PDA

View Full Version : BIRTH CERTIFICATE-NO MAS!!!

psriches
11-14-2005, 08:00 PM
As of Jan. 1st 2006, you will no longer be able to travel to DR and return into the US without a passport. Some airlines such as American have set their deadline for Dec. 1st, 2005.

So for those of you that travel to DR with an alternate birth certificate in order to hide it from the wife, think of another plan!! ;)

Don Tomas
11-14-2005, 08:46 PM
The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 requires that by January 1, 2008, travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada have a passport or other secure, accepted document to enter or re-enter the United States.

December 31, 2006 – Requirement applied to all air and sea travel to or from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.
December 31, 2007 – Requirement extended to all land border crossings as well as air and sea travel.
In April 2005, the Departments of State (State) and Homeland Security (DHS) announced a proposed plan to be implemented in three phases beginning on December 31, 2005 for the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. After further review and considering the delay in publishing the public notice in the Federal Register, State and DHS recognized that implementing the December 31, 2005, phase would be problematic for travelers. This new timeline will simplify the implementation and provide a longer lead-time for travelers to come into compliance with the requirements.

My opinion: Since the new "bump" still hasn't been approved & knowing our congress with lobbyists I wouldn't expect this to be effective until 2009/2010!

Apos
11-14-2005, 08:46 PM
that's not good news!

where did you hear this?

i was just asking about this a few days ago 8O

WSJ3
11-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Not a problem for divorced mongers like me...but psriches will no longer be able to put all the MALO on me...

LOL...

Apos
11-14-2005, 08:48 PM
thanks DT, we posted about the same time.

that's what i'd read but others have said what psriches is saying. i'm really curious about the source :?

Don Tomas
11-14-2005, 08:52 PM
As you see the original plan for the first phase to be implemented by December 31, 2005 but as you see they delayed the phases by a year in April 2005 and they still haven't approved that schedule!

My source? US Department of State: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2626.html

WSJ3
11-14-2005, 08:52 PM

that's what i'd read but others have said what psriches is saying. i'm really curious about the source :?

I believe I noticed a sign at JFK if I am not mistaken...

But I really am in a hurry when I am back in NY...

I will confirm on my next trip for you Aman...

Apos
11-14-2005, 08:57 PM
As you see the original plan for the first phase to be implemented by December 31, 2005 but as you see they delayed the phases by a year in April 2005 and they still haven't approved that schedule!

My source? US Department of State: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2626.html

thanks agai DT...your source i recognized having read it but i'm curious where the others are getting their intel

Apos
11-14-2005, 09:00 PM

I believe I noticed a sign at JFK if I am not mistaken...

But I really am in a hurry when I am back in NY...

I will confirm on my next trip for you Aman...

thanks wsj3, i guess i'll just bite the bullet and renew my passport to be safe

WSJ3
11-14-2005, 09:31 PM
You are not alone...my passport expires in 2 months so I have to get the paperwork so that I can renew mine...

Hey DT whats the best site to download passport renewal data?

Don Tomas
11-14-2005, 09:35 PM
http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/renew/renew_833.html :D

the_Jayman
11-14-2005, 09:44 PM
I knew it wouldn't take long for that post DT ! !

The Minister of Information ! !

Tonto4
11-14-2005, 09:46 PM
A U.S. Post Office will have the form too.

WSJ3
11-14-2005, 09:59 PM
http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/renew/renew_833.html :D

Thanks DT...

JDR
11-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Everyone should have a passport or two for travel. :D

Pana
11-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Most Americans dont have passports.

JDR
11-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Most Americans dont have passports.

Most Americans don't leave their state. We are not most Americans here.

vdubman30
11-15-2005, 11:47 AM
shit that reminds me my passport expires in 10 months from now.. i like that you just can do it online than just having to go a county clerk or post office..

Jimmydr
11-15-2005, 11:48 AM
shit that reminds me my passport expires in 10 months from now.. i like that you just can do it online than just having to go a county clerk or post office..

Really, whats the link?

vdubman30
11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
DT put it up.. thanks DT..

Memphis
11-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Most Americans dont have passports?

Whats the basis of that statement?

You can get one for 40.00....

I know a lot of people that have them

vdubman30
11-15-2005, 12:36 PM
$40?? i paided $50 for mind 10 years ago now its up to $75 at my local county clerks office..

Memphis
11-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Got mine in 1998, it was 40.00 back then

Tonto4
11-15-2005, 05:24 PM
I think I paid 90 for my kids 1st PP last summer

the_Jayman
11-15-2005, 05:54 PM
I think I paid 90 for my kids 1st PP last summerSounds about right. I got 2 in February and it was close to 2 bills.

USA . . . land of the fee

JDR
11-15-2005, 06:31 PM
We don't need no badges!

psriches
11-15-2005, 06:56 PM

thanks agai DT...your source i recognized having read it but i'm curious where the others are getting their intelWell my source about the Jan. 1st 2006 deadline was the homeland security agent who reminded me after seeing all the stamps on the back of my birth certificate. My source about the american airline Dec. 1st 2005 deadline was the AA security supervisor who questioned me about a small tear on my birth certificate. They actually said they wouldn't accept it at first until i bitched! Finally, they taped it up and gave me that deadline.

JDR
11-15-2005, 06:59 PM

thanks agai DT...your source i recognized having read it but i'm curious where the others are getting their intelWell my source about the Jan. 1st 2006 deadline was the homeland security agent who reminded me after seeing all the stamps on the back of my birth certificate. My source about the american airline Dec. 1st 2005 deadline was the AA security supervisor who questioned me about a small tear on my birth certificate. They actually said they wouldn't accept it at first until i bitched! Finally, they taped it up and gave me that deadline.

