PDA

View Full Version : Erik S. Trip#10 (now) 5-16 Jan 2006

ErikS
01-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi Guys,

Looks like the server problem has been fixed. Thanks Don T.

It looks like the longer trip report I attempted to post the other day has not found it's way onto the board yet......so I guess I'll just hit some key points and add to them (with photos) when I return home.

Arrived on the 5th of Jan (JFK to STI). Full Delta flight ($273RT) On time. Was going to take the Caribe Tours bus again, but because of all the stuff I brought with me this time, I had a driver I've used before pick me up.

JimmyDR: I delivered the "stuff" to Justin & Michelle. No problems at customs.

Gdogg: Condo is fine. Will call you later this week.

Club NWV (above Harrisons) is closed (that was a short run!).

Classicos /Merenge Bar is still packed every night. Good crowds at Club X also. Sousua Life Bar seems to have more business now than in Nov.

Sosua Village cafe (karaoke bar) is still open. Plus Fred opened a second bar down by El Toro's, Bernies old bar (another short lived business!)

Several new restarunts/bars have opened between Club X and PJ's. Pretty empty though every time I've walked by. .........and NO sign of any policia crackdown or Sosua shutdown.......business as usual.

Met up with Deputy Dawg and Moshy2K. They were kind enough to invite me to go to Franks Place / Anna Miriams / Luz Maries in Puerto Plata with them (more on that in the BOD). Both of them are definately "players" and I can see a trail of broken hearts that they must leave behind ;) .

Old Shark Bar / New Route 66 is up and running for breakfast and lunch. I cooked a new dish on the grill for them and then showed Justin and Isabella how to make it......so it might find it's way onto the menu for your next visit.

Peso holding steady at around 34 for each US dollar. I got 34.15 and 34.12 on two ATM withdrawals.

Presidentes now seem to be 70 pesos at most places on the strip (90 upstairs at Classicos and at Club X). Cheaper off strip. 30 pesos at Wilsons Sports bar near Casa Marina and La Bolonga.

ALERT / ALERT!!!!!! Jenny / Yenni just sat down on the computer next to me at Rockys......not sure what site she is going to! Looks like she just took out a piece of paper with a password printed on it!

Speaking of which: Chicas seem very gun shy regarding pictures now! Even in public places con ropa!

New Shark Bar: Now on the main drag (Pedro Clisante). Primo location just around the corner from Rockys. It is the 4th store down across the street from Harrisons Jewlers. Currently bright yellow. Much internal construction and renovation going on. Spoke with Lou. He plans on the grand opening o/a 25 Jan in time for the Canadian Invasion.
BBQ set for Sunday, 29 Jan at 4pm (I'm bringing the steaks). Lou said even if the place isn't fully finished then, we will still have the party! What a guy!

OK, Chicas. Many in town......some familiar, some new. So far, I've enjoyed: (all quotes in DR pesos)
TLN: 1000
TLN: 2000 (from Franks place....he waived the salida because of my Xmas "poem"......thanks Frank!)
TLN: 1000
TLN: 700
TLN: 600

and now I have dinner dates lined up with chicas I believe to be "Good girls - notaputa" for the next three nights. I've met them during the day while they were working regular jobs......time will tell though!

La Passions is still up and running at their new location (2 blocks from the original spot!) Some new chicas there......and Kenya is back!

That's all for now........maybe more later....or maybe not until I fly back on the 16th.

Oh, and one other thing. There have been numerous public service announcements on TV, radio, and even those trucks with loudspeakers.
The basic message is something to the effect of:

]"Mothers, lock up your daugters. Take them back to the Campo. No one is save. The Canadians are coming! The Canadians are coming"[/i].

and I'll be with them! I'm on a return flight 27 Jan with Phoenix, Jayman, and Ramses! :D :D

Apos
01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
the location of the new shark bar
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/apostropheman/Picture133.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/apostropheman/Picture132.jpg

DEPUTY DAWG
01-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey Eric s. great hanging with you man........... And make sure you post that pic of you on the balcony. Also PM me those pics you took at your place. Next time we gotta hangout more (that was my fault)

Beads
01-11-2006, 06:59 PM
I been hearing theres a lot of rain down there past few days. nice pic of the new shark bar location we need a route 66 pic too now!

