PDA

View Full Version : My first and last visit to Santo Domingo

country roads
07-15-2007, 02:51 PM
In order to save money on airfare, I took a $350 flight into Santo Domingo from Dulles (that being the closest airport to West Virginia) with a final destination of Sosua.

This saved me about $200 off of the airfare into POP. My plan seemed like a good idea at the time, to save a little money and see some other parts of the DR, but in the end I essentially wasted 2 nights and 1 day, and much of the money that I saved was frittered away on expensive lodging, taxis, and casas.

I arrived in SDQ around 8 pm on July 3. It was an expensive ride ($35 US) from the airport to the Zona Colonial. No doubt I could have gotten it for less had I known the true price. I checked into my hotel, the Mercure, had a mediocre pizza with my very first Presidente, and went to La Base. The taxi fare from Mercure to La Base was 200 pesos.

La Base is a little like Hooters in the U.S.: many buxom waitresses in revealing attire. There was also a live band. I had heard that there were semi-professionals to be had, but, while I did see many beautiful women, both staff and customers, it was all business with the staff and all of the female customers were accompanied by men.

After that I caught a cab to the Hotel Jaragua. It was 300 pesos. I'm sure that is 150 too much. I walked to the rear of the hotel, and was immediately set upon by a vicious gang of ugly prostitutes who no doubt wanted to rape me. I disentangled myself, protecting my nuts with one hand and my money with the other, and hurried away. A tout then accosted me and wanted to take me to a casa. He took me to Lapsus, but it looked small, and I wasn't interested in going in with him since I didn't want to get charged extra. I told him no, maybe later. Then he said he would take me to Girls House. That is where I was interested in going, and I heard they had a flat 2,500 pesos fee, so I said ok.

Girls house has an iron gate that was still open (it was about 11:30) when I got there. I went inside and once again had several hookers latch onto me and try to drag me away, but they smelled nicer and looked better than the ones in the street. One spoke English, but I wanted to look around a little more so I asked for a line up.

They asked where I wanted to do it. I went over and sat on a couch and about a dozen girls came over. It was a little dark in the casa and their clothes definitely made them look much better than they ever would naked, plus they were very forward, pawing at me and pulling on me, so it was very difficult to choose. In my limited Spanish, I said that I liked a girl who kisses and allowed photos. They all started to make kissing sounds and pose for imaginary photos.

The price for everyone was 2,500 short time.

Finally, I settled on Rosy. I thought that she was the girl who had first accosted me when I came in, but I ran into that girl again while I was waiting for Rosy to get ready. Oh, well, maybe next time.

As soon as Rosy was ready we went outside for a cab. It was after 12:00 and they had closed the gate, but there were still people trying to choose a hooker through the gate. Good luck. It was hard enough to choose them inside. The tout who had led me to the casa was still waiting and wanted 1,000 pesos for his services. I told him to fuck off. He said a few hundred for his kids. I said fuck them to. Finally I handed him 50 pesos as we were driving off.

Rosy couldn't wait. We started to fondle and kiss in the cab. But the cab driver was an idiot and could not find my hotel. I had to give him directions. I guess I was doing pretty well to give directions in Spanish after midnight in a city I had never visited before. But, the Zona Colonial is really not that large and we soon arrived at Mercure. Incidentally, the Hard Rock Café is only a block or two from the Mercure, no doubt there are chicas who can be picked up there, maybe if I am ever stuck in Santo Domingo again I will give it a shot.

When it came time to disembark at my hotel, the cab driver asked for 25. So I gave him 50 pesos and asked for change. He got all pissed off and said it is $25 US. I told him to get fucked. Rosy took another hundred from my hand and gave it to him and we hopped out. The guy at the desk went to charge me for a guest (it is $6 US for a guest) but I reminded him that I had reserved a room for two and he said ok. Then it was off to the races.

Rosy was a great kisser, and we continued to kiss in the elevator, hall, etc. Foreplay was very long and very nice. However, when I had her roll over for a little doggy, it seemed she may not have washed too good, so I had her roll over again and we did it missionary. Afterwards, she was very photogenic, and allowed me several shots in the shower and on the bed. Then she got dressed, gave me her phone number, asked me to call her again, and I walked her to the lobby. For some reason there was someone else waiting for the elevator at 2 in the morning, but she continued to giggle and fuck around in the elevator.

