PDA

View Full Version : Dutch HELP Needed!!!!

Don Tomas
10-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey all of our Dutch members, it's very early in the morning but I need a critical translation asap. The software used for this site is of course free and supported by users around the world, well there is a error happening right now I am trying to troubleshoot and I need a translation. On line translations suck so help please.

There is a Dutch site with many members and it is very active.

Note: I underlined words that you shouldn't translate, PC/software terms.
Note: I realize most Europeans can speak/read English but I noticed that there were more replies for posts in Dutch.

I have a very odd problem that just happened. Out of nowhere.

Now I am planning on upgrading to PHPNuke Platinum 7.6.2 but I am still running 7.6.0. Phpbb is 2.0.11. (Yes I know I need to upgrade and it's planned for this weekend if I resolve this problem)

I have 174 forums, of those 8 forums are private.

I have a HeadQuarters group who has access to all groups with moderator access.

Well without rhyme or reason members of the HQ group started getting the error "The page cannot be displayed" with random topics.

Since it was limited to HQ members I presumed it had to do with moderator access.

First I removed moderator access for all of the forums and all topics started working again.
Then I turned on moderator access with forums that had known "bad" topics and they worked again and didn't come up with the error.
So I started turning on moderator access a section at a time. (about 4-8 forums at once) and the topics worked fine until I got to about 140 forums with moderator access, then some of the known topics worked but others still failed. With about 120 forums with moderator access all topics worked. Note: the topics not working had no relation to whether they had mod access to that forum or not.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

gdogg
10-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm not Dutch, but I will gladly surrender my mod priviledges to be able to read threads. Hopefully C-Mike will log on soon. Good luck, and please ignore my rants. I'm just frustrated. Your work is greatly appreciated!!

sjaak
10-15-2005, 03:15 AM
Almost everyone here understands english, and website moderators of the site you mean will very likely be able to understand what you say, but as you say you're in kind of a hurry, I'm pm-ing you a translation