PDA

View Full Version : Como se dice...?

mroutcall
10-27-2007, 07:03 PM
So I am there in short few days. Just sitting her in the ICU watching patients on their ventilators counting the hours. Question for you guys is how does a non-spanish speaker like myself negotiate with these "aggressive" business women. I cant exactly ask the clerk how to negotiate with a chica in DR next month. I just need a few key phrases to get a fair price;) . I am liking the 1000-1500 range for most chicas. But what do I say to a chica who wants 2000, I mean with out scaring her off.

:rolleyes: Oh and how do you say: "Swallow or its going in your eye" in spanish?

Beads
10-27-2007, 07:24 PM
In Sosua theres plenty of chicas who speak limited to fluent English. Not being able to speak spanish will make things more difficult and limit some of your choices. You will have to deal with more of the hardcore chicas as they will be the ones who understand more english. Unless you hang out with other people who speak spanish and can help you wandering further away from the tourist areas will find the cheaper less hardcore chicas but you will have a much harder time communicating with them.

Apos
10-27-2007, 07:30 PM
So I am there in short few days. Just sitting her in the ICU watching patients on their ventilators counting the hours. Question for you guys is how does a non-spanish speaker like myself negotiate with these "aggressive" business women. I cant exactly ask the clerk how to negotiate with a chica in DR next month. I just need a few key phrases to get a fair price;) . I am liking the 1000-1500 range for most chicas. But what do I say to a chica who wants 2000, I mean with out scaring her off.

:rolleyes: Oh and how do you say: "Swallow or its going in your eye" in spanish?Trague o entre su ojo! :eek::rofl:

WSJ3
10-27-2007, 07:54 PM
I think there is a phrase thread somewhere on ISOC. Don Tomas and the crew put it together.

But it does help if you can speak the language...just practice/learn a few words a day.

the_Jayman
10-27-2007, 08:10 PM
leche = male ejaculate

aqui = here

It's all about the charades for us non-spanish speaking drunks

Me Leche aqui (then point)

no problema ? ? ?

it's all about the charades ! ! !

I'll bet you know more spanish than you think and when combined with charades and her few english words it's a TON OF FUN to converse ! ! !

denero = money

mil = thousand

mas = much

dos mil is mucho mas denero ! ! ! Uno mil or Hasta la bye-bye ! ! !

Ingus_Khan
10-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Pimsleur is great for getting basic conversational spanish quickly in 30 min. chunks. do a search of the site on "language" or "spanish" and you will see a thread on how to download the files if they are still online. You will also find lots of phrases in old threads with that same search.

My first trip with lots of up front negotiations did not go as well as my second trip with little to no negotiations up front. I did however work on my Spanish in between. Could have been dumb luck.:)

have fun.

:rolleyes: Oh and how do you say: "Swallow or its going in your eye" in spanish?

mroutcall
10-27-2007, 08:51 PM
nice... mami, trague leche! I am learning. :rofl:

eastcoastallstar
10-27-2007, 11:03 PM
All you really need is
Hola mami
un mil
vamos

PapiQueRico
10-28-2007, 02:41 AM
leche = male ejaculate

aqui = here

It's all about the charades for us non-spanish speaking drunks

Me Leche aqui (then point)

no problema ? ? ?

it's all about the charades ! ! !

I'll bet you know more spanish than you think and when combined with charades and her few english words it's a TON OF FUN to converse ! ! !

denero = money

mil = thousand

mas = much

dos mil is mucho mas denero ! ! ! Uno mil or Hasta la bye-bye ! ! !

This means "two thousand is a lot more money."

I believe the word you are looking for is demasiato. I make no claims about spelling it correctly.

Donny Boy
10-28-2007, 03:03 AM
mroutcall

when you heading to Sousa, maybe the two of us limited spanish speakers can have some fun..

As Hempstead says "Mas tarde"

Bug Boy
10-28-2007, 04:30 AM

I believe the word you are looking for is demasiato. I make no claims about spelling it correctly.

Demasiado, the first word I commited to memory.

I still want to know how to say "get the fuck out!"

mroutcall
10-28-2007, 06:26 AM
Whats a blumpkin? :confused: every boston chick knows it a bbj while taking a dump.

So in DR, how about local slang... you know like understood terminology for torrid sex acts. Not necessarily a blumpkin but like a plain old BBJ or something else tamed like that.

