PDA

View Full Version : One Ocean

Reel Deal
07-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Just got an email from Juan at One Ocean, and he quoted me $40 for a nite, and $400 for a month. That monthly rate looks pretty good to me... :shock:

BrooklynBeas
07-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Go for it... i even heard they have airplane parking around the back :D :P

MisterPink
07-15-2004, 03:07 PM
CENSORED

Jimmydr
07-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Reel:
I do not think that "Juan Carlos" exists!
That is the old E mail address from before the hotel was sold.
I will double check it in person tommorow and post it.
$400 seems a little low for a month!
Most hotels that charge $40/night will go as low as $20 a night on a monthly. You have to speak directly to the owner Judy for longer term rates. I actually would rather stay in a condo for over a week.

Last year they were renting rooms for $350 a month.

MisterPink
07-15-2004, 03:39 PM
CENSORED

BrooklynBeas
07-15-2004, 04:34 PM
yeah i thought that 400 was just about right... dont talk like you know what ur sayin unless you really do .. heh j/k :P

Gutter Meat
09-19-2004, 12:52 AM
Stayed at One Ocean from Sept 14th till 18th. Paid for room all 4 days in advance. Upon check out the desk guy tells me I owe for 2 nights!!! I saved my receipt the girl gave me when I checked in and showed it to him and end of conversation. Was it a scam? Maybe yes maybe no. Point is upon check in make sure you get a receipt if you pay in advance.
If you stay at Sosua Palace don't worry about it. John the owner is a guy of trust.

WSJ3
09-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Stayed at One Ocean from Sept 14th till 18th. Paid for room all 4 days in advance. Upon check out the desk guy tells me I owe for 2 nights!!! I saved my receipt the girl gave me when I checked in and showed it to him and end of conversation. Was it a scam? Maybe yes maybe no. Point is upon check in make sure you get a receipt if you pay in advance.
If you stay at Sosua Palace don't worry about it. John the owner is a guy of trust.

Thanks for this post Gutter Meat.

It's posting like this that makes the board a great source of information.

It was probably a scam. Who is going to make a mistake like this?

This is the main reason that I use my credit card to pay for my room. Just in case they try and add additional charges, you can easily dispute.

MisterPink
09-19-2004, 11:39 AM
CENSORED

WSJ3
09-19-2004, 12:08 PM
One Ocean does not take credit cards.

Then they will not get my business.

Gutter Meat
09-19-2004, 01:39 PM
I think along with your safe key & room key they should include a key to get into the side enterance which is close to the main strip. Otherwise after 11pm you have to use the main enterance which is hell of a walk. The side enterance that's close to the main road is a large gate and then when closed also has a small door to use which they lock too. I don't see what the big deal is if they gave their guests the key to the door to get in at night. Nobody will fuck around because security walks around with a shot gun & and the other guard had a mechete. This is the main reason I won't stay their again. If you leave you room after 11pm you have to exit the main enterance which iss far from the main strip and there isn't always a moto concho waiting there for you.

gdogg
09-19-2004, 05:50 PM

Was the desk guy the manager? If not, he should have been notified. We don't need guys like this messing up our trips. Especially one nearly ruined do to a hurricane!

gdogg
09-19-2004, 05:53 PM
I think along with your safe key & room key they should include a key to get into the side enterance which is close to the main strip. Otherwise after 11pm you have to use the main enterance which is hell of a walk. The side enterance that's close to the main road is a large gate and then when closed also has a small door to use which they lock too. I don't see what the big deal is if they gave their guests the key to the door to get in at night. Nobody will fuck around because security walks around with a shot gun & and the other guard had a mechete. This is the main reason I won't stay their again. If you leave you room after 11pm you have to exit the main enterance which iss far from the main strip and there isn't always a moto concho waiting there for you.

That's definitely unsafe. You could be stumbling back late at night and be approached by some pickpocketing chicas. Not good. Does the side entrance at least have some lighting?

MisterPink
09-19-2004, 05:56 PM
CENSORED

gdogg
09-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Naah...I just won't stay there until things change.

