PDA

View Full Version : Quote Feature problem!

3somefan
10-02-2007, 07:18 PM
DT...

Just wanted to let you know that in the past couple of days there has been several problems with the quote feature.

When quoting someone at times, the actual quoted statement doesn't appear in the quote box. Also, the quote feature is not actually quoting the right person who made the statement.

Here is a specific link to a thread where this is happening.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?p=366452&posted=1#post366452

blacksultan
10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Jimmy can you administer this problem or do we have to call Dawson to the rescue.

Jimmydr
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Jimmy can you administer this problem or do we have to call Dawson to the rescue.

Who me? Do what?:confused:

blacksultan
10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Who me? Do what?:confused:

Administer some shit.:wink:

Jimmydr
10-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Administer some shit.:wink:

I just pay the bills to keep the site up.:p

the_Jayman
10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
DT...

Just wanted to let you know that in the past couple of days there has been several problems with the quote feature.

When quoting someone at times, the actual quoted statement doesn't appear in the quote box. Also, the quote feature is not actually quoting the right person who made the statement.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?p=366452&posted=1#post366452

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the_Jayman
10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
[

NEWKIRK ! ! !

Jimmydr
10-02-2007, 07:36 PM
I haven't had any problems. Has anyone else?

3somefan
10-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Sultan did when he tried to quote Elsucio, it quoted me. Then when I quoted Elsucio, it said the quote came from me???

Just wanted to let you know....

Coolhand
10-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Jimmy,

That sounds it can be in 3 different areas. Check the Post,Post text,quote tables in your database. Most of the time its the post text that needs repair open your Mysql and check to see if you can repair it should work in no time.But you dont want to keep posting with that in error could lead to other problems.

Don Tomas
11-24-2007, 12:05 PM
DT...

3some I was gone due to family issues but I went back and checked out the thread you referred to. Actually it was you who started the trouble, not the board's software.

You tried to make a quote in post #52. http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showpost.php?p=366360&postcount=52

You tried to bold and underline the last sentence BUT you extended the BBCode into the ending quote tag which "killed" the quote, please see below what happened. After that it was just a domino effect after people quoted your bad post, and then others quoted the new bad posts, etc.

[quote=elsucio;366294].....false self pride?[/[/b][/u]QUOTE]

Don Tomas
11-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Jimmy,

That sounds it can be in 3 different areas. Check the Post,Post text,quote tables in your database. Most of the time its the post text that needs repair open your Mysql and check to see if you can repair it should work in no time.But you dont want to keep posting with that in error could lead to other problems.

Coolhand,

I appreciate the effort of directing Jimmy, please remember phpBB is a way different beast then vBulletin. Actually vBulletin doesn't even have quote tables. Next time someone just tell Jimmy to call me, even if I am at the hospital I can fix major problems when I get home at night.

Thanks,
DT

Beads
11-24-2007, 12:11 PM
yes I have been noticing some strange things going on this morning as well is some posts. This message box being very small and sometimes the buttons for thanks, quote etc are in different spots. It appeared as though something was being worked on or needed to be fixed.

Don Tomas
11-24-2007, 12:14 PM
yes I have been noticing some strange things going on this morning as well is some posts. This message box being very small and sometimes the buttons for thanks, quote etc are in different spots. It appeared as though something was being worked on or needed to be fixed.

See my new thread....

3somefan
11-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks DT!!

Not sure how I did that or why but it was a accident..thanks for fixing it and taking the time to explain what happened.

We are lucky to have you!! :)