The next day I had a mediocre breakfast buffet (free with the room) but with free refills on coffee which is all I really care about. Total damage for the Mercure was 150 pesos for a big water bottle from the minibar, 320 for dinner, and 2,660 for the room.

It was a 250 pesos taxi ride to Caribe Tours. The cab driver was very helpful, just about talked my ears off in the cab, walked with me to the window to get my ticket, and made sure I got on the right bus.

Santo Domingo was expensive and a waste of time compared to Sosua, so I don't think I'll fly into SDQ again if I can help it.

I'll follow up with a Sosua report later.

Hemp
07-15-2007, 03:11 PM
what a story!!! Santo Domingo is not a good place to start in DR for first time mongers there without spanish speaking abilities or a trusted guide.

hope it went uphill for you in Sosua...

Jimmydr
07-15-2007, 03:12 PM
what a story!!! Santo Domingo is not a good place to start in DR for first time mongers there without spanish speaking abilities or a trusted guide.

hope it went uphill for you in Sosua...

1997 I landed at 1am with two Spanish Speaking wingmen, one Dominican. It was a blast.

country roads
07-15-2007, 03:15 PM
1997 I landed at 1am with two Spanish Speaking wingmen, one Dominican. It was a blast.
Cool. Probably easier that way, but I like to live on the edge.

country roads
07-15-2007, 03:17 PM
...hope it went uphill for you in Sosua...
It sure did! Jimmy & gang took care of me there. Besides, with Passions its hard to go wrong.

Jimmydr
07-15-2007, 03:19 PM

But your trip report says "Last trip" and its far from my last trip to the Capital.

Hemp
07-15-2007, 03:19 PM

living on the edge + 3rd world + un-knowing outsider without the language = DISASTER

im pretty sure...the chick who got "kidnapped" in aruba liked living on the edge as well.

keep your wits and your intelligence while traveling playa!!!

start in Sosua and work your way around from there...baby steps

P. clisante strip is the monger training camp.

country roads
07-15-2007, 03:22 PM
But your trip report says "Last trip" and its far from my last trip to the Capital.
You're right, there's not telling what the future may hold, but this it the last time I fly into SDQ on my way to Sosua.

SJG
07-15-2007, 03:23 PM
im pretty sure...the chick who got "kidnapped" in aruba liked living on the edge as well.

New video in stores sooon:

"When sankies go bad!"

Jimmydr
07-15-2007, 03:25 PM
You're right, there's not telling what the future may hold, but this it the last time I fly into SDQ on my way to Sosua.

All my trips will begin with the Capital and end with Sosua. Its the only way to go for me now.

country roads
07-15-2007, 03:26 PM
living on the edge + 3rd world + un-knowing outsider without the language = DISASTER.
More than anything else, everything was too expensive.

Jimmydr
07-15-2007, 03:27 PM
More than anything else, everything was too expensive.

Its the capital where you can get University chicas for cheap prices if you know where to go.

country roads
07-15-2007, 03:27 PM
All my trips will begin with the Capital and end with Sosua. Its the only way to go for me now.
I guess if you know your way around it is not as expensive, but what is it there that keeps drawing you back?

country roads
07-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Its the capital where you can get University chicas for cheap prices if you know where to go.
I see!!! That is a good reason.

Jimmydr
07-15-2007, 03:28 PM
I guess if you know your way around it is not as expensive, but what is it there that keeps drawing you back?

3,000,000 people, great food and entertainment. Need I say more?:confused:

SJG
07-15-2007, 03:29 PM

Not me, I'm flying directly to POP unless I'm traveling with you and Maximus and get some chicas for the trip. It's not fun if you are traveling solo.

country roads
07-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Maybe I need to change my title to "Last visit to Santo Domingo until my Spanish is good enough to pick up university chicas".

Jimmydr
07-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Not me, I'm flying directly to POP unless I'm traveling with you and Maximus and get some chicas for the trip. It's not fun if you are traveling solo.

