PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Monger Opinion Wanted

mack10
07-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Coming for first time. Where would you suggest I stay...the Europa or Blue Dolphin. Palace sold out. Experience always matters.

Macky
07-02-2004, 01:45 AM
mwp--
Europa is good. BD would be interesting to try out but how much are they charging? If its more than the Europa I wouldn't pay it. Not a lot of girls around at BD when I was hanging there for some beers late at night.

BrooklynBeas
07-02-2004, 07:47 AM
Last time I stayed at blue dolphin they charged me $140 a night for the whole house ... 4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms pool table room... living room .. a/c in all the bedrooms which is $35 a night if you have 4 guys ... some rooms are better then others though ... i had the suite because it was my birthday and it is very very nice.... if you rent one of the rooms im sure it depends which room you want... smaller ones are probably in the 30-35 range and the suite i think is about 55 but not sure... try Europa im sure it will be fine and i think its about $30 a night give or take 3 bucks

the_Jayman
07-02-2004, 10:02 AM
1st choice = Palace
2nd choice = Europa
3rd choice = Blue Dolphin

Although I have heard good things about One Ocean Place but have yet to check it out.

just my opinion.

BrooklynBeas
07-02-2004, 10:42 AM
I have had a bad experience at One Ocean but i honestly think that was just a bad luck and bad timing because Judy wasnt around that weekend ... if she was im sure i would rate One Ocean just as high as Palace... the fuckin grounds are really beautiful...

mack10
07-02-2004, 07:21 PM
rates quoted are $105 for BD and $110 for Europa

Don Tomas
07-02-2004, 07:25 PM
rates quoted are $105 for BD and $110 for Europa

For how long? I do hope you are not talking per night!!!

the_Jayman
07-02-2004, 08:12 PM
no friggin way are you talkin per night per room . . .

right?

mack10
07-02-2004, 10:36 PM
for three nights

nomad
07-08-2004, 11:53 PM
mwp,

Check my post under "Still Confused" topic. I paid $30 a night at the Europa last weekend. For a one bedroom apartment.

Nomad

nybm9x5
07-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Can someone point out directions to One Ocean Place in relationship to The Palace or the Europa??
Thanks

Jimmydr
07-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Can someone point out directions to One Ocean Place in relationship to The Palace or the Europa??
Thanks

Come out The Palace and walk to the corner, turn right, walk 2 blocks and there is The Europa. Keep walking and at Super Super Liquor store turn right and walk a block.

BrooklynBeas
07-09-2004, 01:09 PM
more like walking 2 or 3 blocks after you turn right at super super... you will know you are there when you see Casa de Cambio on your right... thats Judys change place that everyone talks about and her hotel is in the back ... thats One Ocean... if it is after 11pm you will have to go around the front to get into One Ocean... keep walking past the cambio another few blocks make another right and another right ... its really a troop if its late night take a moto

Mr Chocha Man
07-10-2004, 03:51 AM
MWP,
I haven't stayed at the Palace or Europa, but I did see these places during my visit.
No disrespect to the guys on the board, but when I was walking around Sosua, I saw what I believe is the Palace and it looked like a dump from the outside. I don't know about the interior... the website makes its seem much nicer inside. I would trust the experienced guys on this board as far as it's livability.

From what I saw, the Europa is much more of what you might expect a modest hotel to look like. If you're American, it's looks sort of like a Motel 6. And it's close to a lot stores, the banks, etc. Also the Europa is directly next door to Sosua Plaza, an open air bar where their are always girls hanging out, waiting to be picked up.

I believe Europa charges a guest fee.

nomad
07-10-2004, 10:51 PM
True the outside of the Palace is not that appealing. But the rooms are nice inside. Not a hot-sheet hotel like you would think. Walk thru the gates and say hello. Ask to see a room or two. Never a problem.

I believe the Europa only charges a guest fee if you want to bring in more than one at a time. But Jimmy would know better than I. If you have a regular Novia that will be with you all the time then just register her at the desk and she will not have to show a Cedula everytime. This is dangerous if you are going to bring others to your room. If she pisses you off. Go to the front desk. Cross her name of your registration card and let the front desk know.

