PDA

View Full Version : Las Canas in Sosua

Gutter Meat
06-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Has anyone here ever stayed at Las Canas in Sosua ? Is it chic friendly ? Where in Sosua is it located?

http://www.lascanas.net/rentals.html

Rocky
06-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Las Caņas is located in the La Mulata project.
That's the road that goes South from the highway, just after the Car Wash, when leaving Sosua, heading towards Cabarete.
Approx. 1/2 mile past the International School, there is a left turn for Las Caņas, then 1/4 mile down the street.
It is chica friendly, but on the level of Trade Winds and The Palms. not quite as chica friendly as New Garden.

continentalmike
06-17-2007, 05:37 AM
Las Caņas is located in the La Mulata project.
That's the road that goes South from the highway, just after the Car Wash, when leaving Sosua, heading towards Cabarete.
Approx. 1/2 mile past the International School, there is a left turn for Las Caņas, then 1/4 mile down the street.
It is chica friendly, but on the level of Trade Winds and The Palms. not quite as chica friendly as New Garden.

La Mulata is a bit less safe than most areas, but not unduly so.

The Las Caņas project is basically a compound in the hills. The turn-off is in front of the car-wash and you'll usually see a few moto's hanging at the turn-off. You enter the road (when it rains it can get washed-out a bit) and drive up the hill. After about 2 miles you'll come up to the International School on your left hand side.

Follow the road and the directions Rocky gave you.

It's not a place to stay without your own transport, which should be safely parked at night!

guttaman
06-17-2007, 07:32 AM
I know a few people that live at Las Canas. It has to be one of the best kept places in the Sosua area. The pool is fucking incredible. Had breakfast there when the 2 new owners of the old Debbies Pantry ran the restaurant, food was good and cost was under 4 bucks. Now i hear they have a professional chef running the restaurant.

If i was going during the summer i would get a studio because the one bebrooms can be hard to keep cool with one aircon for 2 rooms.

The prices are decent for what you get but like stated the place is a hike in and a moto or rental car is needed. If no rental get the phone #s of the guys that do work the area and pay a few pesos to keep these guys on call.

Rocky
06-17-2007, 11:14 AM
I know a few people that live at Las Canas. It has to be one of the best kept places in the Sosua area. The pool is fucking incredible. Had breakfast there when the 2 new owners of the old Debbies Pantry ran the restaurant, food was good and cost was under 4 bucks. Now i hear they have a professional chef running the restaurant.

If i was going during the summer i would get a studio because the one bebrooms can be hard to keep cool with one aircon for 2 rooms.

The prices are decent for what you get but like stated the place is a hike in and a moto or rental car is needed. If no rental get the phone #s of the guys that do work the area and pay a few pesos to keep these guys on call.In case you didn't already know, that's where we're having the July 4th BBQ party (on the 1st).