PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue for $69

Jimmydr
07-13-2004, 03:44 PM
JetBlue is offering $69 plus tax fares JFK-DR, during the Fall (after Labor day, before Thanskgiving). Let's see if AA, Delta, or Continental matches.

Here's the article.

http://www.jetblue.com/learnmore/pr....asp?newsId=261

JetBlue Kicks Off One-Million-Seat Sale

-- Sale Fares Reduced by up to 50% from Regular Fares --
New York, NY (July 13, 2004) -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU) is kicking off Fall travel by putting one million seats on sale with fares up to 50% less than regular fares.

"This is our way of saying 'Thanks a million' to the 25 million customers we've served over the last four and a half years," said David Neeleman, JetBlue's Chairman and CEO. "With one-way fares starting from $29* from Long Beach and $49* from New York, Washington, Boston and Florida, customers can really experience our gratitude throughout the Fall."

JetBlue has never had lower fares between the northeast and Florida, starting from $49* one way from New York's John F. Kennedy to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach; from NY/LaGuardia*** and Washington/Dulles to Fort Lauderdale; and from Boston/Logan to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, and Tampa. Florida fares from Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, NY, and from Burlington, VT start at $59* one way.

Caribbean service from New York starts from just $69* one way, from JFK to San Juan and Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, and to Santiago and Santo Domingo, in the Dominican Republic. (Fares from the Dominican Republic start at $78* with the inclusion of value-added tax.)

Coast to coast fares start from $99* one way from JFK to California's LA/Long Beach, Oakland, Ontario, Sacramento, San Diego, and San Jose; from Washington/Dulles to Long Beach, Oakland and Sacramento; and from Boston/Logan to Long Beach and Oakland.

Sale fares between Long Beach and Las Vegas, NV start at $29* one way, between Long Beach and Oakland start at $39* one way and between Long Beach and Salt Lake City, UT from $59* one way.

JetBlue announced yesterday that it plans daily service between JFK and Phoenix, AZ starting October 1, 2004, which will also be offered on sale from $99* one way.

These sale fares, which require a 14-day advance purchase, must be bought at www.jetblue.com by July 29 for travel between September 7 and December 15, 2004. Sale fare travel is not permitted during blackout dates between November 23 and 29, 2004. Customers should book early as seats may not be available on all flights. For an additional $3 each way, the sale fares can also be booked by calling 1-800-JETBLUE.

JetBlue's Million Seat Sale Fares:

New York/JFK to:
Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa, & West Palm Beach; New Orleans $49*
San Juan & Aguadilla, Puerto Rico; Santiago & Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic $69*
Denver $89*
Las Vegas, Long Beach, Oakland, Ontario, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Jose & Seattle $99*

Dick Dawson
07-13-2004, 08:07 PM
If only JetBlue had a hub out of Newark. :(

the_Jayman
07-13-2004, 09:05 PM
i hear ya Dick.

BrooklynBeas
07-14-2004, 07:37 AM
Man, get a friend to drive you to JFK it sure looks like its worth it!

Jimmydr
07-14-2004, 07:55 AM
$69+$69 plus $107tax = $245 :D

JD
07-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks again Jimmy.

JD

Bug Boy
07-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Thank You Jet Blue....

Delta, US Air, and American didn't wait too long to match!!!!!

BrooklynBeas
07-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Watch out for Blackout dates... Jet Blues deal is not good thanksgiving week and the days around the week... it starts sept 7th and is good till dec 15th... when trying to book my November flight on the days i wanted to go the total price would have been $508 ... i got a flight out of JFK going to POP which is really where i wanted to land for $340 taxes included... Jet Blue would be good for the guy that doesnt really care about exact dates and also doesnt mind flying into sti... also going at 9:45 pm from JFK and going home from STI at 2 am...

Jimmydr
07-15-2004, 08:23 AM
Watch out for Blackout dates... Jet Blues deal is not good thanksgiving week and the days around the week... it starts sept 7th and is good till dec 15th... when trying to book my November flight on the days i wanted to go the total price would have been $508 ... i got a flight out of JFK going to POP which is really where i wanted to land for $340 taxes included... Jet Blue would be good for the guy that doesnt really care about exact dates and also doesnt mind flying into sti... also going at 9:45 pm from JFK and going home from STI at 2 am...

They will be adding POP next year, so I heard.

BrooklynBeas
07-15-2004, 08:34 AM
next year is next year... where did you here they will be adding POP?

Jimmydr
07-15-2004, 08:43 AM
next year is next year... where did you here they will be adding POP?

I am a shareholder and I call them weekly.