Nomad

Jimmydr
07-11-2004, 07:30 PM
True the outside of the Palace is not that appealing. But the rooms are nice inside. Not a hot-sheet hotel like you would think. Walk thru the gates and say hello. Ask to see a room or two. Never a problem.

I believe the Europa only charges a guest fee if you want to bring in more than one at a time. But Jimmy would know better than I. If you have a regular Novia that will be with you all the time then just register her at the desk and she will not have to show a Cedula everytime. This is dangerous if you are going to bring others to your room. If she pisses you off. Go to the front desk. Cross her name of your registration card and let the front desk know.

Nomad

What do you know about other chicas, you are a pussywhipped married man!

Macky
07-11-2004, 09:41 PM
I think the Europa officially has a guest fee. But last year in my stay in the off season they didn't charge it.

nomad
07-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Jimmy,

Married not dead. Did not play last trip as the wife had her claws in me 24/7. But that is not a bad thing. She is beautiful, slender and 19 years old.

Nomad

Magnum
07-15-2004, 03:55 AM
Hey Nomad.......You forgot something.......and BLIND!!!!

Love and kisses......

Jimmydr
07-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Jimmy,

Married not dead. Did not play last trip as the wife had her claws in me 24/7. But that is not a bad thing. She is beautiful, slender and 19 years old.

Nomad

Are you a Texan or a wimp?

Magnum
07-15-2004, 08:23 AM
Isn't that one in the same????????

Jimmydr
07-15-2004, 08:27 AM
I have a steady girl there for 4 YEARS!!! I still went out with Vak twice in 9 days. Cut THE LEASH!!!

BrooklynBeas
07-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Nomad... when you say married... do you mean like really married... I thought Jimmy was crazy all along

Magnum
07-15-2004, 09:28 AM
This is where I get off this train.....

Have fun guys.......

Beas - tread softly.

BrooklynBeas
07-15-2004, 10:13 AM
is this a sensitive issue here? get back on the train Magnum

Magnum
07-15-2004, 10:56 AM
I am always on board but there are some stops that I skip if you know what I mean.....

Nomad is a very lucky man. His wife is a beautiful, intelligent and a very nice lady. Shit she even likes me! He definitely hit the jackpot with her.

BrooklynBeas
07-15-2004, 11:03 AM
really? uhm OK ... i dont think i ever met her.. Did I Nomad?
Does she live in DR? if yes do you plan on takin her back here?

If you think my ?'s are too personal its too fuckin bad :D

Don Tomas
07-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Jimmy,

Nomad

I am always on board but there are some stops that I skip if you know what I mean.....

Nomad is a very lucky man. His wife is a beautiful, intelligent and a very nice lady. Shit she even likes me! He definitely hit the jackpot with her.

I second those statements, I missed Magnum and my free drinks this trip but did get a chance to meet Nomad and his lovely wife. She was shy and distant but as soon as Nomad introduced us she was very nice and friendly. Also very beautiful, if she is intelligent (that so pissed me off this last trip, damn most of them are stupid) I will be the first in line if there is a divorce.

All is fair in love & war!

Shadow Dweller
07-20-2004, 11:46 AM
I only have a couple of things to say:

1. I've met Nomad's wife... He is one lucky SOB.
2. Does she have a sister? :D

Magnum
07-20-2004, 12:20 PM
SD,

What are the chances in the world that there would be two sisters with no taste in men????????????????

Don Tomas
07-20-2004, 12:22 PM
SD,

What are the chances in the world that there would be two sisters with no taste in men????????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you so much for making me laugh on this rainy day in Florida.

Shadow Dweller
07-20-2004, 12:23 PM
In the world... slim.

In the DR... Better than average! :twisted:

Magnum
07-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Don Juan,

Anything for a friend in need.

nomad
07-25-2004, 03:24 AM
Guys,

Thank you. When I first met her I knew I would be stupid not to hang on to her. It amazes me everyday what she sees in me.

