PDA

View Full Version : New disco in Boca Chica on beach

Gutter Meat
06-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Back from Boca this past weekend, there is a new disco on the beach which is located next to Peter's Playa Vista Bar and is right behind Hotel Europa. I believe it was called "Terraz" somthing and it's on the 2nd level overlooking the beach. The place is very nicely done. All the regular bars and discos are open again in Boca and that small area on darte street was pretty crowded with the chairs set up. Very few tourists. Plenty of chicas ( not the best quality) but there were some 8 & 9s that were hangin out in front of the American Bar.

The people begging and trying to hit you up for money is way worse than in Sosua. It could't sit on the beach in front of Playa Vista without at least 5 venders anoying me every 2 minutes. If you used to this anoyance no big deal , you know what I'm talking about. There chicas in Boca I believe are more prone to being theives too. Chica I had the last night stole my 99 cent shampoo & $5 steton colon from target (lol) gotta love it!!!! Just make sure you put anything you don't want the chicas paws on put in the safe. When you take a chica back to the room have her wait outside your room and then go in and hide your safe key and then let her in.

The going taxi rate from Las Americas to Boca is $22 which was posted at the airport. The airport has been expanded and they did a real nice job. There is a new bar at the boarding gate with hot chicas working there. That's all folks.

tomgueguen
06-14-2007, 10:37 AM
No, I am sure you can tell us more.
Where did you find your girls?
How the new disco?
Etc....
There is so few reports on BC that détails are always interesting to read.
Thanks

Gutter Meat
06-14-2007, 11:45 AM
No, I am sure you can tell us more.
Where did you find your girls?
How the new disco?
Etc....
There is so few reports on BC that détails are always interesting to read.
Thanks

All you gotta do is open your eyes and you will find girls, they are everywhere in Boca. The new disco was half full the night I went with a large open area view of beach.

tomgueguen
06-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Any charge to get in?
As hardore girls as in ex-Cosmos (now VIP) or less ?

Gutter Meat
06-14-2007, 07:08 PM
no charge to get in.

Deniro
06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
that place has been opening/closing/opening for a while now. never been inside coz i heard it's pretty much only Dominicans in there. tourists hang out on the main street.

ilikenyacional
06-14-2007, 08:35 PM
that place has been opening/closing/opening for a while now. never been inside coz i heard it's pretty much only Dominicans in there. tourists hang out on the main street.

What's wrong with that ?

I like it when i'm the only turista.

Gutter Meat
06-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Blog from Peter at Playa Vista on Boca Chica nightlife

Thursday, May 31, 2007

It is true to say that Boca Chica's commercial activities took rather a beating just over two years ago when, in one short period and for different dubious reasons, the mainstays of night time watering holes, in the Duarte main street, were closed. Those of you who are regular Boca Chica visitors will probably recall their names at the time: 'Cosmos Disco' 'Zanzi Bar', 'Madhouse', 'Route 66', 'La Criolla' and 'Bar Austria'.

The good news for night-life lovers is that each of these establishments is well and truly up and running again, though be it nearly all under different names and the greater part under different management. The only exception to that rule is La Criolla which carries on with its original name, now from time to time also offering live music performances, under precisely the same management. The newly revamped Cosmos Disco and Zanzi Bar are now under the common roof of 'Ambaradan- Disco Bar', whereas Madhouse re-opened its shutters as 'Liquer Store'. Route 66, including the distinctive Route 66 gas pump, disappeared and currently goes by the name of 'Piano Plaza' - 'Discoteca Germandi'. Apart from La Criolla arguably the one that has maintained closest form with its past is Bar Austria which has merely transferred half its name across the Alps; now named 'Dominican-Suiza Bar'.

However, a quick review of our main street indicates that in addition to these mainstays Boca Chica night life has rarely been served by quite so many bars at the same time. New to the territory since that low point a couple of years ago is 'American Bar' located inside the Hotel Europa, 'Colmado Belli' found directly opposite Liquer Store and 'Comedor Alleman' which is a drinking establishment in the very premises of that former server of sweet-toothed puddings, namely the 'Nestle' ice-cream parlor. Don't worry though... if you have a craving for ice-cream, and are not up to running after the mobile ice-cream vendor wandering around town, the Dominican produced "Bon" franchise serves ice-cream further along the street and its branding definitely undersells itself for it is considerably better than its name states... quite "Excellent" in fact.

Discotheques seem to be experiencing a similar upward trend to the Bars, even if some of them are on somewhat less certain ground! At that low point back in early 2005 there were only two discotheques to be counted in central Boca Chica; that of the ever present 'Hamaca Hotel' and one in the 'Hotel Burbuja'. At point of writing we can actually count four plus one waiting in the pending tray. The three solid operators are those at the ex-Route 66, the ex-Cosmos and the Hamaca. In addition to that we hear that the Burbuja now under the name of 'El Greco' is waiting the granting of permits to re-open as both a hotel and a discotheque. That just leaves the currently named 'Disco Terraza' on the beach, which in ironic contrast to the ex-Burbuja seems to be less interested in annoying little things like permits... that might be something to do with a whole row of law-defying predecessors being abruptly closed down who had to learn the hard way that an open-air discotheque is not actually permittable according to Dominican law! Anyway, we hope you can make it soon to try or re-try the assortment offered... and don't forget that Playa Vista and the Playa Vista Beach area is the perfect place to relax the next day if at any point you should overdo things in the bars and discotheques the night before!