Gutter Meat
09-19-2004, 06:29 PM
1st night lots of drinking and now sleeping with chica in my room and at 9am the fucking maid comes in and wakes me up and I'm pissed with a bad hangover. What I don't understand is the place has fuckin door bells that she could of at least rung before taking upon herself to just enter my room without warning. Here I am balls naked with some chica and I got the maid looking at me. I was fuckin pissed and I yelled at her and threw her the fuck out. I thought she would get the hint but she did the same fuckin thing the next day so it was time to inform the front desk. 3rd night my maid and my room was never cleaned.How simple would it be for them to get "do not disurb signs" to put on the outside of the door??? One thing I can't stand is being waken up prematurely. I will be E-mailing One ocean about this. The people at the front desk only spoke spanish.

gdogg
09-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Oh yeah...I can't wait to stay at that place. Excellent customer service!!
:roll:

BrooklynBeas
09-20-2004, 08:37 AM
I guess I dont sleep enough in DR to experience this problem... shit if I sleep 3 hours a night it is ALOT... usually its between 1-2 ... and I dont drink enough in DR to get that bad hangover...

Don Tomas
09-22-2004, 11:24 AM
1st night lots of drinking and now sleeping with chica in my room and at 9am the fucking maid comes in and wakes me up and I'm pissed with a bad hangover. What I don't understand is the place has fuckin door bells that she could of at least rung before taking upon herself to just enter my room without warning. Here I am balls naked with some chica and I got the maid looking at me. I was fuckin pissed and I yelled at her and threw her the fuck out. I thought she would get the hint but she did the same fuckin thing the next day so it was time to inform the front desk. 3rd night my maid and my room was never cleaned.How simple would it be for them to get "do not disurb signs" to put on the outside of the door??? One thing I can't stand is being waken up prematurely. I will be E-mailing One ocean about this. The people at the front desk only spoke spanish.

I'm an exhibitionist and would have just started going for it! :twisted:

psriches
12-29-2004, 03:06 PM
holy shit!! one ocean is now $60 night.... did i get the wrong info? what the fuck??? :?

BrooklynBeas
12-29-2004, 05:03 PM
high season buddy... thats how it works... when i was there a month ago she wanted 50 for a single room and 60 for a double and she knows me and my friends well!!!

Apos
12-29-2004, 07:23 PM
holy shit!! one ocean is now $60 night.... did i get the wrong info? what the fuck??? :?

I know someone that got here a few nights ago and is staying there at $45 per night but I don't know if 1 or 2 BR.

Reel Deal
12-30-2004, 07:52 AM
One Ocean has rooms available? Hell, even the Europa is filled up from what I am told!

JDR
12-30-2004, 07:57 AM
One Ocean has rooms available? Hell, even the Europa is filled up from what I am told!

Mav is there and will check for you!

BrooklynBeas
12-30-2004, 08:44 AM

Mav is there and will check for you!

sometimes occupancy depends on who you are... i was told she had no rooms last trip and when i asked her personally she said she will arrange for two rooms for me and my friends but the rate was a lil more then palace so i stayed at palace

gdogg
01-31-2005, 08:29 PM
Just got this reply:

Subject: Re: Reservation info
Date: 1/31/2005 7:53:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
Reply To:
To: Gdoggatl@aol.com

good morning, ok the rooms rate per nigths is $60 us dollars ok bye

:shock:
Never mind

BigTrick
02-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Just got this reply:

Subject: Re: Reservation info
Date: 1/31/2005 7:53:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
Reply To:
To: Gdoggatl@aol.com

good morning, ok the rooms rate per nigths is $60 us dollars ok bye

:shock:
Never mind

That is kinda pricey......even for the high season. There are plenty other places to stay

BrooklynBeas
02-01-2005, 08:06 AM
$50 for single and $60 for double is what she told me during high season... the place is really beautiful and they have a real pool... not like the palace ballroom... $60 for two guys isnt that bad but not for one person...

gdogg
02-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Well, it's just me and I ain't paying $60! I think I'll be at the Romanoff.
8)