PDA

View Full Version : So how is the new Hi-Caribe??

singletravel
07-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Since a bunch of you went down for holiday, just curious how is stacks up against Latina and Claissico??

Singletravel

Gutter Meat
07-07-2004, 09:10 PM
On thursday the high carib was empty, The clasico disco wouldn't let me in because I had no sleves, but looking up into the disco it was about half full. The Latino was packed full mostly dominicans.

Macky
07-08-2004, 04:32 AM
Gutter-

The High Caribe was empty? Oh no. Was it after midnight?

Gutter Meat
07-08-2004, 04:40 AM
Yes high carib was empty on thursday july 1st at about 3am. I couldn't understand. The place looks really good since they remodeled it. Right now it seems Latino club is the hot spot. Its like a rotation, one week one disco is the happening place , then all of a sudden another disco is the happening place.

vagabond
07-08-2004, 05:29 AM
I was at Hig Caribe at the opening, and it was packed. Since then it has been more or less empty after what i have heard. There has been a lot of people at Classico, most tourists, and Latino has been packed, most with Dominicans. I think High Caribean will have to do something very special to get people to go there when it's 2 discos in the center of town.

BrooklynBeas
07-08-2004, 08:11 AM
I never really liked high caribe myself... the manager Mario was always cool with me and gave me free passes but the girls grabbing on your constantly which is what High Caribe is known for is just not my taste!
SosuaBeasT

RickRock
07-08-2004, 07:45 PM
The re-opening was supposed to bring an end to the grabbing and make it a more accessable place for everyone, tourists, hobbiests, dominicans, etc..

Babyboy31
07-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Thats no fun.....I kinda liked the attention. I never really witnessed any grabbing, but I remember back in the day the competition for my attention in the high caribe was fierce.

RickRock
07-08-2004, 10:24 PM
that young french cat that lives in los charmicos was supposed to be managing now from what I had heard, he wanted to make it a popular spot where regular chicas could go without being looked apon as putas while regular putas could still be there too.. like more generally accessable I guess.. I havent been there since the re-opening though

Magnum
07-09-2004, 05:46 AM
I was there last Thursday night and it was DEAD. They definitely made the place look much nicer inside but I couldn't figure out where the hell everyone was. Having two other discos in town seems to have taken its toll on the High Caribean.

When I was there last week the hopping places were the Latino - packed everytime I was there with mostly locals and the Classico - not as packed but it was mostly tourists.

I do not believe that all three can survive in the long run and I would bet that one will not be around for long.

BrooklynBeas
07-09-2004, 08:45 AM
i always liked latino and kinda like that there are more local domincans there... that means the sexy gringo beas gets more attention... and i get more bachata music to dance with the domincanas... is the air conditioner better in there or do you have to stand in front of the vent to breathe???

Magnum
07-09-2004, 10:32 AM
The AC cranks pretty good in there but it is the damn 70's disco retro smoke they pump out that drives me nuts. Makes me want to break out the old Tony Manero polyester suit!

nomad
07-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Holy shit! Magnum alive!

Mr Chocha Man
07-10-2004, 02:33 AM
I was there last Thursday night and it was DEAD. They definitely made the place look much nicer inside but I couldn't figure out where the hell everyone was. Having two other discos in town seems to have taken its toll on the High Caribean.

When I was there last week the hopping places were the Latino - packed everytime I was there with mostly locals and the Classico - not as packed but it was mostly tourists.

I do not believe that all three can survive in the long run and I would bet that one will not be around for long.

I was there on the same day as well (Thursday, July 1), and can verify that the place was not very happening. Very few girls. The bartender was dancing occasionally, but I didn't get a chance to talk to her. As a disco/club goes, I didn't really like it. It's the kind of place that only works if it's packed, which on that night it definitely was not.

Frustrated, I went over to Classico and the pickings were also slim. But it may have been an off night. Finally ended at Latino... that was where all the action was. Packed house. Lotsa good looking chicks. In my opinion, smaller venues are somewhat better for partying because the atmosphere is more intimate.

(BTW, met a nice tall cutie with a flat stomach (!) and beautiful ass. Danced with her that evening and took her back to my hotel. First night ever in DR, and all I paid for was breakfast!)

Macky
07-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Hard to figure whats going on some nights in the party areas. In BKK one night the Grace Hotel disco was jammed full of crazy people, but Angels was empty. Next night the reverse. The locals might know the reason behind it but for a tourist who is there only for a short time it remains a mystery.

