PDA

View Full Version : Visited Las Canas

sonrisa
10-06-2007, 03:13 PM
On my recent trip, I went rental condo hunting. I stayed at The Palms one time. I know this is Eric's place and the unit he has looks great. The one I had was nothing to write home about. Everything needed a fresh coat of paint and both the bed and bathroom were lacking. The gardens, pool and clubhouse at The Palms are great. The location is good, especially if you have a car.

On my trip at the end of September, I checked out a few places. While Las Canas is down the next road from The Palms and about 2 miles south of Highway 5, it is a beautiful setting. The gardens and buildings are beautiful. The pool is incredible. I asked to see a one-bedroom condo. Very nice with a king-size bed. And like so many other places, air-conditioning in the bedroom only. There is no daily housecleaning, but you can schedule as many housecleanings and changing of sheets as you want for 300 pesos a time ($9). They also now have a laundry room available. Rental price is good value for what you get.

I am a discreet guy and do not do any loud partying. My feeling is that they are chica-friendly, but no loud partying that might disturb other guests.

My hope is to find a place I can rent 4-6 weeks a year, find a rental place to store a few personal items (clothes, plates, decorations, etc.) in order to make the place more like home. I always rent a car, so transportation is not a problem.

Now I'd like to ask your help. Is there anything else I need to know? Are they indeed chica-friendly? Now that you have an idea about what I'm looking for, do you have any other suggested condos/apartment places? And any help about potential storage units (closet size sufficient)? As I learn anything about this or other places, I'll let you know.

Sonrisa

Mags
10-06-2007, 03:36 PM
On my recent trip, I went rental condo hunting. I stayed at The Palms one time. I know this is Eric's place and the unit he has looks great. The one I had was nothing to write home about. Everything needed a fresh coat of paint and both the bed and bathroom were lacking. The gardens, pool and clubhouse at The Palms are great. The location is good, especially if you have a car.

On my trip at the end of September, I checked out a few places. While Las Canas is down the next road from The Palms and about 2 miles south of Highway 5, it is a beautiful setting. The gardens and buildings are beautiful. The pool is incredible. I asked to see a one-bedroom condo. Very nice with a king-size bed. And like so many other places, air-conditioning in the bedroom only. There is no daily housecleaning, but you can schedule as many housecleanings and changing of sheets as you want for 300 pesos a time ($9). They also now have a laundry room available. Rental price is good value for what you get.

I am a discreet guy and do not do any loud partying. My feeling is that they are chica-friendly, but no loud partying that might disturb other guests.

My hope is to find a place I can rent 4-6 weeks a year, find a rental place to store a few personal items (clothes, plates, decorations, etc.) in order to make the place more like home. I always rent a car, so transportation is not a problem.

Now I'd like to ask your help. Is there anything else I need to know? Are they indeed chica-friendly? Now that you have an idea about what I'm looking for, do you have any other suggested condos/apartment places? And any help about potential storage units (closet size sufficient)? As I learn anything about this or other places, I'll let you know.

Sonrisa

I have never heard of any storage units near Sosua. That may be a problem.

Mags
10-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Beads:
As far as a storage unit you can rent one close to town

http://sosuaselfstorage.com/index.html

If your renting a condo try to get a good rate for 6 months or a year and include the storage fee because you can store basic things in the condo while your away also?

TMONEY
10-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Las Caņas is Chica friendly only that it must be done discreetly, meaning no loud whore parties in the pool and no sex out in the open like BB's.

A friend of mine pays the monthly rate, which is way cheaper and splits it with a coworker and they just alternate trips.

It's better to have a talk with the manager beforehand to establish a relationship and get to know the boundaries.

sonrisa
10-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Here's a view of Las Canas on the day I visited. The pool is incredible and the condos are very clean. I'm thinking about contacting them about renting six times a year and see if I can get a special rate for paying at least half or even the whole thing ahead of time with maybe only one week in high season (busy time for me anyway). Maybe good for them, good for me. Just thought it'd be fun to have a regular place to relax both with and without a chica.

To stay here I think you definitely need to rent a car. It's not that far out of town, but far enough to need a car more than a motoconcho.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/9282470ee99fdf25d.jpg

Beads
10-12-2007, 11:07 AM
this place definitely has the nicest pool I have found in Sosua.

leeway99
10-12-2007, 03:13 PM
How much was a one bedroom running ?

sonrisa
10-14-2007, 05:54 PM
The one bedrooms rent from $250 - $350 per week, depending on high or low season. They have a website that is helpful. A little out of the way, but very nice.

sonrisa
10-14-2007, 05:55 PM
The one bedroom was renting from $250-350, depending on low or high season. They have a nice website that has good photos and floor plans.