PDA

View Full Version : Should I invest more time...

Don Tomas
07-13-2007, 04:44 AM
This is a 1 day poll!

Basically the recent versions of vBulletin eliminate the quoting of pics in a quote.

So my question to everyone....

Should I repeat my coding to allow pics in quotes but still keep the exploit down? The standard way will mean that quoted pics will turn into links so the pic will still be viewable through a link.

PS. The upgrade will probably happen tomorrow.

PPS. Vote the way you want.

weyland
07-13-2007, 04:49 AM
It has always annoyed me how lazy and undisciplined some posters are. They simply quote the whole of the previous poster's effort when they wish to reply, maybe to just one point or picture in it. If these lazy bastards made the effort to edit out of the quote everything which was not relevant to their own reply, DT would not have to make this decision. They are often the same morons who think it is clever to post everything in enormous font sizes.

whynotme
07-13-2007, 07:10 AM
what Weyland said as i am to lazy to write my own reply:rofl:
keep up the good work DT

Beads
07-13-2007, 10:01 AM
People can see the pic in the original post. Most of the people who quote others pics dont ever post any of their own anyhow. They just quote other peoples.

I vote DT doesnt waste his time.

DEPUTY DAWG
07-13-2007, 10:13 AM
It gets too repetitive for me. Always going over the same pics over & over & over........ I'm agreeing with weyland, now I'm scared:eek:

Kevy
07-13-2007, 10:17 AM
You tried this before and I know there were some complaints, but I still think this is a good idea.

Hunter
07-13-2007, 10:32 AM
The only one who should be able to do it is Blacksultan. Because he cracks me up with his comments.

Other than him correctomundo - repetitive.

Jimmydr
07-13-2007, 10:33 AM
The only one who should be able to do it is Blacksultan. Because he cracks me up with his comments.

Other than him correctomundo - repetitive.

No one should be able to do it. Not everyone enjoys his comments.

DEPUTY DAWG
07-13-2007, 10:44 AM
He can still make his comments just with links instead of pics............. Besides he's a consistant active poster!!!!!!! Now if we could get some of his pics......

Jimmydr
07-13-2007, 10:57 AM
He can still make his comments just with links instead of pics............. Besides he's a consistant active poster!!!!!!! Now if we could get some of his pics......

He can post his own pictures with comments just as easily. As a guy that has over 5,000 pictures posted, every reason for not posting is BULLSHIT unless the truth is that a guy not posting pictures only is going with 1 chica. Not Black Sultan to be specific but this applies to many. I myself don't care if guys have novias there. Its their vacation and life.

DEPUTY DAWG
07-13-2007, 12:03 PM
It's strange to me but I don't try to figure them out anymore....... Hell if he's with only one chica he has even more opportunity to snap some pics!!!! The thing that kills me is she doesn't have to be naked

Hemp
07-13-2007, 12:31 PM
It's strange to me but I don't try to figure them out anymore....... Hell if he's with only one chica he has even more opportunity to snap some pics!!!! The thing that kills me is she doesn't have to be naked

excellent post!

blacksultan
07-13-2007, 12:50 PM
No one should be able to do it. Not everyone enjoys his comments.

I enjoy my comments Woody Allen JUNIORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. :wink: :wink: :wink:

And no, I am not just with one chica. y'all can be some sillymuthafuckas sometimes. (and I know you werent being specific)

Dick Dawson
07-13-2007, 12:55 PM
If the makers of the software decided to make the change, it usually means that they got enough feedback from users to make the change.

blacksultan
07-13-2007, 12:56 PM
If the makers of the software decided to make the change, it usually means that they got enough feedback from users to make the change.

Dick Dawson becomes Max Headroom.

DEPUTY DAWG
07-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I wasn't refering to ya my DAAAAAAWG!!!!!!!! just some guys don't make any sense to me by not posting even dressed girls.... Hell I just wanna see them if I'm not there.....

Apos
07-13-2007, 04:22 PM
if people would learn to properly use the quote function properly this wouldn't be that big an issue.
you could easily refer back to the post with the pic and see it. there's a little arrow in the quote box just to the right of the quoted poster's name...:eek:

even better if DT does spend the time; it would be wonderful if people would quit abusing it by quoting,
and in effect coping, the WHOLE post and multiple attached pics just to make a fucking one liner:lol:
...and there are MANY posters that routinely do this.
choose what you are referring to and remove the rest. save some bandwidth and more importantly my sanity!:rolleyes::rofl:

whynotme
07-13-2007, 06:11 PM
checking it out

whynotme
07-13-2007, 06:12 PM
if people would learn to properly use the quote function properly this wouldn't be that big an issue.
you could easily refer back to the post with the pic and see it. there's a little arrow in the quote box just to the right of the quoted poster's name...:eek:

even better if DT does spend the time; it would be wonderful if people would quit abusing it by quoting,
and in effect coping, the WHOLE post and multiple attached pics just to make a fucking one liner:lol:
...and there are MANY posters that routinely do this.
choose what you are referring to and remove the rest. save some bandwidth and more importantly my sanity!:rolleyes::rofl:

seniors moment how do you do that?

Don Tomas
07-13-2007, 06:14 PM

You tried this before and I know there were some complaints, but I still think this is a good idea.

I just want to clarify the history here:

The makers of the software had to do the change due to a security exploit, not because they wanted to.

When people complained last time I went through the code, asked questions on the website of the software maker and re-wrote the code so we were 99% protected from the exploit and pics would still appear in quotes. Of course I will not go into the exploit here since occassionally people get pissed off at others on here and I don't want the board compromised! But it's safe to say it is a 1 in a million chance that the exploit could happen now.

The issue this time is due to new features & security implementations the "fix" is not the same so don't think of it as a copy & paste job from the old code.

whynotme
07-13-2007, 06:21 PM
checking it out

well thanks to kevy i just learned something.
for those not in the know or computer challenged like me you can click on the arrow button beside the quoted persons name to refer back to the thread or post he is referring to.
i guess you are never too old to learn something new:rofl:

Apos
07-13-2007, 07:12 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
well thanks to kevy i just learned something.
for those not in the know or computer challenged like me you can click on the arrow button beside the quoted persons name to refer back to the thread or post he is referring to.
i guess you are never too old to learn something new:rofl:

whynotme
07-13-2007, 07:20 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i was on yahoo with him at the time so he gave me step by step bt step instructions in 101 computer skills AGAIN :rofl:

Beads
07-13-2007, 07:46 PM
DT if its ANY security risk dont do it. Its not worth compromising the security of the board. Also the poll pretty much shows people quoting/using someone elses photos isnt something the majority of users likes anyhow.

So what people cant quote and use someone elses photos at least the site will be more secure.

Just my 0.02

Apos
07-13-2007, 08:38 PM
too funny:p:rofl:
i was on yahoo with him at the time so he gave me step by step bt step instructions in 101 computer skills AGAIN :rofl:

whynotme
07-13-2007, 09:40 PM
seriously though i never new the little arrow button beside the quote persons name did anything??????
and even though i am computer illiterate i bet a lot of other guys don't know the many features that are available here either??
learn as ya go eh!!

Cheeno
07-13-2007, 10:32 PM
seriously though i never new the little arrow button beside the quote persons name did anything??????
and even though i am computer illiterate i bet a lot of other guys don't know the many features that are available here either??
learn as ya go eh!!

Do not worry Whynotme. :smile:

Back in 1996, I called my University help desk (computer lab).

Help Desk Center: "Is your computer a PC or Mac?"

Me: "Give me a sec,.............its a Gateway 2000."

Help Desk Center: :confused:.