PDA

View Full Version : Aparta Hotel Drake

nomad
06-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Aparta Hotel Drake: Agustin Lara #29, Esq. Gustavo Mejia Ricart, en Naco. Phone#: 809-567-4427, fax#: 809-549-7249. Located 10 minutes from the Malecon Strip. Price: 750 pesos per day, 5,075 per week, 18,000 for 30 days! These prices were good as of 1/04. Cold air, queen sized bed, maid service, and satellite tv included. You can upgrade to a room with 2 twin size beds for free! Also, girl friendly, even though there's a small sign to the contrary by the front desk. I was there for about 6 weeks and was never questioned about the 30+ women that came by! There are 2 buildings; for more privacy request the one without the front desk check-in. There's a cheap well stocked deli next door to the hotel, a good italian restaurant named La Lasagna around the corner, just past Empare Dado, a 24 hr. sandwich shoppe with hot dog vendor out front. Across from that is a Chinese restaurant and a place called Euro Car rental. Don't know their prices. Ian's Bar& Rest. is right on the corner of Fantino Falco and Augustin Lara. It has good american music, cold air , good food and drinks. But it's a bit pricey for Santo Domingo. I did take quite a few 'hot' dates here 1st before inviting them up to my room at the Drake! All these places are less than 1 minute walking distance from the hotel!