PDA

View Full Version : Palace is not closing..............

JDR
11-08-2005, 03:45 PM
John will remain open until sold.

guttaman
11-08-2005, 03:54 PM
That may be a while JDR. I hope John decides to put some time and energy into the place.

Beads
11-08-2005, 06:03 PM
What condition is it currently in? Does everything work ( air conditioning, appliances,jacuzzi, tvs, pool). I definitely would like a status!

Bug Boy
11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
What condition is it currently in? Does everything work ( air conditioning, appliances,jacuzzi, tvs, pool). I definitely would like a status!

Yeah, an update would be nice. Is Sorinji still there? I need a BBBJ by her to be initiated into Sosua. 8O

Jthomas
11-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I gotta believe he is not going to be pouring money into the place and things will get bad quickly.

rley69
11-08-2005, 07:46 PM
I was there last week. John told me he had a number of people interested in buying but he had an alternative plan of breaking it up into smaller units for sale if nothing worked out.

I had no hot water and had to use the shower in another room which appears to be out of action (big hole in the wall where the A/C used to be). Whilst not the end of the world this was a bit of a pain because staff/their friends were using this room for sleeping in at times. Staff priority seemed to be re-painting the front of the building, presumably to make a good first impression for potential buyers.

Funny thing was when I apologised to one of the chicas because she had to take a cold shower she laughed out loud and said "don't worry about it, I'm Dominican!"

The bar was closed but apparently only temporarily. Pool and jacuzzi both appear to be functioning, but I've never acutally seen anyone in either over four stays. Soranji is still around but not many other chicas (but as John said to me, if you can't find women in Sosua where on earth can you?).

I did a bit of a straw pole among the Chicas I know and the Voramar came out strongly on top as the best alternative with the Europa second.

Overall I had as good a time in Sosua as ever.

Phoenix
11-08-2005, 07:48 PM
John will remain open until sold.

Great news!! I know a lot of people rag on the place but I always want to stay there while in Sosua.

Jthomas
11-08-2005, 07:52 PM
I think it is safe to say it just isn't what it use to be :(

DEPUTY DAWG
11-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brianod
11-08-2005, 08:06 PM
This is too bad

Does anyone know if John just lost interest or is there a problem with the Palace as a concept?

It seems to me that the concept should work, but then again, it wouldn't supprise me if there are just DR issues that I wouldn't anticipate

the_Jayman
11-08-2005, 08:14 PM
I gotta believe that john lost interest for a while . . . but then again, he hates me :?

rley69
11-08-2005, 08:15 PM
From what I could tell last week there is nothing wrong with the place that couldn't be sorted out quite easily with a bit of time and effort. I got the impression John had grown tired with having to be up at all hours of the day and night dealing with arguments and fights between guests and their chicas and now wants a break from it all. Who can blame him?

guttaman
11-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Jayman, you only wrote what many others were thinking. A year and a half ago it was a premier newbie spot. Like all hang outs. Things get old and people tend to find new places. I think just dealing with the house chicas and making the guest happy would be a major pain in the ass. Then toss in the cops, repairs, regular staff and a fist full of other headaches one would eventually drop 10 and punt. Look at Diego at the Europa. The mother fucker is there 24/7 and has to be an asshole to get things done. Remember most Dominicans and Hatians work slow when being supervised. When the boss is away they find shade.

Bug Boy
11-08-2005, 08:32 PM
perhaps you are a masochist or have a thnig for crunchy pillows :lol:

Dark Knight
11-13-2005, 07:47 PM
thanks for the input positive and negitive.the past year i have been focasing my energy on other projects and yes the hotel has suffered.thats why im living back on site to get it whipped back into shape.

eman
11-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Goog luck John

gdogg
11-14-2005, 02:30 AM
Thanks, John. The Palace is STILL the only place where I feel TOTALLY safe.
;)

Macky
11-14-2005, 06:19 AM
I hope you whip it back into shape soon John - going after new years :D