people as possible so he or she could get as much of a market share as they can.

Like I said theres different types of guest friendly.

Just my $0.02 and maybe I am a little biased.

Look at the New garden, he let us in and he is swimming in cash.

guttaman
05-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Actually it goes like this.

I was there with the sister of a friends wife. Another sister was staying there with a Dutch dude whos brother runs Sosua News. That is why i got stuck there. The sister staying with the Dutch dude (DD) needed papers from Santiago but DD was sick with food poisoning and could not take her. So her sister and my friend drive from Jamao to Santiago to the parents house and drive all the way back to Sosua arriving at 11PM and are told by the owner ( the bigger of the 2 ) that they can not enter and bother the guest. now my friend Billy has been to Don Andres dozens of times and they know who he is. The wife tries to reason with the guy but she gets dissed as a second class nothing. I was at the bar so i walk over, take the documents from Billy and start to walk over to DD's room to give the papers. Owner tells me it is too late to disturb anyone and i remind him i am a guest and have been told to tell Billy that whenever he arrives to go to the room. Now this guy tries to physically stop me from going to the room to drop off the papers. Bad move. Especially since he uses the " this is not America " line. Needless to say they got the documents but "fucking American" was heard more than once afterwards.

continentalmike
05-19-2007, 04:00 AM
I have stayed there and a few others have as well. Jimmy has hung out with me, the GF and the C-Dans an entire afternoon at the pool, brought his stepchildren and enjoyed a good time. He even showed a relaxed side of himself.

A few points to be made here:

1. Currently the hotel depends on the contracts they have with tour operators, so what they say goes

2. It is perfectly possible to stay there as a couple, although the atmosphere is Dutch oriented with Dutch food, beer and sports and a lot of Dutch people and Dutch spoken. If this is a problem for you don't come here..

3. Because of 1 it will never be a NG type of operation

vagabond
05-20-2007, 03:27 PM
If nothing has changed the last days, Don Andres is still guest friendly. But they are a bit more restrictive than before. If the girl have an id and normal behaviour, it should not be a problem.