PDA

View Full Version : Fine Dining At La Passion's.....Really!

HombreSucio
10-27-2007, 04:57 PM
yes, that's right. "Fine Dining"!

i had the Pasta Bolognese at La Passion. all i can say is "Delicious". i'm being serious when i say next time in sosua i will eat here a lot more.

where else in sosua can you get a good meal, drinks, dip in the pool, great floor show w/music, warm-blooded beautiful female company and also have them as dessert? :wink:

the Hungarian Goulash looks awsome. did anyone try it?

Apos
10-27-2007, 05:23 PM
4 of us (plus assorted chicas) ate gyro's and chicken...and while it was delicious "going down" :rolleyes:
it gave all of us nasty indigestion and upset stomach. :eek:

(and we found it a touch expensive compared to places like the chicken stand by the Palace :o)
we ordered 3 or 4 whole chickens and 6-8 gyros...we were STARVED! :rolleyes:

the German dud running the place couldn't believe how much we ordered.
we obviously made his week that night. :corky::rofl:

El Drunko
10-27-2007, 05:34 PM
I had the goulash last month, it was OK. Although I thought the boloneese sauce sucked.

The only fantastic food you can get in the DR is the food you bring with you from home. Other than that, its barely liveable. Basicly, it sucks.

whynotme
10-27-2007, 06:19 PM
I had the goulash last month, it was OK. Although I thought the boloneese sauce sucked.

The only fantastic food you can get in the DR is the food you bring with you from home. Other than that, its barely liveable. Basicly, it sucks.

:D thats why i bring three bottles of crown royal for 80 bucks duty free:D

Kevy
10-27-2007, 06:27 PM
We had the Gyros a few weeks back and it was awful.

whynotme
10-27-2007, 06:30 PM
We had the Gyros a few weeks back and it was awful.

definately needed the rye to wash it down:rofl:

the_Jayman
10-27-2007, 08:49 PM
he made a chicken stew and brought small "sample" bowls and it was absolutely delicious ! ! !

but we had just had the spagetti and we're in drinkin mode . . .

El Capitan
10-27-2007, 09:00 PM

Nah, I don't agree....Cheeno seems to know where to go eat and his pictures seem to show some good looking plates of chow.....perhaps you need to look for FOOD in a restaurant dedicated to FOOD instead of a place dedicated to getting you to pay for pussy......

I readily admit I know nothing of the North Coast...however...if you ever get to Santo Domingo and the CZ........

Meson de Bari is excellent as is Meson de Quintana in La Plaza de Hispana.

Meson de Luis and the Cafeteria at Penalba serve great food for a real good price....and the Hard Rock Cafe is right there....with good food served FAST...

OH and the pussy comes to you on the South coast...(at least they do to me)...you'd be amazed what speaking a little Spanish and a plate of french fries will get ya......

Apos
10-27-2007, 09:06 PM
there's lot's of good to excellent food and restaurants all over the DR,
north and south, central, east and west....if you look and care about finding it.:smile:

trying different places, avoiding the obvious grease pits and listening to your local contacts sure helps...
...or having a chica around that can cook:lol:

some of the best meals i've had in the DR have been home cooked...
...and i've been following cheeno around and have been in some excellent restaurants:corky:

there's the secret...follow or go with cheeno!:iconTU::iconTU:

Cuba Libre
10-28-2007, 12:58 AM
4 of us (plus assorted chicas) ate gyro's and chicken...and while it was delicious "going down" :rolleyes:
it gave all of us nasty indigestion and upset stomach. :eek:I had the same experience with the Gyros.

I didn't have the probel with the Goulash.

While the food might not be the best, it gives me a good excuse not to leave Passions!

prtyr2
10-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Not true. There are some very good restaurants in the DR. Maybe not in sosua but in santiago and santo domingo there are a bunch.

The best argentinan steak house I have ever eaten at, and I have eaten at many, is in santiago "Mis Buenos Aires Querido".

Porter House or Davy Crockett in Santo Domingo are very good, especially porterhouse.

Bricciola in CZ has great italian food.

Vesuvio has very good food as well.

Kukaramakare in STI is pretty good and a fun place.

Costelao is a decent Brazilian Barbecue in SDQ.

There are 2 Tony Romas in santo domingo that have good ribs.

Hard rock in sdq and bavaro.

Even Fridays is OK.

Beads
10-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I found the food in the DR to be awesome if you take the time to look and ask around. Theres plenty of good restaurants with tasty and reasonably priced food in every price range.

elsucio
10-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I generally only eat at Passions when i am drinking.... but wait i am usually always drinking while i am there..;-) actually it is really not bad but i would not go there looking to eat.

Beads
10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
when im hungry at LaPassions and want quick food I hit the chicken stand. 100RD and it fills me up.

elsucio
10-28-2007, 09:42 PM
when im hungry at LaPassions and want quick food I hit the chicken stand. 100RD and it fills me up.

There is also a chica who comes around with a notebook who takes orders for food from all the girls, generally pretty good comida Dominicana...

HombreSucio
10-28-2007, 09:45 PM
I generally only eat at Passions when i am drinking.... but wait i am usually always drinking while i am there..;-) actually it is really not bad but i would not go there looking to eat.

that's quite an avitar you've got there. i see you're quite the little piggie! any close-ups?

HombreSucio
10-28-2007, 09:47 PM

and you're sure it's chicken?

Beads
10-28-2007, 10:11 PM
and you're sure it's chicken?

thats what they tell me anyhow :rofl:.

until I see differently ill keep myself convinced its chicken! :rofl: