PDA

View Full Version : 08/2007 - news article re; blackbeards

bachag
08-22-2007, 02:05 AM
this news article appeared yesterday in dominicantoday.com.
http://dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=25160. not sure if this is good or bad publicity.

blacksultan
08-22-2007, 02:15 AM
http://dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=25160. not sure if this is good or bad publicity.`

I am not sure that it really makes a difference.

MrHappy
08-22-2007, 07:36 AM
What a coincidence! There was also a write up on Clave Digital for the same reason.

Inconego
08-22-2007, 07:42 AM
http://dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=25160. not sure if this is good or bad publicity.

maybe it'll bring out more attractive, educated chics... cause at least we'll know they'll be able to read....

greydread
08-22-2007, 10:08 AM
The reader replies were rather humorous and one even mentioned Mr. Happy's point that these articles appeared simultaneously iin another online news forum. What can you say? You just can't make everybody happy all the time. If it was an undercover attempt to advertise, I think it'll do more harm than good.

Dick Dawson
08-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Makes you wonder if business hasn't been so great there lately is the reason that these "articles" are now popping up.

Cuba Libre
08-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Makes you wonder if business hasn't been so great there lately is the reason that these "articles" are now popping up.Unless I reserve a month or two in advance, it seems everytime I try to make a reservation they are full.

the_Jayman
08-22-2007, 05:51 PM
FUCK BlackBeards ! ! !

MrHappy
08-22-2007, 05:59 PM
I can say one thing for sure, whenever something about P4P is published in a public venue such as a local newspaper, nothing good can come from it, no matter what country it's in.

In the DR, Anything that deals with the commercialization of P4P is best treated with as much discretion as possible.

While Dominican authorities have historically treated P4P with a "smile and look the other way" mentality, they may feel the need to take action when it's shoved in their faces.

I'd bet my last Presidente that Blackbeards had nothing to do with these articles being posted. They simply do not need this type of publicity, nor the notariety that comes with it.

Beads
08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Its hard to tell what the outcome will be really. I mean it was publicized in dominican based newspapers so the viewing audience if quite aware of the place and what goes on there. If it was on cnn or in a newspaper in the US id say it could bring in extra clients but here who knows.

One thing though it will rub in the face of politicians that people are aware of the place and its no secret. If someone high up gets upset it could cost them pesos or even force them to close. If they are or arent promoting prostitution is like anything else that happens in the DR court system....

up for interpretation any way they see fit!

manoloostia
08-30-2007, 06:39 AM
i agree dont think it makes a difference at all..

Beads
08-30-2007, 09:43 AM
looks like it made a difference to BlackBeards current website.

Cuba Libre
08-30-2007, 09:51 AM
looks like it made a difference to BlackBeards current website.You think the remodeling of the website has something to do with the article?

Beads
08-30-2007, 10:28 AM
You think the remodeling of the website has something to do with the article?

It most definitely does. If you have visited the website before you would see some sections which were removed were directly related to procuring chicas at the resort.

El Tiburon
08-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Its hard to tell what the outcome will be really. I mean it was publicized in dominican based newspapers so the viewing audience if quite aware of the place and what goes on there. If it was on cnn or in a newspaper in the US id say it could bring in extra clients but here who knows.

One thing though it will rub in the face of politicians that people are aware of the place and its no secret. If someone high up gets upset it could cost them pesos or even force them to close. If they are or arent promoting prostitution is like anything else that happens in the DR court system....

up for interpretation any way they see fit!

when i first started goin down to d.r i inquired about how blackbeards is allowed to stay open? i understand that the dominicans use them as a political re-election tool, etc. either a police cap or fiscal needs votes he goes and bust the two owners and it shows " see im cracking down' usually just a day or less in jail and back to biz... its gotten so common that i understand the two owners can tell you when they are getting arrested... almost once a yr now....but as everything else, money talks.. i think the upgrade on the website might have something to do with passion's.. maybe just tryin to keep up....my thought...my opinion the corruption is so bad! now, maybe not in other parts of the country but surly in sosua and boca chica its like the inmates have taken over the prision.. either your with them,payoffs, or they force you out.....

Cuba Libre
08-30-2007, 10:43 AM
It most definitely does. If you have visited the website before you would see some sections which were removed were directly related to procuring chicas at the resort.But they also removed sections that were not related to procuring chicas (pictures of the rooms, the bars, etc.).

