PDA

View Full Version : MamaJuana

Bug Boy
10-08-2005, 08:27 AM
MamaJuana, what do you do with this stuff? My first, and only, trip so far I purchased a bottle from a beach vendor. I guess it was something to bring home, not to mention I was told it was a vitamin V replacement.

What do you really do with this bottle of twigs? I will be back in the DR in a few weeks. Should I look for a "better shop" to purchase a different bottle? Maybe I should just put the bottle I have on a shelf and look at myself and say sucker!

rley69
10-08-2005, 08:57 AM
It is actually a local brew. The recipes vary a bit but it is usually a mixture of rum, red wine, honey and herbs and tree root that are supposed to have an hallucinogenic effect (hence the name). I brought some bottles at the airport on my way home last time that said it was an aphrodisiac.

Sometimes you see bottles with just the herbs and root, which is probably what you got. I presume the idea is that you mix in your own alcohol with these.

gmalet
10-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Its nice to do a shot or two of this at some local bars. Good shit. Just my opinion.

Freak In Black
10-08-2005, 10:55 AM
I bought a bottle at the airport last month on my return from Sosua.

As far as what I was told by a local, what you need to do is fill it 1/2 with RUM. Any variety will do. I filled mine with Hatian Rum.

Then after about 2 weeks, you fill it 1/4 of the way with Red Wine.

After a few days, you fill it with 1/4 of honey.

After another week of sitting, it's ready.

I am about to taste mine, but I had it in DR.

It tasted good.

I had a great night, but can't tell you if it was the MamaJuana, my horny self, or the sexy chica I had.

A blur.

Bug Boy
10-08-2005, 11:12 AM
As far as what I was told by a local, what you need to do is fill it 1/2 with RUM. Any variety will do. I filled mine with Hatian Rum.

Then after about 2 weeks, you fill it 1/4 of the way with Red Wine.

After a few days, you fill it with 1/4 of honey.

After another week of sitting, it's ready.

Hey Freak, Thanks for the recipe.