PDA

View Full Version : From DR1(DR is a safe haven for German criminals)!!!

Pana
10-01-2005, 12:05 PM
DR is haven for German criminals
A DPA cable reports that many German criminals seek refuge in the Dominican Republic with the intention of evading justice in their own country, according to information which is to appear in Saturday's issue of "Der Spiegel" weekly magazine. An anonymous high-level German diplomat quoted by the German magazine states that "in no other place is there such a terrible mixture of Germans". A BKA criminal police official also quoted in the article says that the country has become a "retirement zone for criminals" sought by authorities for drug trafficking, pedophilia, fraud or tax evasion, among other charges. According to the sources, the lax entry conditions applied in the DR makes it easy for criminals to mingle with more than 30,000 German residents in the country.

Phoenix
10-01-2005, 12:37 PM
I will tell you whats criminal is listening to a German guy sing "My Way" at Sosua Village Cafe. Myself and all the chicas covered our ears. I think it was that same guy who was the mc of the voodoo wet tshirt contest...

rley69
12-17-2005, 09:16 AM
DR is haven for German criminals
A DPA cable reports that many German criminals seek refuge in the Dominican Republic with the intention of evading justice in their own country, according to information which is to appear in Saturday's issue of "Der Spiegel" weekly magazine. An anonymous high-level German diplomat quoted by the German magazine states that "in no other place is there such a terrible mixture of Germans". A BKA criminal police official also quoted in the article says that the country has become a "retirement zone for criminals" sought by authorities for drug trafficking, pedophilia, fraud or tax evasion, among other charges. According to the sources, the lax entry conditions applied in the DR makes it easy for criminals to mingle with more than 30,000 German residents in the country.

Brits too. The tabloid newspapers used to dub Spain the "Costa del Crime" because of the number of high profile criminals hiding out there, but since Britain signed an extradition treaty with the Spanish a few years back Puerto Plata is now by all accounts the destination of choice for British gangsters on the run. Of course there aren't that many British gangsters left now, organised crime over here having been largely franchised to Russians and Albanians over the past decade or so.

RickRock
03-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Typical shit.