ErikS
01-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey Eric s. great hanging with you man........... And make sure you post that pic of you on the balcony. Also PM me those pics you took at your place. Next time we gotta hangout more (that was my fault)

DD,

Yeah, that was a nice night. Thanks again for taking me with you and Moshy to POP. Will post and PM picts when I return next week.

Oh, and by the way, I saw your chica (that "pushed" me off the balcony) in Classicos the other night. She looked muy triste and asked me where you were. Not to worry, bro. I got you covered.
I told her:

a. That you had to rush back to Santo Domingo because you had received a emergeny phone call from your wife there that she was going into labor with triplets! ;)

or

b. Yo no sabe!

Obviously, the correct answer was B.

I just kept telling her "I don't know"......but she did look pretty sad though (and pretty hot also!) :D

ErikS
01-13-2006, 10:02 AM
I been hearing theres a lot of rain down there past few days. nice pic of the new shark bar location we need a route 66 pic too now!

Beads,

Yeah, I've been surprised by how much rain there has been. I thought this was the dry season!

The rain just comes in short bursts though. And usually at night. Very heavy but very quick. The other night I took a chica out of the Merange Bar early (around 10pm). Grabbed a moto to go back to the condo (The Palms.....next to Tradewinds).

The moto guy smelled rain, and half way home he suddenly pulled off the road under cover at that little thatched roofed bar next to the German Butcher. Perfect timing.......it started pouring right then....torrential! I bought three beers (me, Anna, and the moto guy) and before we could even finish them, the rain stopped.

and Apos, nice pictures of the Shark Bar site. It's in a great location. There is a good massage place (Paradise Massage) just next door and upstairs. Professional massage only though, no extras offerred, but sometimes that is what you really need! 500 peso for one hour.....400 with one of their flyers! (I'm heading there now......change of pace from M&M)

AND..........Two weeks from today the invasion is underway! :D :D :D

ErikS
01-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Beautiful weather during the day the last two days......and beautiful chicas at night! :D

More later (with photos)

ErikS
01-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Just met Herbf as he arrived at Rockys.
Spoke with gdogg, he is taking my condo tomorrow.

Old Shark Bar/New Route 66 is closed and locked up as of yesterday. I'm helping Big Lou take out the rest of his stuff later today......then the place will be just an empty shell.......WHAT A SHAME!

But, work at the new NY SHARK Bar is progressing and Lou says come hell or high water, there WILL be a party and BBQ there during the Canadian Invasion. His grand opening is scheduled for 25 Jan.

I mentioned that I had three dates with "good-girls-notaputas" that I met at stores during the day. Here's how they went:

Good Girl #1 was a no show. She did call me and say that she could not get out of work that night. I went to where she worked (Wilsons Sports Bar......nice place) and she was working there. I prceeded to flirt with one of the other chicas there and ended up taking her home with me.
Cost: Drinks and Pizza at Wilsons, plus I gave her a 500 peso regalo which she gladly accepted.

Good Girl #2: Took to El Toro for dinner. I had arranged to meet her at 6pm when she got off work (in the plaza that M&M is located in). She lives in Puerto Plata and said she was very surprised by everything in Sosua thatwe saw as we took a moto down to El Toro. She said that she had never really seen much of Sosua as she always went right home after work.
She was off work the next day, and did spend the night at my condo after dinner. And no dinero directly changed hands.
BUT: She did order the camerones (shrimps - 790 pesos) for dinner.
Total bill at El Toro for appetizers, drinks, wine, dinner, etc was 2100 pesos.