HAMMERHEAD
08-30-2007, 11:09 AM
I HOPE THEY ARE NOT ON THERE WAY OUT OF BIZ......

nybm9x5
08-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Thy were blocked by Justice Ministry because of the article referenced earlier!

If you pull up the above article on Dominican Today ... you will see "Justice Ministry blocks part of Dominican hotel’s Web site."

I pays NOT to advertise!!!

Cuba Libre
08-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Thy were blocked by Justice Ministry because of the article referenced earlier!

If you pull up the above article on Dominican Today ... you will see "Justice Ministry blocks part of Dominican hotel’s Web site."

I pays NOT to advertise!!!Thanks for the info.

Here's (http://dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=25263) the link for those, like myself, that are navigationally challenged.

3somefan
09-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Anybody have some recent intel on BB's? I may try to book within the week, but am wondering if things are stilling running the way they usually do??

MyTio
09-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I was considering going back to Blackbeard's or trying the mustang ranch No valid trip report on the ranch and unsure if Blackbeard's is staying opine after that article. I was really looking forward to a BJ in a hot tub.

3somefan
09-03-2007, 06:56 PM
I was considering going back to Blackbeard's or trying the mustang ranch No valid trip report on the ranch and unsure if Blackbeard's is staying opine after that article. I was really looking forward to a BJ in a hot tub.

I hear ya!! I just went to the site for BB's and they say that they are still open. The thing I am worrying about is if I book a room now for the end of November, will it still be open then or will it be restricted?? It won't cost me any money to book with them and then have it closed, but it may cost me from being able to book somewhere else nice with little notice.

MyTio
09-03-2007, 07:05 PM
3somefan thats my worry also would hate to end up in the Europa or another dump I usaly do 3 days BB and the rest in Sosua.

3somefan
09-03-2007, 07:12 PM
I wanted to stay in POP this trip, but I may check out the New Garden or Rockey's condo. I've heard good things about both places here and elsewhere.

3somefan
09-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Ok guys, here is a reply I got from BlackBeards today from a email I sent them. It would seem from their response that there are no issues going on there at all !?!

My question:

Also I have a few questions for you. I have noticed that the DR Government has regulated your website right now (or so I have read on different Internet boards,) will this situation cause any problems for me when I come on these dates?

Their Response:

WE HAVE SEEN THE SAME POSTINGS ON THE INTERNET. WE HAVE NOT BEEN CENSORED BY THE GOVERNMENET. IN FACT, WE HAVE AN EXTREMELY GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM. DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU READ. THE WEBSITE IS DOWN FOR AN UPGRADE AND WILL BE BACK ON LINE SHORTLY

Regards,

David McBride

General Manager

www.blackbeardsadultresort.com

809-970-3268

Beads
09-05-2007, 06:30 PM
yea ok down for an upgrade! I have visited their webpage NUMEROUS times and dont see ANY reason for them to close off a section for upgrades.

Its entirely a basic html page with some embedded pictures. There would be ABSOLUTELY no reason to close off any sections until some new webpage is ready.

Definitely a lie. If its because of the DR government? who knows 100% sure but what they said about the upgrade is a lie for sure.

the_Jayman
09-05-2007, 07:04 PM
way to go Black Beards ! ! !

Honesty is the . . .

I mean . . .

Our policy is too . . . hum-in-na-hum-na

AND WE DON'T PAD OUR GUESTS BILLS EITHER ! ! !

3somefan
09-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks Jayman and Beads!

I'm still unsure. They are still having a bikini contest though the weekend I may go, so I'd like to see that as I have never been present for one. I think I may reserve a room, and then assess the situation until a few weeks out, where I can still cancel on good terms. I'm checking out a few other places too.

the_Jayman
09-05-2007, 07:23 PM
FUCK BLACK BEARDS ! ! !

3somefan
09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
FUCK BLACK BEARDS ! ! !

You're kidding right??

I thought you loved the place??

3somefan
09-05-2007, 07:31 PM
If I go, it will be only for four nights, so I would rather just stay where the pussy is. Don't have alot of time to go hunting.

the_Jayman
09-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Don't have alot of time to go hunting.

Hunting ? ? ? ?

Common man . . . . you're fuckin killin me ! ! !

HUNTING ? ? ? (BB's does NOT accept IOU's ! ! !)

Jimmydr
09-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Hunting ? ? ? ?

