PDA

View Full Version : Caribe Tours

Bug Boy
10-02-2005, 10:56 AM
I tried CaribeTours.com only to find the web site is coming soon.

Does anyone have information for catching a bus from STI to Sosua. My first trip I spent $75 USD for a private driver. A little reading at this site I realize I can spend a lot less to get to Sosua. The money saved will pay for my first ST.

So far the only information I have is to catch a cab to the Caribe Terminal and hop on the bus.

How often do the buses run? How far from the strip will the bus let me off?

I will be at STI on a Friday around 1 p.m.

Kevy
10-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Here is the right address, it is in spanish, but it gives you the times.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/

el_papi_chew_low
10-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Thanks Kevy, I was gonna post the link from when we discussed this in April 2005 and Apos posted the times and the bus link, but I see you already adressed it. :D

Kevy
10-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Actually, I have never used the bus, so I can't comment beyond here is the link.

Apos
10-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Actually, I have never used the bus, so I can't comment beyond here is the link.
i've used it a few times and will again next weekend. as long as you can get a taxi to the bus station you're not gonna have a problem. really if i can do it almost anybody can :D

Kevy
10-02-2005, 11:28 AM
What is the cost to Santiago?

el_papi_chew_low
10-02-2005, 11:31 AM
I use it a lot because I often fly into SDQ or STI and spend a few days with the big time talent before moving onto the POP. There are actually 2 bus stops in STI. I've had some adventures on that bus including flat tires and stuff like that ... all and all ... it was always a good way for me to meet some of the locals and have good convo.

Bug Boy
10-02-2005, 11:32 AM

Do you know of a better way to get from STI to Sosua? $120 - $150 USD round trip is a lot of cash to spend on a taxi or private driver. It is a vacation for me and I don't have a problem spending the money. I just thought if I could find a cheaper way to Sosua I could spend that money on the Chicas. What I save could be put towards a Happy Hour or a TLN.

Apos
10-02-2005, 11:32 AM
the bus between Santiago and Los Charamicas was about 80 pesos.
taxi to/from the airport was 450 posted rate at airport.
i paid 500 pesos from the bus station to the airport.
moto from charamicos to sosua...40 pesos..mucho luggage
total $20 USD or so

el_papi_chew_low
10-02-2005, 11:39 AM
My last trip, I wanted to meet Choco Loco and hit the bikini contest so I needed to be in Sosua quickly. I said fuck paying a cab to the bus and then waiting on the bus so I caught a cab for $38 one way to Sosua. I set that rate up weeks before I got down. I figured at that rate I was doing good since I would have to pay for a cab to the bus anyway and I was short on time.

Bug Boy
10-02-2005, 11:40 AM
the bus between Santiago and Los Charamicas was about 80 pesos.
taxi to/from the airport was 450 posted rate at airport.
i paid 500 pesos from the bus station to the airport.
moto from charamicos to sosua...40 pesos..mucho luggage
total $20 USD or so

Total $20 USD.............Yeah, that sounds great.

Silly question, I will be looking for a bus to Los Charamicas not Sosua.

el_papi_chew_low
10-02-2005, 11:46 AM

For all intents and purposes, its the same thing ... but you purchase the ticket for Sosua

Bug Boy
10-02-2005, 12:01 PM

For all intents and purposes, its the same thing ... but you purchase the ticket for Sosua

Thanks,

You have that tongue flicking and them jugs shaking in front of me it is difficult to think straight!

Apos
10-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Los Charamicos is the western, local, part of Sosua while El Batey is the tourist part to the east.

psriches
10-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Coming from Santiago, when the bus drops you off in Charimicos, take any local taxi to the hotel areas for 200 pesos.

RSMMAN
10-02-2005, 12:53 PM
ON AUG 25 I PAYED 210.00 RD FROM SANTO DOMINGO TO SOSUA TOOK ABOUT 4 HOURS BUS HAS AC AND TV I LIKED IT :D

Bug Boy
10-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Coming from Santiago, when the bus drops you off in Charimicos, take any local taxi to the hotel areas for 200 pesos.

I like this better than jumping on a moto with luggage.