Good Girl #3: We had Pizza and beer at La Bolonga then went back to my condo. She spent the night and also gave me a great massage (she works in a "professional" massage place.
again......no money changed hands........BUT, in the morning, she asked me if I would help her and her mother open their own Salon! :roll:

Photos soon......I return to NY tomorrow!

Apos
01-15-2006, 03:10 PM
what an excellent trip!

say HI go gdogg and herbf for me....g i know and herb i'll meet soon :D

JDR
01-15-2006, 03:10 PM
And the reports begin again. :D

Kevy
01-15-2006, 03:14 PM
You gonna a business partner in the salon? Ask Jimmy for help. :lol:

Apos
01-15-2006, 03:16 PM
i need a manicure... :roll:

Apos
01-15-2006, 03:16 PM
perhaps a nice weave too :D

JDR
01-15-2006, 03:17 PM
i need a manicure... :roll:I need a haircut.

Apos
01-15-2006, 03:18 PM
i have a pic...muct import it to the computer...of me in a "stevie wonder" weave wig....hilarious 8O :D

Phoenix
01-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Just met Herbf as he arrived at Rockys.
Spoke with gdogg, he is taking my condo tomorrow.

Old Shark Bar/New Route 66 is closed and locked up as of yesterday. I'm helping Big Lou take out the rest of his stuff later today......then the place will be just an empty shell.......WHAT A SHAME!

But, work at the new NY SHARK Bar is progressing and Lou says come hell or high water, there WILL be a party and BBQ there during the Canadian Invasion. His grand opening is scheduled for 25 Jan.

I mentioned that I had three dates with "good-girls-notaputas" that I met at stores during the day. Here's how they went:

Good Girl #1 was a no show. She did call me and say that she could not get out of work that night. I went to where she worked (Wilsons Sports Bar......nice place) and she was working there. I prceeded to flirt with one of the other chicas there and ended up taking her home with me.
Cost: Drinks and Pizza at Wilsons, plus I gave her a 500 peso regalo which she gladly accepted.

Good Girl #2: Took to El Toro for dinner. I had arranged to meet her at 6pm when she got off work (in the plaza that M&M is located in). She lives in Puerto Plata and said she was very surprised by everything in Sosua thatwe saw as we took a moto down to El Toro. She said that she had never really seen much of Sosua as she always went right home after work.
She was off work the next day, and did spend the night at my condo after dinner. And no dinero directly changed hands.
BUT: She did order the camerones (shrimps - 790 pesos) for dinner.
Total bill at El Toro for appetizers, drinks, wine, dinner, etc was 2100 pesos.

Good Girl #3: We had Pizza and beer at La Bolonga then went back to my condo. She spent the night and also gave me a great massage (she works in a "professional" massage place.
again......no money changed hands........BUT, in the morning, she asked me if I would help her and her mother open their own Salon! :roll:

Photos soon......I return to NY tomorrow!

Nice report, as for girl number two I hate it when they order the expensive shrimp. If you average out the expense between the three though it sounds like you did very well. Damn dude you are becoming a player, congrats.

Apos
01-15-2006, 04:35 PM
good thing no dinero exchanged hands directly...800 peso shrimp for dinner!!!
i hopw she was great in the sack! :twisted: :D

LM
01-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Great report ErikS...looks like you had a great time....hope I get a chance to buy you a Presidente in a few weeks..... :)

gdogg
01-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Great report, Stratton. I'm holding it down until you return. Last night was the first rain since I've been here. It's been raining on and off all day today.

jajalekker
01-20-2006, 08:57 AM

whas she not mad at you for leaving with the other girl??
any picture off the girls there?

ErikS
01-21-2006, 03:20 AM
......any picture off the girls there?

I just posted about 50 pictures in the "Photos and Trip Reports with Pictures" section.

Thread Title is:
Erik Strattons Trip #10 with pictures.

Enjoy!

psriches
01-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Great report, Stratton. I'm holding it down until you return. Last night was the first rain since I've been here. It's been raining on and off all day today.When exactly were you guys down there. We must have just missed each other. Although, we are just returning from DR, we left Sosua on tuesday, jan. 17th.