I hope the High Caribe returns to life, as I liked the place. Quality could be so-so but it was always fun. The food outside was OK and cheap. I know that some people absolutely detest techno music, but I wish the discos would play more of it, I get tired of merengue and salsa and I don't know how to dance to it. Latino's I can understand but the other places should mix it up a little more.

RickRock
07-10-2004, 03:59 PM
I get tired of merengue and salsa

BLASPHEMY! :D

Macky
07-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Sorry Rick Rock, I know I risked excommunication for that one. I like the music but I can't dance to it. I am going to try and find a certain chica that I met last time in Sosua who offered to teach me to dance merengue. I didn't take her up on it because I was headed out of town the next day. I regretted that later. I'd rather learn to dance bachata, I'm told the steps are easier and slower. But the merengue is everywhere.

RickRock
07-10-2004, 11:20 PM
I don't like Bachata its to slow for me. But merengue is easy, its like any other dancing. Its more about feeling the beat than knowing the steps.

Macky
07-11-2004, 12:12 AM
I'm so clumsy it will take some training. Hope I can find that girl from High Caribe. She was a great GF and spoke english. Of course as always, I may not want to find her right away, but eventually.

JD
07-11-2004, 01:53 AM
I was there on the same day as well (Thursday, July 1), and can verify that the place was not very happening. Very few girls. The bartender was dancing occasionally, but I didn't get a chance to talk to her. As a disco/club goes, I didn't really like it. It's the kind of place that only works if it's packed, which on that night it definitely was not.

Frustrated, I went over to Classico and the pickings were also slim. But it may have been an off night. Finally ended at Latino... that was where all the action was. Packed house. Lotsa good looking chicks. In my opinion, smaller venues are somewhat better for partying because the atmosphere is more intimate.

(BTW, met a nice tall cutie with a flat stomach (!) and beautiful ass. Danced with her that evening and took her back to my hotel. First night ever in DR, and all I paid for was breakfast!)

As a member of this board I feel like your experience is the reason why
we are here. Way to go.

JD

Coonie
07-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Haven't been to Sosua since 9/03 but will be returning again for my 4th trip this Sept. Am not familiar with Latinos or Classico. Are these new places? When I was there last the guy that owns one of the nicer restaurants in the center of twon was planning on opening a club that was about half way between center of town and Europa. Is that one of the places?

Never cared that much for High Caribe. Nothing going on until real late evening, had to pay an admission charge, hassle with the motor concha guys coming and going, and was alway being hassled by some ugly Haitians.

Jimmydr
07-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Haven't been to Sosua since 9/03 but will be returning again for my 4th trip this Sept. Am not familiar with Latinos or Classico. Are these new places?

Yes both are new.

Jimmydr
07-12-2004, 12:21 PM
When I was there last the guy that owns one of the nicer restaurants in the center of twon was planning on opening a club that was about half way between center of town and Europa. Is that one of the places?

No that was The Tucan and its still closed.

nuhomet
07-13-2004, 06:18 PM
SUCKS...SUCKS... RD$200 to enter "all you can drink." Maybe 6 German chicks that smelled bad. One year ago it was AWESOME!!! We tried it twice this week (July 5-11th) and left after 15min.

BrooklynBeas
07-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Whats 200 all you can drink???

vagabond
07-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Sounds nice to me!!

Gutter Meat
01-02-2005, 11:40 PM
When is this place going to reopen if it ever does ?

D_W_
01-03-2005, 01:33 AM
Never cared that much for High Caribe. Nothing going on until real late evening, had to pay an admission charge, hassle with the motor concha guys coming and going, and was alway being hassled by some ugly Haitians.

I hated High Caribe...it was full of local dominican males acting stupid jumping in and out of the water.

There were some cute chicks but man did those stupid annoying haitian bitches keep annoying me. I have nothing against haitians but I never have cared for Haitian putas...just don't like them.

BrooklynBeas
01-03-2005, 12:15 PM

I hated High Caribe...it was full of local dominican males acting stupid jumping in and out of the water.

There were some cute chicks but man did those stupid annoying haitian bitches keep annoying me. I have nothing against haitians but I never have cared for Haitian putas...just don't like them.

ditto... the girls grab you way too much in there...

Gutter Meat
01-12-2005, 09:12 PM
I guess theres no plans to reopen this place anytime soon.