Yes, when I met her I still mongered very heavily. Hell, I was with Magnum and we were hitting the scene hard and often. From Crystals and beyond.

She is shy around gringos and will not talk to them unless I introduce them as my friends. I did it all in Sosua and decided to get married. Have not been sorry. She puts up with me and still loves me. And will hang out with me and my friends (i.e. Magnum, Shadow, Don Thomas). Will even go with me to the Palace. (during the daytime, that is).

Sorry she has no sisters. But hey, beas, she does have a brother your age. :lol: And some of you have probably been with her cousins (females). You can find keepers in DR. Just not easy. Jimmy, Magnum and I have.

Beas there is just no hope for you. Sorry.

Gotta have alot of respect for a girl that wants to go to school. She is taking English and Computers. Next back to real school.

No beas you are not out of line.

And Don Thomas if you really want to meet a true novia type let me know next time. Or let me know when you will be there next time.

They are there. Just not found through the monger network. Find a guy who has a decent girl and see if she has friends. Avoid my wife's cousins.

Good luck,

Nomad

nybm9x5
07-25-2004, 05:02 AM
MWP,
I haven't stayed at the Palace or Europa, but I did see these places during my visit.
No disrespect to the guys on the board, but when I was walking around Sosua, I saw what I believe is the Palace and it looked like a dump from the outside. I don't know about the interior... the website makes its seem much nicer inside. I would trust the experienced guys on this board as far as it's livability.

From what I saw, the Europa is much more of what you might expect a modest hotel to look like. If you're American, it's looks sort of like a Motel 6. And it's close to a lot stores, the banks, etc. Also the Europa is directly next door to Sosua Plaza, an open air bar where their are always girls hanging out, waiting to be picked up.

I believe Europa charges a guest fee.

Next time stop into the Palace and get a tour ... Ask for John .... My tour was like no other ,,, The Europa does not have a fee for guests. They do take the ID card and will not return it to your guest without you being present. I LOVE the Europa ... the owner and i get along great. Next trip I am looking at the Casa Marina for a stay and Ocen one to peek in ..

nomad
07-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Ny,

Which owner of the Europa are you talking about?

Nomad

BrooklynBeas
07-26-2004, 10:18 AM
They are there. Just not found through the monger network. Find a guy who has a decent girl and see if she has friends. Avoid my wife's cousins.

Good luck,

Nomad

Who are your wife's cousins ... would I know them by names?

nomad
07-30-2004, 01:39 AM
Beas,

NO! They were never that drunk or hard up for money to meet you! :lol:

Showed up after you left my friend. One tried to run a scam on a friend from here. (i.e. I am pregnant) I shut it down. I talked to my mom-in-law. She left the area. The other is nice but still a whore.

Nomad

jd_mine
07-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey Don, I'm not mentioned as a friend anymore??? :-)

nomad
07-30-2004, 11:08 PM
jd,

That goes without saying. You have been a lurker for so long it is about time you started posting. Beside you just sent me an email today saying who you are.

Step up to the plate and take your share of abuse. :)

Nomad

Mister NYC
08-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Nomad, JDR, etc....

We should all have dinner and bring our chicas and discuss politics and retirement. No politics please!

Yes, I'll bring mine too.

Yes, they are hard to find. The ones that don't work the tourists, the ones that do go to college and speak two or more languages, know computers, and know how to fuck and be fucked the way we like it.

Enjoy,

BrooklynBeas
08-04-2004, 03:38 PM
I feel left out... Either my chicas have no brains , cant speak english , doesnt know how to use a computer (which may be good), or cant fuck ... then they are no longer my chica... i need an all inclusive chica!! help!!

Jimmydr
08-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Nomad, JDR, etc....

We should all have dinner and bring our chicas and discuss politics and retirement. No politics please!

Anytime and anyplace!! :D

Beas you can come but I am not buying!!! :shock: