PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Glove is now Called "The Place"

rley69
05-18-2007, 01:13 PM
When I was around last week they had re-opened and re-arranged the old neon sign and taken down the one saying dancers (but not the one saying massage). Seemed a bit busier than before with a few chicas hanging around most nights but they didn't manage to intice me in.

I may be wrong but it still comes over as a bit of a clip joint trying to drag in guys from the AIs looking to get away from their wives for a while.

Hemp
05-18-2007, 01:16 PM
it'll be closed in a month or two...

Jimmydr
05-18-2007, 01:24 PM
it'll be closed in a month or two...

And re opened then knocked down and then rebuilt.

gdogg
05-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Are there new owners, or did the last one try something new? I was there when it first opened, and hung with the owner at Lou's. I didn't think it would last, but I hoped it would... the owner was very enthusiastic. I got doubtful during the tour of the place, when I saw the owner's meager living arrangement upstairs.

Gutter Meat
05-18-2007, 04:02 PM
It's called "The Spot"

rley69
05-18-2007, 04:20 PM
It's called "The Spot"

Wasn't sure about the name, which pretty much reflects my level of interest in the place. For the sake of accuracy can someone with sufficient admin privileges please amend the title of this thread to reflect this? Thanks.

ErikS
05-18-2007, 07:32 PM
It's been discussed in a couple of threads already, but thanks for the additional info.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/April%202007/The%20Spot/DSCF4664.jpg

Cuba Libre
05-18-2007, 07:55 PM
When I was around last week they had re-opened and re-arranged the old neon sign and taken down the one saying dancers (but not the one saying massage).That's good, considering they never had any dancers.:icontd:

Mr Bambino
05-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Maybe this place could be nice with the right management.

Mr Bambino

BBplays
05-19-2007, 09:16 AM

Mr Bambino

Bambino stepping up and pitching in?

guttaman
05-19-2007, 03:01 PM

Mr Bambino

Gonna have to do a "Pub Crawl" next weekend along Pedro and report back with what we remember.

TropicBob
05-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Gonna have to do a "Pub Crawl" next weekend along Pedro and report back with what we remember.

I lost all sense of my memory since I met Jayman, Gutterman, Eluscio and of course, Mr. Bambino. I use to be a straight, uptight executive who couldn't dance.

I will be on all fours crawling along beside ya, Gutterman

guttaman
05-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I lost all sense of my memory since I met Jayman, Gutterman, Eluscio and of course, Mr. Bambino. I use to be a straight, uptight executive who couldn't dance.

Looks like it is time to call Micky Mantle's doctor and schedule that liver transplant.

Tony Toca
05-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Bambino stepping up and pitching in?

Who ever approaches Big John about partnering and investing in the place will get fucked and stuck.

Mr Bambino
05-21-2007, 12:57 AM
No thanks. I will just keep walking down the road straight to Passions and get fucked and sucked there.

Mr Bambino

elsucio
05-21-2007, 07:31 AM

I might have been drinking but from what i remember i would not exactly call the "Topic Bob Shuffle" dancing... ;-) ps i will be there in exactly 30 more days, let me know if you are going to be there still