BrooklynBeas
07-15-2004, 08:47 AM
no wonder you are promoting them .. heh

making big money on them?

Jimmydr
07-15-2004, 08:52 AM
no wonder you are promoting them .. heh

making big money on them?

We all can really.

BrooklynBeas
07-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Have your people send some research to my people! heh

WSJ3
09-09-2004, 09:30 AM
JETBLUE OCT 23-29

Departing Flight

Airfare/Adult US$ 69.00
Taxes/Adult (details) US$ 41.65
Subtotal/Adult US$ 110.65
X 1 Adult US$ 110.65

Returning Flight
Airfare/Adult US$ 69.00
Taxes/Adult (details) US$ 66.25
Subtotal/Adult US$ 135.25
X 1 Adult US$ 135.25

Total Cost of Flight US$ 245.90

BrooklynBeas
09-09-2004, 09:51 AM
JETBLUE OCT 23-29

Departing Flight

Airfare/Adult US$ 69.00
Taxes/Adult (details) US$ 41.65
Subtotal/Adult US$ 110.65
X 1 Adult US$ 110.65

Returning Flight
Airfare/Adult US$ 69.00
Taxes/Adult (details) US$ 66.25
Subtotal/Adult US$ 135.25
X 1 Adult US$ 135.25

Total Cost of Flight US$ 245.90

This is old news... the bad part of it though is the flight times... most of the time its the late night/red eye flights that noone wants to take

Jimmydr
09-09-2004, 09:57 AM
I actually do like the 9:30PM flight. I can leave work at 4PM and catch it. I arrive in Santiago around 1am, check into a cabana and hit Illussions or Passions. Wake up in the morning then head over to Sosua.

vak
09-09-2004, 10:31 AM
245.90, exactly the same as AA

BrooklynBeas
09-09-2004, 10:53 AM

and AA will take ya straight to POP... if thats what ya like... and during normal hours... the 9:45 pm flight to DR is great but i hate the 2:30 am flight going home!

WSJ3
09-09-2004, 10:54 AM

100% correct.

$250 Roundtrip
9:05 pm Depart New York (JFK)
Arrive Santo Domingo (SDQ) 12:51 am +1 day Sat 23-Oct
Duration: 3hr 46mn
American Airlines 1971
Nonstop flight

Jimmydr
09-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Remember, before Jet Blue, AA was $400 or more. We need Jet Blue. :D

BigTrick
09-09-2004, 10:59 AM
I actually do like the 9:30PM flight. I can leave work at 4PM and catch it. I arrive in Santiago around 1am, check into a cabana and hit Illussions or Passions. Wake up in the morning then head over to Sosua.

That's exactly what I plan to do Thur night when I arrive! Can you recommend a cheap place to stay. I was thinking Hotel Rey in La Vega

WSJ3
09-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Remember, before Jet Blue, AA was $400 or more. We need Jet Blue. :D

Free market economy...competiton it is the America way.

Remember 42nd street before Disney. You could purchase first run movies for under $20.

Now because of Mayor McCheese there are so few quality Peep Outlets that prices have gone up.

:evil:

Jimmydr
09-09-2004, 11:01 AM

That's exactly what I plan to do Thur night when I arrive! Can you recommend a cheap place to stay. I was thinking Hotel Rey in La Vega

LaVega is at least 45 minutes from the airport, try a Cabana nearby.

WSJ3
09-09-2004, 11:06 AM

What's wrong with the Europa or the Palace in the belly of the beast?

:twisted:

BrooklynBeas
09-09-2004, 11:26 AM

Uhmmm... I dont think it is that far Jimmy... Hotel rey was about 15 or 20 minutes from Ilusions in STI... and Hotel Rey is very recommended by BrooklynBeas... Wonder where ya heard of this place from ..hehe

Don Tomas
09-09-2004, 11:28 AM

Splurge on a Cabana, just my opinion.

BrooklynBeas
09-09-2004, 11:30 AM

WSJ he is talking about flying into STI which is 1 and a half hours from Europa/Palace

Don Tomas
09-09-2004, 11:31 AM

Arriving at 9:30 means you will be out the airport around 10pm. Then there is a two hour drive to Sosua, figure after check-in, etc. It's 1am before you are prowling the streets.

PS. 2 hours to Sosua taking the highway, wouldn't go through the mountains at night. Go ahead call me a scared bitch again BB :shock: , but I hope you wouldn't be that stupid to do that run at night.

Jimmydr
09-09-2004, 11:32 AM

Arriving at 9:30 means you will be out the airport around 10pm. Then there is a two hour drive to Sosua, figure after check-in, etc. It's 1am before you are prowling the streets.

