PDA

View Full Version : November Trip Report (November 20, 2005)

rley69
11-20-2005, 08:58 PM
I've kept this report pretty brief as there are a lot of posts about Sosua. I've posted a seperate report on the time I also spent at Blackbeards in the Puerto Plata section as there isn't generally so much written about BBs.

Spent my three nights at the Palace, which is now up for sale and although by no means a bad place to stay, it didn't quite have the same sparkle as in the past.

Thumbs up for the new Club X which was pretty busy most nights and played a good variety of music (bachata, merengue, reggaeton, rap, etc.) and the bar part of Allegri, a fairly new place opposite the Europa (although not the strip club part upstairs which was a pretty tame afair).

Thumbs down also for the new "VIP" disco and club on Rosen (especially the club part which had a few very limp dancing chicas, and also low level black tables which it is almost impossible to see in the dim light - if you do go there try not to make an arse of yourself falling over them on the way out like I did!). They have guys lurking outside the bars on Clisante trying to drag you into the VIP which gives you a pretty good idea how desperate they are to get customers. I did meet one hot girl there and the first thing she said to me (after Presidente por favor that is) was "let's go to Classico". Classico still seems the main place in town by a mile.

I don't keep score of what I'm paying individual girls but I don't think I paid any of the four girls I saw in Sosua as much as the 1300 short time/2500 long time set price at BBs which I tend to regard as an upper limit. As often before the whole trip came in under budget, I spent about £1,100/$1900 in total including transatlantic flight and hotels. In total I got through eight girls in seven days. To put this in perspective a mate of mine has just spent over £1,000/$1700 on just a ticket to go see a "real girlfriend" in Barbados next month, which seems to prove the old adage about free pussy being the most expensive there is.

Foonote. Inspired by seeing my (non-monger) photos of the DR, my flatmate, a young woman from Eatern Europe, is currently taking a weeks holiday in Cabarete - looking to get through as many men as possible! So what's good for the goose. . .

Apos
11-20-2005, 09:03 PM
thanks again for the reports. good to have a different perspective in things :)