PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Airlines

Tomr929
08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Spirit is having a sale for $8 and up to Dominican Republic. Yes I said 8 dollars

ChicaSeeka
08-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Spirit is having a sale for $8 and up to Dominican Republic. Yes I said 8 dollars

yes but very limited departure cities

Kevy
08-15-2007, 09:54 AM
it is normally Ft Lauderdale to Santo Domingo and there are only a few tickets at the sale price.

ChicaSeeka
08-15-2007, 10:10 AM
it is normally Ft Lauderdale to Santo Domingo and there are only a few tickets at the sale price.

yup checked into it this morning early fll-sdq only at that price

Jimmydr
08-15-2007, 10:18 AM

Plus $140 in taxes.

elsucio
08-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Plus $140 in taxes.

And like 1 seat on each airline at that rate, no shit. try to book one.

KoKi9290
08-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Local S. Fla. papers have been full of articles about the long lines, extra charges and overall fuck up flights that Spirit has been operating out of FLL. Lines out the door of the terminal in the summer heat with your bags waiting for check-in and security, they charge per checked bag as an extra fee, delayed filghts and as stated above few seats available at discount.

Bug Boy
08-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Local S. Fla. papers have been full of articles about the long lines, extra charges and overall fuck up flights that Spirit has been operating out of FLL. Lines out the door of the terminal in the summer heat with your bags waiting for check-in and security, they charge per checked bag as an extra fee, delayed filghts and as stated above few seats available at discount.

You sure that wasn't American Airlines?

KoKi9290
08-15-2007, 06:25 PM
I always fly AA and have only had one delay in my six or seven trips down there. last time we were 90 minutes late because of the originator out of NY.

init4ass
08-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Fucking AA made me 6 hours late the last time I was out there.

elsucio
08-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Flown Spirit a few times when going to SDQ, usually get a cheap rate out of DC, but it is a pain in the ass no frills airline, at one time once you landed at Ft Lauderdale you actually had to walk out airport and down to next terminal and go through security again, that might have changed(it's been 2 years).

elsucio
08-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Additionally both Spirit and US Airways are doing Carribean locations out of Ft Lauderdale and i have never seen such a fucked up, overwhelmed Customs and Immigration Station when coming back, they are not set up for the volume of traffic

psriches
08-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Spirit is having a sale for $8 and up to Dominican Republic. Yes I said 8 dollarsEvery week they have this sale!! Good luck trying to fly to DR for $8.... Spirit is a joke!!

Bug Boy
08-15-2007, 09:38 PM
I always fly AA and have only had one delay in my six or seven trips down there. last time we were 90 minutes late because of the originator out of NY.

I have never flown to DR via AA but coming back from Vancouver in July it took me 2 days to finally get back home after 2 missed connections and my luggage followed me 5 days later. Unfortunately because of where I'm at my choices are limited. My flight to POP in January is on AA. I just hope I at least get there in time for my return flight.

ChicaSeeka
08-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Me theory is
"if it's too good to be true, it is usually is false"

" And You get what you pay for"

My trip to the DR, is one of pleasure, Long delays, long lines and overbooked flights would definatly put me in a pissy mood...

Apos
08-15-2007, 10:22 PM
i haven't flown on AA since about 1980!

that flight was from LAX to YYZ and the plane was delayed a few hours because while we were taxiing to the runway "someone" "noticed that one, of the two, engines looked like it was falling off!":eek:

i currently have flights "on hold" with AA...but continental is looking pretty good right now :D

El Capitan
08-23-2007, 03:55 PM
I only fly SPIRIT out of FLL, never had an issue.

As a matter of fact, last time I was LATE..... they moved me up in line for check-in and after I got thru security, made sure I was the last one thru the cabin door.

Changed my flight for this next trip the other day and SAVED MONEY ($35) on the airfare. They hit me with a flight coupon for the difference.

My tickets average $200-$235 WITH $120 in taxes. I had the $8 each way flight staring me in the face the other day but couldn't justify the trip! (Ticket was $136 TOTAL)

It's always EZ for me, leave FLL on the 10:55 (Two in-flight run n cokes = $10 on my AMEX) and I get my first sip of Brugal by 1:45 at the kiosk in SDQ.

The $9 Club is the bomb...