ErikS
01-21-2006, 12:44 PM
When exactly were you guys down there. We must have just missed each other. Although, we are just returning from DR, we left Sosua on tuesday, jan. 17th.

I rented a condo at the Palms from 5-30 Jan. I used it from 5-16 Jan and then handed it off to Gdogg who arrived on the 16th as i returned to NY.
Gdogg is handing it back to me when I arrive for the "Invasion Weekend", 27-30 Jan..........works out nice when we can all get along and share! :D

psriches
01-21-2006, 01:05 PM
When exactly were you guys down there. We must have just missed each other. Although, we are just returning from DR, we left Sosua on tuesday, jan. 17th.

I rented a condo at the Palms from 5-30 Jan. I used it from 5-16 Jan and then handed it off to Gdogg who arrived on the 16th as i returned to NY.
Gdogg is handing it back to me when I arrive for the "Invasion Weekend", 27-30 Jan..........works out nice when we can all get along and share! :DNICE!!! Just sorry i missed you guys. When the site went down, i lost track of everyone's dates and i didn't return to the site until a couple days ago.

Bug Boy
01-21-2006, 01:24 PM
I been hearing theres a lot of rain down there past few days.

Beads,

Yeah, I've been surprised by how much rain there has been. I thought this was the dry season!

The rain just comes in short bursts though. And usually at night. Very heavy but very quick.

ErikS, Nothing has changed with the weather since you left. It is still raining each night every hour on the hour for 5 or 10 minutes. Only difference it has started every 4 hours or so during the day for 5 or 10 minutes. I have been here 7 days so far and there has been rain every day and every night.

Canadians bring your umbrellas, the one for rain!

Apos
01-21-2006, 01:28 PM
what other kind of umbrella is there :roll: :? :? :? :D

i just get wet or stay where i am...amazing the business a place will do if there are enough stranded patrons there when the rain begins :D

Phoenix
01-21-2006, 02:25 PM

i just get wet or stay where i am...amazing the business a place will do if there are enough stranded patrons there when the rain begins :D

I just sat at Rocky's a few times drinking beer and surfing ISOC. It poured for hours in November. A few minutes is no problem.

JDR
01-21-2006, 02:26 PM

I just sat at Rocky's a few times drinking beer and surfing ISOC. It poured for hours in November. A few minutes is no problem.I missed many a rain storm while surfing the net.

Apos
01-21-2006, 02:37 PM
my last day there in january, the one i bought by paying $120USd to fly from POP to Punta Cana, it rained ALL day. i spent it playing texas hold'em...and having a great time!

Phoenix
01-21-2006, 02:51 PM
When I am in Sosua I like to relax, walk around to different areas, drink beer or look at the ocean and then end the day with a nice siesta. The night is ho time for me though I always leave my self open if I find a must have during the day for a nice price :twisted:

Apos
01-21-2006, 02:57 PM
i had the chica thing prearranged :D she was right on time... 8O

the_Jayman
01-21-2006, 03:12 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm . . . friday friday friday ! !

(it only took me 2 weeks to find this thread :? )

Phoenix
01-21-2006, 03:18 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm . . . friday friday friday ! !

(it only took me 2 weeks to find this thread :? )

You will be in Sosua before you know it!

TMONEY
01-21-2006, 08:05 PM
ErikS, Nothing has changed with the weather since you left. It is still raining each night every hour on the hour for 5 or 10 minutes. Only difference it has started every 4 hours or so during the day for 5 or 10 minutes. I have been here 7 days so far and there has been rain every day and every night.

Canadians bring your umbrellas, the one for rain!

I often give my chica one of those emergency plastic ponchos (available at Walmart in the camping section for 99 cents) in the morning, along with her propina. It is always much appreciated, and pays dividends if I see her again.

gdogg
01-25-2006, 09:43 AM
This is the smallest amount of rain I've ever seen here. It may rain, but it'll stop after five minutes.