PS. 2 hours to Sosua taking the highway, wouldn't go through the mountains at night. Go ahead call me a scared bitch again BB :shock: , but I hope you wouldn't be that stupid to do that run at night.

Leaves JFK @ 9:30PM and arrives DR around 1:30AM. I have done those mountain roads at night, not bad at all. :)

BrooklynBeas
09-09-2004, 11:35 AM

Ive done both runs Don... and never did the mountain run at night ... i think overall its better to do the highway run... less bumps and curves and turns and all that shit... very close to the same timing also... and the Jet Blue flight doesnt arrive at 9:30 ... it leaves NYC at 9:45pm and arrives close to 1 in the morning... if this is the flight you are speaking of.. Beas

BigTrick
09-09-2004, 12:10 PM
I arrive in STI at 1:30 am. Dominican Ray is sending one of his collegues to get me. I plan to hit Casa Blanca and maybe Illusions (but definately Casa Blanca). I was thinking about getting a cheap room because I will only be there a few hours. I will check into BlackBleard sometime Friday morning.

Hell if my driver is willing, we can go straight to BlackBleards after we leave the clubs. I will sleep in the car.

Beas......I think I did get the Hotel Rey from one of your post.......or was it Don?

BrooklynBeas
09-09-2004, 01:12 PM
I arrive in STI at 1:30 am. Dominican Ray is sending one of his collegues to get me. I plan to hit Casa Blanca and maybe Illusions (but definately Casa Blanca). I was thinking about getting a cheap room because I will only be there a few hours. I will check into BlackBleard sometime Friday morning.

Hell if my driver is willing, we can go straight to BlackBleards after we leave the clubs. I will sleep in the car.

Beas......I think I did get the Hotel Rey from one of your post.......or was it Don?

It was one of my informative posts trick...if you want something cheap and decent in the La Vega area then go to Pegasus... thats if you dont need an A/C... the rooms there are about 350 pesos a night and they have a ceiling fan and TV, bed, and bathroom... pretty clean too... they even gave me soap for the shower when i asked the front desk... If you plan on taking something out of ilusions or casa blanca then your gonna need to stay somewhere close by... if not you can take someone in the back rooms for a quickie... they wont be making a trip to POP or Blackbeards unless your paying big money and taxi fare back...

Pegasus is about 3 minutes from Hotel Rey and i brought a whore in there with no problem at all...

These La Vega hotels are just about 15-20 minutes from the before mentioned whorehouses...

BkBeas

BigTrick
09-09-2004, 02:35 PM

It was one of my informative posts trick...if you want something cheap and decent in the La Vega area then go to Pegasus... thats if you dont need an A/C... the rooms there are about 350 pesos a night and they have a ceiling fan and TV, bed, and bathroom... pretty clean too... they even gave me soap for the shower when i asked the front desk... If you plan on taking something out of ilusions or casa blanca then your gonna need to stay somewhere close by... if not you can take someone in the back rooms for a quickie... they wont be making a trip to POP or Blackbeards unless your paying big money and taxi fare back...

Pegasus is about 3 minutes from Hotel Rey and i brought a whore in there with no problem at all...

These La Vega hotels are just about 15-20 minutes from the before mentioned whorehouses...

BkBeas

I probably need something close to the clubs. I definantly do not plan to take anyone to POP / Blackbeards with me.......(way to much action on site at BB). I was thinking Matum Hotel but it doesn't make sense to spend $40 to lay for a few hours.

Do you know any cheap places close to the clubs (Casa Blanco especially). No a/c or hot water not a problem. I won't act like a spoiled American for one night.

BrooklynBeas
09-09-2004, 02:45 PM

BkBeas

I probably need something close to the clubs. I definantly do not plan to take anyone to POP / Blackbeards with me.......(way to much action on site at BB). I was thinking Matum Hotel but it doesn't make sense to spend $40 to lay for a few hours.

Do you know any cheap places close to the clubs (Casa Blanco especially). No a/c or hot water not a problem. I won't act like a spoiled American for one night.

Whats wrong with Hotel Pegasus for 350 pesos a night ... thats when it was at 45 to 1... and i didnt even try to talk the guy down.... even at 35 to 1 thats about $10 bucks a night... then about the same in a taxi ride to send the chica back if that much... or stay in a cabana as someone said before

BigTrick
09-09-2004, 02:56 PM
or stay in a cabana as someone said before

So what exactly is a cabana. I thought a cabana was like a small hotel

Jimmydr
09-09-2004, 02:57 PM

Cabanas are where Dominicans go to cheat on their spouses. They pump alot of money into them and some are like 5 star hotels. You really need to see for yourself.