I agree, Cheeno looks bored out of his mind, Solo.:eek:

SJG
07-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I agree, Cheeno looks bored out of his mind, Solo.:eek:

Cheeno is the Korean Pimp Master of the South Coast!

I'm just saying I don't know the capital at all and I would probably have a similar experiuence to country roads unless I was winging with more expereinced guys like you and Max. I could probably get enough info from Cheeno's reports to keep from being ripped off, but it's always better to go to a new place for the first time with someone who has been there. And the long ride to Sosua can really suck unless you have some good amigos and chicas to share the ride.

I could solo monger Sosua in a heartbeat now, but that's only because you guys (and a bunch of others) showed me the ropes.

David Smash
07-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Good start with the report it is greatly appreciated. But if you have read past SDQ reports I am sure you would had a better time. Cheeno a member on this board has posted fantastic reports with painstaking detail to where everything is and what HE paid. If I not mistaken his Spanish isn't that great either.

My point is don't write off SDQ just yet. Hempstead is right though it probably would have been better if you started in Sosua. I can't wait for the Sosua report

Beads
07-15-2007, 03:45 PM
If you cannot speak any spanish you should expect to have a MUCH more difficult time especially in the non tourist areas where there might be nobody who speaks english.

country roads
07-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Good start with the report it is greatly appreciated. But if you have read past SDQ reports I am sure you would had a better time. Cheeno a member on this board has posted fantastic reports with painstaking detail to where everything is and what HE paid. If I not mistaken his Spanish isn't that great either.
I just read Cheeno's report. Yes, that information would have helped me 12 days ago. Damn! Even had phone numbers. But I was not a member 12 days ago.

Oh, well, live and learn.

Choirboy
07-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I have to say your choice of women got a lot better once you got to Sosua !!!

Hemp
07-15-2007, 07:42 PM
I just read Cheeno's report. Yes, that information would have helped me 12 days ago. Damn! Even had phone numbers. But I was not a member 12 days ago.

Oh, well, live and learn.

Research is a mongers best friend...research! research! and more research!!! guys have got to take the patience and research!!!! learn...unlearn and then RE-learn.

before i took my first trip to DR i researched for 6 months!!! and paid close attention to each post on ISOC.

year and a half later...no problems what so ever in DR thus far.

country roads
07-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I have to say your choice of women got a lot better once you got to Sosua !!!
This is the good thing about being at the bottom, you can only go up.

Cheeno
07-16-2007, 01:04 AM
country roads, thank you very much for your trip report. I enjoyed it!!! :biggrin:

I like the way you handled the cab drivers. :iconTU:

If you have any questions about Santo Domingo, please feel free and let me know.

prtyr2
07-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Just a few notes. You aint picking up chicas at the hard rock. The girls that go to hard rock have money and will most likely laugh if a non spanish speaking gringo tries to hit one em.

Taxi from mercure to caribe tours should be 130 pesos.

Lapsus is not that bad, can be good at times. Hit or miss mostly.

Taxi from airport can be $30 with a guy waiting for you with your name on the sign. He can take you on a mini tour on your way to your hotel. Stopping at Pacos near the airport etc. www.taxidominicano.com

country roads
07-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Just a few notes. You aint picking up chicas at the hard rock. The girls that go to hard rock have money and will most likely laugh if a non spanish speaking gringo tries to hit one em.
That's too bad... it is a great pick up spot in some other countries.

Taxi from mercure to caribe tours should be 130 pesos.

Lapsus is not that bad, can be good at times. Hit or miss mostly.

Taxi from airport can be $30 with a guy waiting for you with your name on the sign. He can take you on a mini tour on your way to your hotel. Stopping at Pacos near the airport etc. www.taxidominicano.com (http://www.taxidominicano.com)
Thanks for the info, I will keep it in mind if ever back in SD.

country roads
07-16-2007, 07:16 AM
country roads, thank you very much for your trip report. I enjoyed it!!! :biggrin:
Great! I also enjoyed your report. Had I read your report before going to SD I probably would have had much better luck.

I like the way you handled the cab drivers. :iconTU: I hate fucking cabbies, they're a scourge on the earth.

If you have any questions about Santo Domingo, please feel free and let me know. Next time I will. Thanks!