PDA

View Full Version : El Mirador

Reel Deal
07-14-2004, 01:47 PM
I used to stay there. It was an all-inclusive place above the bug line in the hills a 1/2 mile or so above Sosua, overlooking the ocean. Lot's of skinny I-Talian types stayed there.

I don't recall it being especially hobby friendly-we had to smuggle girls in.

Is it still there?

I'd like to find a place lenient with the ladies, but not totally monger oriented. What are some suggestions?

BrooklynBeas
07-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Reel ... why dont you stay at One Ocean Place... it is much less whorelike and the grounds are beautiful... no whores hang out there but there is no problem bringing in the girls and there are even families that stay there... nice pool as well... similar rates to the local SOsua hotels and right in the middle of the action ... post or PM me your email address and i will show you a couple of pics of the grounds if I remember to bring my CD in to work with my shitload of DR experience pics on it!!

gtown
07-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Is One Ocean Place chica friendly? Do they have a chica fee?
Thank you

Jimmydr
07-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Is One Ocean Place chica friendly? Do they have a chica fee?
Thank you

Its friendly and no fee :D

rbc100
07-18-2004, 08:47 PM
I stayed at One Ocean Place back in June.Fairly nice apartment type hotel,great pool quite large,beautiful grounds.Cost was $35 per night it was chica freindly with no fees.They check id's only at night.Armed security guard at only entrance at night.It is about 2 blocks from the palace toward downtown.

BrooklynBeas
07-19-2004, 08:03 AM
I was there for a couple of nights and they didnt check any chicas id's... one night came back with happy hour chicas and the guards with guns just said hola and let me go... when they left after the happy hour the guards knocked on my door and asked if i had any problems because i didnt walk them out... scared the shit out of me because when he had his shotgun very close to me he asked if i had a problem... i thought he meant with him but he meant with the chicas because i didnt walk them out like an idiot... he may have thought i was robbed and they jetted on me but i was too tired and kicked them out after i nutted..

P.S. there is a phone in the room which you can hit ("0") if there are any problems and the watchyman will come... as far as he told me...

Silly old Hector
07-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Tried contacting them at 'one.ocean@codetel.net.do' to get further details but no reply.

Anyone else managed to enter into dialogue with them?

nomad
07-25-2004, 11:44 AM
ONe Ocean Place,

It is nice. Good security. Reasonable rates. They rent apartments by the month. Not sure of the rates lately. Judy is the owner. Juday from Judy's where you change money.

Nomad

Reel Deal
07-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Juday from Judy's where you change money.

NomadIs Juday and Judy the same person, or is it a typo?

I've heard a lot about Judy, the money changer...

rbc100
07-25-2004, 11:24 PM
The web site is www.oneoceanplace.com.I got an answer the next day when I contacted them through it. rbc100

Reel Deal
07-26-2004, 07:22 AM
I just read that El Mirador may be one of those resorts that didn't survive 9/11. Too bad. Not a bad place at all...

gtown
07-26-2004, 08:20 AM
url did not work....

Jimmydr
07-26-2004, 08:22 AM
You can PM them on this site they are members!

BrooklynBeas
07-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Juday from Judy's where you change money.

NomadIs Juday and Judy the same person, or is it a typo?

I've heard a lot about Judy, the money changer...

same person, it was a typo

nomad
07-30-2004, 01:27 AM
Yes as Beas said. It was a typo. And yes Judy is a good person.

Nomad