WSJ3
09-09-2004, 02:57 PM

More like renting a room. Which is why they are so cheap.

nomad
09-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Im taking the jet blue flight into santiago leaving jfk at 9pm on fri.I have John from the Blue Dolphin sending someone to pick me up and bring me back to sosua at 1 in the morning.Ill let you know when I get back if it was worth it.Im a little concerned about driving through the mountains at night especially if it is raining.One slip and your car is off the cliff.

BigTrick
09-09-2004, 03:32 PM
So a cabana is a short stay, hourly room. I have been in many of those. In Punta Cana and Juan Dolio. Those places are awful. They usually didn't have working/running water with condoms piled high in the toliet. I usually bust a nut and get the hell out of those places quick as possible and get to a shower to wash the germs of that place off.

Fuck being cheap, I will spend a $100 a night before I stay in that shit whole. I will try Hotel Pegasus for 350 pesos....thanks Beas

WSJ3
09-09-2004, 03:35 PM
So a cabana is a short stay, hourly room. I have been in many of those. In Punta Cana and Juan Dolio. Those places are awful. They usually didn't have working/running water with condoms piled high in the toliet. I usually bust a nut and get the hell out of those places quick as possible and get to a shower to wash the germs of that place off.

Fuck being cheap, I will spend a $100 a night before I stay in that shit whole. I will try Hotel Pegasus for 350 pesos....thanks Beas

No really tell me how you really feel about the cabanas. LOL. :)

BigTrick
09-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Im taking the jet blue flight into santiago leaving jfk at 9pm on fri.I have John from the Blue Dolphin sending someone to pick me up and bring me back to sosua at 1 in the morning.Ill let you know when I get back if it was worth it.Im a little concerned about driving through the mountains at night especially if it is raining.One slip and your car is off the cliff.

Dam...I would catch a ride with ya but I leave Thur 9pm from JFK.

No really tell me how you really feel about the cabanas. LOL. :)

I never new what those places were called. I always called them the "trick-off spots"

Don Tomas
09-09-2004, 03:46 PM

I stayed at Helios in Santiago, the only Cabana I have enjoyed thus far.
I paid RD$2495 for all night for the Presidential Suite when the exchange rate was 46-1 so about US$54.
It was two stories.
California King sized bed
Jacuzzi
Marble staircase and bathroom
2 TVs
Fish tank in the wall
Disco lights
Carved wooden ceilings

Jimmydr
09-09-2004, 04:01 PM

I paid RD$2495 for all night for the Presidential Suite when the exchange rate was 46-1 so about US$54.
It was two stories.
Jacuzzi
2 TVs
Fish tank in the wall
Disco lights
Carved wooden ceilings

Yes!!! This was the one I stayed at as well. 5 STAR :D

BrooklynBeas
09-09-2004, 04:14 PM

It was two stories.
Jacuzzi
2 TVs
Fish tank in the wall
Disco lights
Carved wooden ceilings

If they only had these types of fuck spots in NY for this price... damn that would be great... shit even Don might get some american pussy with a room like that hehe... hey what happened to Nomad speaking of picking on people... how come he isnt giving us any updates from DR

Don Tomas
09-09-2004, 04:23 PM
If they only had these types of fuck spots in NY for this price... damn that would be great... shit even Don might get some american pussy with a room like that hehe... hey what happened to Nomad speaking of picking on people... how come he isnt giving us any updates from DR

Hey now I can get American pussy, I just have to pay higher rates for it then in the DR! :lol:

BrooklynBeas
09-09-2004, 04:38 PM

Hey now I can get American pussy, I just have to pay higher rates for it then in the DR! :lol:

Thats sad man... a young guy like you cant get pussy from a regular girl :(

Don Tomas
09-09-2004, 04:41 PM

What is a regular girl? In the states I deal with strippers and coke whores, usually one in the same.

I am way to perverted for a regular girl.

BrooklynBeas
09-09-2004, 04:43 PM

What is a regular girl? In the states I deal with strippers and coke whores, usually one in the same.

I am way to perverted for a regular girl.

A regular girl is some whore that is not advertising that she is a whore and will make you work a little to get the pussy or you may have to spit a little game to them... or a girl that when she leaves when your done what your doing you dont pay her... Yeah i know you pay more in the long run ... we went through this before :D

continentalmike
09-10-2004, 05:48 AM
Exactly.. you don't pay them to fuck.. you pay them to leave!