PDA

View Full Version : usa drops passport requirements to canda and mexico

whynotme
06-07-2007, 08:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070607/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_passports

whynotme
06-07-2007, 08:49 PM
due to USA citizens complaints the USA government has dropped the new requirement of needing a passport for the next several months...........if you prove you applied for one.

ErikS
06-08-2007, 04:58 PM
FYI. My passport was running out of space (almost all my "boxes" have been stamped), but I still have 4 years until the passport expires.
So I applied to have extra pages added to my passport. There is no charge for this, but it can take several weeks to several months, so I chose to pay the $60 fee for expedited service.

I mailed them the Passport via regular first class mail on Friday, May 25th, and my updated passport arrived back in my mailbox (via Priority Mail) on Wed, June 6th.

So even with the Memorial Day holiday, it only took 12 days.

agua chico
06-08-2007, 05:11 PM
It's only limited to those who have a pending application for the passport, so don't you all start storming the DR with birth certificates next week :)

whynotme
06-08-2007, 08:20 PM
It's only limited to those who have a pending application for the passport, so don't you all start storming the DR with birth certificates next week :)

birth certs are all you need to enter the dr from canada still.
i did it in march (had my pasport but didn't want another page stamped)

Kevy
06-08-2007, 08:21 PM
birth certs are all you need to enter the dr from canada still.
i did it in march (had my pasport but didn't want another page stamped)
It still is for the Americans too. the problem is they can't get home without a passport.:)