PDA

View Full Version : The Effects of July Invasion

Eduardo
07-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey guys since the New Garden is packed for July. I was wondering if anyone could provide any info on Casa Cayena. www.hotelcasacayena.com They offer free breakfast. Does anyone know if they are chica friendy and charge a guest fee? I was told $70 per night for two guests with two full size beds. Any info would help.

BCell
07-07-2007, 09:02 PM
i stayed there one night last week, yes they are chica friendly with no guest fee. Security asks for cedula.

MyTio
07-07-2007, 09:13 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/3486467067fd5b2ab.bmp guest friendly king size beds hot water air nice pool photo on hotel balcony

gdogg
07-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Casa Cayena is a pretty cool place to stay. The free breakfast can't be beat. I ate all I wanted. If you're big on A/C, you need to make sure get the right room (first floor). They have great phones for renting (500 peso deposit)...the best phone I've ever had in the DR. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. The place is very guest friendly, and security is top notch. They have computers in the lobby, but they were very slow during my last visit. I'll probably stay there again. Lorenzo introduced me to Casa Cayena earlier this year when he overbooked, and I had to stay there one night. My last trip I stayed there for over a week. I had few complaints.

Jimmydr
07-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Casa Cayena is a pretty cool place to stay. The free breakfast can't be beat. I ate all I wanted. If you're big on A/C, you need to make sure get the right room (first floor). They have great phones for renting (500 peso deposit)...the best phone I've ever had in the DR. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. The place is very guest friendly, and security is top notch. They have computers in the lobby, but they were very slow during my last visit. I'll probably stay there again. Lorenzo introduced me to Casa Cayena earlier this year when he overbooked, and I had to stay there one night. My last trip I stayed there for over a week. I had few complaints.

People had complaints there and would jump to the New Garden.

Dark Knight
07-09-2007, 12:25 AM
With what were they unhappy?

People had complaints there and would jump to the New Garden.

Hunter
07-09-2007, 06:57 PM
With what were they unhappy?

I stayed there.

Problems:

AC sucks. That is major major problem in my opionion. The units are old and many of the rooms they just don't work. I got a fairly decent one on lower level but you have to run through many rooms to find a good one.

They have these wooden shutters in room where the air leaks out. Weird setup.

Two young punks were fucking with me as I was banging a chica and looking in through these shutters. I think it was two american punks staying in casa cayena. Got the security guard to chase them away and my chica yelled at them.

Locked my luggage in a room after I checked out and I come back to go to airport and manager is gone. We had to climb through a window with a young domincan to get door open.

So I am down on casa cayena. But everything GDogg says is correct if you hit it right.

Eduardo
07-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks for letting start this thread. I have gotten a ton of good information. Hopefully Casa Cayena works out. I know most of you have good verbal skills with the chicas. My buddy and I speak fluent Spanish and anyone who wants to hook up for translation with the chicas or a beer, we will be in Sosua July 19 to July 24. I am also looking to play golf at Playa Dorada and Playa Grande if any one is interested. Playa Grande goes private next year. www.playagrande.com Thanks Jimmy Dr for all your info. I think all of us owe you a dollar!