They can't stop you from entering the country if you are American.

psriches
11-15-2005, 07:02 PM

They can't stop you from entering the country if you are American.true but who needs the hassle?

JDR
11-15-2005, 07:04 PM

They can't stop you from entering the country if you are American.true but who needs the hassle?

My passport is full. The dominicans stamp over it for me. I won't pay for pages.

the_Jayman
11-15-2005, 07:16 PM
I won't pay for pages.

you cheep bastard ! ! (j/k) :D

JDR
11-15-2005, 07:18 PM
I won't pay for pages.

Hey, in 5 days I will be getting HEAD!

Phoenix
11-15-2005, 07:20 PM
I won't pay for pages.

Three more days for me!

the_Jayman
11-15-2005, 07:21 PM

FUCK YOU . . . SEE YA A WEEK FROM FRIDAY ! !

Phoenix
11-15-2005, 07:27 PM

FUCK YOU . . . SEE YA A WEEK FROM FRIDAY ! !

Shit I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to go to Frank's THIS FRIDAY, IN THREE DAYS or just check out ho's in Sosua to aclimate

the_Jayman
11-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Shit I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to go to Frank's THIS FRIDAY, IN THREE DAYS or just check out ho's in Sosua to aclimate

FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, and aaaaahhhhh oh yeah . . . FUCK YOU ! !

Phoenix
11-15-2005, 07:31 PM

FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, and aaaaahhhhh oh yeah . . . FUCK YOU ! !

:rofl: LMFAO

the_Jayman
11-15-2005, 07:34 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dick Dawson
11-15-2005, 07:35 PM

Calm down or I'm coming over and taking the Captain away :D

Phoenix
11-15-2005, 07:36 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I hope your time flies bro! See ya soon!!!!

JDR
11-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Which ho will blow Jimmy Saturday while he calls the jayman!

the_Jayman
11-15-2005, 07:38 PM

noooooooooooooooooooooo ! ! 8O

the_Jayman
11-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Which ho will blow Jimmy Saturday while he calls the jayman!

YA KNOW ! ! you prick . . . (got the message today BTW ya bastard ! !)

FUCK YOU ! !

El Drunko
11-15-2005, 09:30 PM

noooooooooooooooooooooo ! ! 8O

Don`t sweat it, I have plenty..."Have Bottle, Will Travel"

Don Tomas
11-16-2005, 12:52 AM

According to the US State Dept. only 20% of Americans have a passport.

By comparison:
41% Canadians
70%-90% in Europe

So the statement is not only correct but as you see we rank very low.

Hell I would bet more Dominicans by percentage have passports (not visas) then Americans!

Correction: I would have won the bet, I just found an article that says there are 2 million Dominicans living worldwide outside of the DR, of that amount 1.1 million are in the US. With a population of a little less then 9 million that is 22%, not including the Dominicans with passports and no visa, I know a lot of them, I guess they get the passport dreaming.

Don Tomas
11-16-2005, 12:55 AM
My passport is full. The dominicans stamp over it for me. I won't pay for pages.

Jimmy,

It's free if you have a long lag between trips.

There is no charge for routine mail service, which is receipt of your passport with added pages within 6 weeks from the date you mail it. For Expedited Service via mail, there is a $60 fee per application, plus two-way overnight delivery for receipt within 2 weeks. For Expedited Service at a Regional Passport Agency, there is a $60.00 fee per application.

You may also request a larger, 48-page passport at no additional cost when you renew.

Don Tomas
11-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Well my source about the Jan. 1st 2006 deadline was the homeland security agent who reminded me after seeing all the stamps on the back of my birth certificate. My source about the american airline Dec. 1st 2005 deadline was the AA security supervisor who questioned me about a small tear on my birth certificate. They actually said they wouldn't accept it at first until i bitched! Finally, they taped it up and gave me that deadline.

I do not deny you at all PS but I just checked AA's web site and they have the correct info. Clearly your ticket agent and security checker haven't been reading their memos.

Effective December 31, 2006 All nationals of the U.S., Canada and Bermuda will be required to hold a passport to enter the United States if coming from Caribbean, Bermuda, Central and South America by air and by sea.

http://www.aa.com/content/travelInformation/internationalTravel/passportInformation.jhtml

Pana
11-16-2005, 01:28 AM

By comparison:
41% Canadians
70%-90% in Europe

So the statement is not only correct but as you see we rank very low. Hell I would bet more Dominicans by percentage have passports (not visas) then Americans!
I was the one that made that statement "Most Americans dont have passports", and I was right thanks for pulling up the info DT. I have had a passport since I was born. Most Americans dont travel over seas, it's immigrants that come to US who do the most traveling out side of the country visiting famlily and friends. Almost every family member that I have here in the US that was born in Panama and are US citizens travel back and forth there just like Dominicans from here go back to the DR.

Tonto4
11-16-2005, 06:08 AM

By comparison:
41% Canadians
70%-90% in Europe

So the statement is not only correct but as you see we rank very low. Hell I would bet more Dominicans by percentage have passports (not visas) then Americans!
I was the one that made that statement "Most Americans dont have passports", and I was right thanks for pulling up the info DT. I have had a passport since I was born. Most Americans dont travel over seas, it's immigrants that come to US who do the most traveling out side of the country visiting famlily and friends. Almost every family member that I have here in the US that was born in Panama and are US citizens travel back and forth there just like Dominicans from here go back to the DR.

Thanks Pana. I never understood my fellow Americans lack of interest in travel and participating in what other cultures have to offer. Thats where the party is at!