PDA

View Full Version : BB's To Raise Room Rates..........

psriches
12-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Received this morning from BB's.......

ROOM RATE INCREASES . . .
Over the last three years, electric costs have increased by 315%, water by 260%, diesel fuel and propane by over 220%. In addition, labor costs have more than doubled. Therefore, Blackbeards is being forced to raise the room rates. We've managed to hold the same prices for three years, but unfortunately it has to be done. The good news is that it isn't a lot. Effective January 1, 2006, our new room rates will be as follows: Standard Single – US$45, Deluxe Single – US$50, Jacuzzi Suite – US$65, Deluxe Double – US$79, and the Penthouse will be US$99. We regret to have to impose this increase, but it was long overdue.

Jimmydr
12-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Plus that tax of 16%. Condos are the way to go.

sicpup71
12-18-2005, 09:24 AM

Unfortunately, due to increasing bank charges, taxes and currency fluctuations we have been forced to place a surcharge of 20 % on all hotel bills paid by Credit Card.

Jimmydr
12-18-2005, 09:26 AM
So a single is $70 a night. Taxi out is about $25. Its perfect if you plan on not leaving I guess.

El Drunko
12-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Its still not that bad if you just want to hang around and relax. I got burnt out from that. My last 5 trips were to BB's. So its not the price that is keeping me away. Even if my room did go up 10 bucks a night.

I'm just looking to do something different for a few trips. I will return there someday, just not right now.

ErikS
12-18-2005, 10:00 AM
...... Condos are the way to go.

I agree.

Blackbeards is a nice place (especially for newbies). I stayed there three times.

I've also stayed at Rockys, The Hotel Europa (4 times), and Field of Dreams (3 times).

But last trip (Nov05) I rented a condo from Rockys (Tradewinds). Total cost: $320 for 10days/9nights.
Just booked a 1BR condo at the Palms for my Jan trip. Total cost $350 for 12days/11nights. I may even take it for the whole month! (gdogg?).

It gives you more flexibility and more privacy.....and I think the chicas really enjoy it.

El Drunko
12-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Never sttayed at a condo, I'll have to look up those web-sites and check it out.

El Drunko
12-18-2005, 10:31 AM
How long does it take to walk from The Palms/Tradewinds to the 4 roses?

Apos
12-18-2005, 10:35 AM
depends on who you're walking with.

by myself 10-15 minutes max...with a chica 20-30+ :roll:

Ram
12-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Bring a flashnight...friggin dark at night......I would not want to walk it alone in the dark. When Kev and I walked it, a moto brushed by me...he did it on purpose.

Apos
12-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Bring a flashnight...friggin dark at night......I would not want to walk it alone in the dark. When Kev and I walked it, a moto brushed by me...he did it on purpose.

on purpose...asshole! :evil:

Bug Boy
12-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Just booked a 1BR condo at the Palms for my Jan trip. Total cost $350 for 12days/11nights.

ErikS do you have anymore info on this place?

El Drunko
12-18-2005, 11:24 AM
yea, like are motos available at night?

Apos
12-18-2005, 11:34 AM
there are sometimes motos but no guarantee at night. easy to get one on the highway.

i'll be there over xmas and i'll post how i find it.

ErikS
12-18-2005, 11:42 AM
I've timed it. If you walk LIKE A MAN (rather than stroll):
5 Minutes to Europa / Four Roses, etc.
10 Minutes to Rockys / Classico's, etc
15 Minutes to the Shark Bar on the beach

I've never had a problem getting a moto. They usually don't hang out there in large numbers like on the strip. But as they drive by the street the condos are on, they all slow down and look up the street. Just wave and they come up.

Worst case, just walk down to the condo entrance intersection (where the big "Tradewinds" sign is), and wait........one will come by every couple of minutes, even at night.
If you have a DR cell, you could also collect numbers from the moto drivers and then give them a call.

And all the "Publico's/Carrittos? Gua-Gua's" i.e cheap public taxis, will stop at that intersection too.....great for getting the chicas home....especially if they are from out of town.

Rockys (Marco) has several condos at the Tradewinds that they rent out. Info and pictures are on the Rockys site. I rented from them in Nov.

Nick (from the Shark Bar) lives at the Palms and hooked me up with a realator there. He "vouched" for me, so I'm getting a good price with no deposit or anything required.

I think I have a link to a website for them. I will return in a minute and post it.

ErikS
12-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Info for both The Tradewinds, and The Palms

http://www.sosuatradewinds.com/

ErikS
12-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Rockys Bar ....They have condos at the Tradewinds. Click on "Condos"

http://www.rockysbar.com/

Bug Boy
12-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Info for both The Tradewinds, and The Palms

http://www.sosuatradewinds.com/

Thanks

UnMEnXTC
12-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Oh, and btw, an extra 2 mins from Caribe Campo. (same area)

bpl0116
12-19-2005, 09:57 AM
the palms is very low key as far as making noise and partying.It is a nice place but the people for the most part are working people and dont want guys partying all night wwith chicks in the pool and all that good stuff.I have stayed there too as im a friend of someone who lives there.

El Drunko
12-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Thats the hard part, I want a place I can be a drunk bastard at 3am.

Thanks for the info guys

rley69
12-19-2005, 03:52 PM

Unfortunately, due to increasing bank charges, taxes and currency fluctuations we have been forced to place a surcharge of 20 % on all hotel bills paid by Credit Card.

Not that long ago BBs offered a 10% discount on cash payment. In my view a not too subtle tax dodge. The 20% card surcharge was brought in around the time the discount finished and has always struck me as a means of achieving the same end (cash payment).

In fairness there has been some investment in the place in recent months - reception re-organised, pool and jacuzzi re-painted, professional masage table. I've always found it a reasonably comfortable and efficiently run place, a cut above a lot of the monger places in Sosua (although I usually divide my time between the two).