The IOU Man is making so many plans.:icontd:

3somefan
09-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Hunting ? ? ? ?

LOL!!

This time I am bring CASH with a debit card and credit card back-up!

I was thinking about Marco's condo, but I'm not staying for a week. May still do it though and then head over to BB's for the bikini contest.

PS. I just read your post about BlackBeards in another thread, so I understand why you feel the way you do. You are a good guy and I trust ya, so maybe I will stay clear of BBs.

3somefan
09-05-2007, 07:47 PM
The IOU Man is making so many plans.:icontd:

OH OH!! It's rip on 3somefan Day!!
Good thing I gotta take off for work now!

the_Jayman
09-05-2007, 07:48 PM
OH OH!! It's rip on 3somefan Day!!
Good thing I gotta take off for work now!

We're just drinkin ! ! !

Beads
09-05-2007, 08:40 PM
3some try the new garden its pretty point and click. pay your room bill when you walk in and lock your shit up in the safe and give the safe key to the security guard at night and you should be ok.(I think ).

you can walk to classicos, latinos, LaPassion, and the shark bar or to the beach during the day. Everything is VERY close.

just budget your money and don't take any more out of your safe then you plan on spending for the day and keep it locked up otherwise and should be ok. (I hope).

ilikenyacional
09-05-2007, 11:15 PM
3some try the new garden its pretty point and click. pay your room bill when you walk in and lock your shit up in the safe and give the safe key to the security guard at night and you should be ok.(I think ).

Huh ? Really ?

blacksultan
09-06-2007, 05:03 PM
LOL!!

This time I am bring CASH with a debit card and credit card back-up!

I was thinking about Marco's condo, but I'm not staying for a week. May still do it though and then head over to BB's for the bikini contest.

PS. I just read your post about BlackBeards in another thread, so I understand why you feel the way you do. You are a good guy and I trust ya, so maybe I will stay clear of BBs.

I heard that the bikini contests are no more.

3somefan
09-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I heard that the bikini contest are no more.

Nope! Here is my question to David about that in a the same email response he sent me:

I ASKED

Secondly, will there be a bikini contest on this weekend?

HE ANSWERED

YES

Regards,

David McBride

General Manager

www.blackbeardsadultresort.com

809-970-3268

jensenspecial
09-06-2007, 06:04 PM
selling sex on the internet is the worst you can do in DR...low low profile..shhhhhhht...

Dark Knight
09-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Something doesn't quite seem to be going together. I just got the latest news letter. First, their newsletters always include a closeup of one of, at least one, of the girls. There were none. Only far away pictures of a group of people that might be girls, that might have on bikini's, or they could be overcoats.

Apparently, they didn't have the Bikini contest last weekend, they say:

OOPS SORRY . . .
For the first time in over 4 years, there was no month end Bikini Contest. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we were not able to stage this popular event. However, El Capitan (as always) took matters under control and made sure that we did everything necessary to placate our guests. Therefore, he staged what is also becoming a world famous event.
Our ever popular Lingerie Show.
With cold beer, new air conditioner, great music and a bevy of bouncing beauties, the Crow's Nest Bar was filled to capacity and we doubt that anybody even missed the contest. It just left more time in the afternoon for a friendly game of water volleyball and Presidente drinking with the chicas.

How cryptic? They have lost control of their business. This doesn't sound good.

And, about the website, they say:

PARDON OUR WEB DUST . . .
For those of you who have visited our website lately, you will notice that the only thing available at this time is the reservation page. Don't worry! You won't be deprived for long. The website is currently undergoing changes to make it better, more informative and more user friendly. The website has always been good and now we're making it even better. Hang in there.

Again, they seem somewhat cryptic in explaning the purpose and procedure. It has already been noted that there is no reason to shut down the entire site for days, just to make changes. If that were the case, no business' website would ever be reliable enough to use for commerce, since they have to make changes to content and layout all of the time. It would appear that they're just plain not telling the truth about that.

They said that they will have a Bikini contest this weekend for sure. We'll just have to wait and see if they actually do. If they don't, we know that we can't believe a single word that they say.

Nope! Here is my question to David about that in a the same email response he sent me:

I ASKED

Secondly, will there be a bikini contest on this weekend?

HE ANSWERED

YES

Regards,

David McBride

General Manager

www.blackbeardsadultresort.com (http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com)

809-970-3268