PDA

View Full Version : Don't miss Equipo bar when driving from Sosua to Cabarete

singletravel
04-08-2004, 07:51 PM
On the way to Cabarete and just to your left (big yellow and blue building). Sometimes it is really hit and miss, but a few month ago was all HITS

I borrowed some photos from Tsm (don't think they will mind, they enjoy sharing info)

Okay, Equipo bar and some photos (tasteful, of course)

Equipo bar (yellow building on your left before Cabarette, Dominicans call it "El Typico") seems to be under new management. We checked it out and were in awe -- 35 girls and at least 10 "7's" (great for the DR). This open air bar was smoking. In fact I'd have to call it the best pick-up bar now in the DR and rate it one of the top ten in Latino country now. Unlike LDV, the girls chatted you up (never asked asked for drinks), flirted, grabbed you to the dance floor (little old me doing that butt-fuck dance step on the stage) and only hinted about the back room. Some gave private dances and others flashed their tits to entice you. Amazing place for fun and many guys returned every night.

Getting hot at Equipo

Now, the girls come from all over the Dominican Republic. The trick is to find a newbie (and their were many) who had only been there less than a week (they are easy to spot, sitting alone with a blank look on their face saying, "what the hell I'm I'm doing here"). The girls live three to a room in the back and are usually from small campos (little villages). All are under 25, have some kids and just need a way to make some $$$$$. They work a week, go home and return the following week. A great turn-around. In fact I did spot some real girlfriend material here. Three of the guys took girls home (a cheap 250 salida fee which entitles you to use their room for an hour or take out) and then it is 1500 LT or 1000 ST (of course they start at more, but this is the basic bottom price).

Now, Joane told me (girl I returned for, more later) told me that she is to shy to be aggressive and only had one client the whole week (and she was a doll). So, you get an idea of your bargaining power. Some friends went back on a Sat night and told me it was almost an orgy on the dance floor and again new girls. What I like here is a nice mix of foreigners and Dominicans and all get along. Maybe the main difference is the Dominican men are here to drink, dance, and grop while we are here to drink and score (it's a $$$$ thing). A few times while I'm chatting a girl a Dominican will come and ask permission for her to dance (they always come back to you, you got the dollars :-)). A great environment and some real hot dancing!!

http://www.tsmtravel.com/free/3.jpg

I didn't take a girl that night, but as I learned in life all girls have a cell phone. I gathered a few numbers and the next day called the one I liked best -- Joanne (at night they are in a working mood -- how much, how long etc.). During the day they just hang around (yes, you can walk around and chat the girls on the porch) waiting for the evening. Joane told me to meet her at the gas station (if seen with a gringo she must pay a salida again) and spent the afternnon with me. Again, two kids, 23 and a husband who left her for greener pastures. She had no idea how to ask for money and was even embarrassed to take her clothes off (yup, a real country girl). I made a print out of her photo and she was thrilled . Taking her back all she wanted was to know when I would return for her.

Joane, now wouldn't you to go back for this :-)

http://www.tsmtravel.com/free/2.jpg

Girls not afraid to show your assets :-)

http://www.tsmtravel.com/free/1.jpg

Bottom line, spend half as much as if I would have taken her out at night and and a pleasant afternoon for both of us. As in LDV, get them out of the club and they turn into real people.

I don't how long this will last, but Equpo is now a real hot item in the DR and shouldn't be missed for the real monger. Yes, you might need a car but you never know.

Jimmydr
04-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Nice report :D :) :o :lol:

Shadow Dweller
04-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Great Report! I'm going to have to check this place out.

Jimmydr
04-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Great Report! I'm going to have to check this place out.

I will go with you when I get there. :D