</IMG>

El Capitan
10-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Geeeezuz, I just figured out WHY some are paying $2500DRP short term! (joke)

Remember these latinas try to be tough but come from a society where getting backhanded is part of the culture. (NO you can't but the boyfriends DO!) Be firm in your posture and demeanor...YOU are the man and they know we are top dog....be nice and legs will spread wide......

Spelling is phonetic

Kwan-toe quest-tah = How much?

AL toe-doe lah know-che = All night

Poe-koe tee-em-poe = A little while

una hora - one hour

dos horas - 2 hours

quaatroe horas - 4 hours

kee-nee-entoe= 500
un meel= 1000
un meel kee-nee-entoe= 1500
dos meel= 2000
dos meel kee-nee-entoe= 2500

Anything bigger than that is TOO MUCH MONEY....No matter what SHE says always cut it in half...if she says "dos meel", tell her "un meel".....

Rather than trying to make them think you are the spunk machine, try being cool (suave) with them...they know you want to shoot a load, you don't have to tell them....

Que el-lay-gan-tay = Is an accepted "hit" meaning "How elegant or classy"

Que bay-yah = Is how beautiful/pretty (Bow-knee-tah = pretty as well)

NO = NO

No gracias, tay vaz = No thanks, you go/leave

cone too ameegaa = With your friend

Your reality is....you have chosen to visit a land where

1) You don't speak the language
2) Don't know the culture
3) Don't know the 'hood
4) Got NO friends
5) Are showing up with a "phat" wallet and NO GAME.....

Do yourself a favor, stay in the well lit, GRINGO areas, you get to ride the same ride everyone else does and nothing more.

eldorob
10-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Your reality is....you have chosen to visit a land where

1) You don't speak the language
2) Don't know the culture
3) Don't know the 'hood
4) Got NO friends
5) Are showing up with a "phat" wallet and NO GAME.....

Do yourself a favor, stay in the well lit, GRINGO areas, you get to ride the same ride everyone else does and nothing more.

Hey Doc
The above is very true, but don't let that stop you. Thousands of others have done the same thing (incl me). Just use some common sense.

And burn this one into your memory...
No gracias, tay vaz = No thanks, you go/leave .....trust me, those girls can see fresh meat from a mile away, and they can hound the crap out of you...they see it in your eyes, your a newbie, they know it and and they will be very persistant...as for me, the last thing I want on vacation is to have some fat ugly chica with a gut bigger then mine fondling my boys and wasting my time....

When do you land?

BCell
10-28-2007, 10:30 AM
tengo solo... = I only have...

pero no es justo = but it's not fair

necessito renegociar = I need to renegotiate

keep it simple and don't forget - pay after services are rendered and outside of your room.

Elvis
10-28-2007, 10:38 AM
This is how you say it

Traga mi leche o va en tus ojos !

Elvis
10-28-2007, 10:40 AM

Yes, demasiado should be used in that statement.. So it should be said
"dos mil es demasiado"

Elvis
10-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Demasiado, the first word I commited to memory.

I still want to know how to say "get the fuck out!"

Fuck translates to joder, follar

When translating, it doesn't come out right

So you could say - Vete y jodete ! "Out and go fuck yourself !"

the_Jayman
10-28-2007, 11:40 AM

Shut up jackson ! ! ! :rofl:

Bug Boy
10-28-2007, 01:25 PM

LOL I like that better.:rofl: :rofl:

El Capitan
10-28-2007, 03:27 PM

Tell them (phonetically again) Vey-ah-teh, sing-gah-te (or just "sing-gah)

It means You go/leave, fuck you!

Singar (not sure on the spelling) is FUCK when addressing someone I am told by my Cuban connection.

But I have to say, I've NEVER had to be rude to the Nikas....a little firm but NEVER rude to them.....

elsucio
10-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Tell them (phonetically again) Vey-ah-teh, sing-gah-te (or just "sing-gah)

It means You go/leave, fuck you!

Singar (not sure on the spelling) is FUCK when addressing someone I am told by my Cuban connection.

But I have to say, I've NEVER had to be rude to the Nikas....a little firm but NEVER rude to them.....

Its chingar which is spanish verb "to conjucate", it is used commonly in Mexico and Texas as well

El Capitan
10-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Maybe that's how the wetbacks say it....but the raft rowers (CUBANS) are clearly hissing SSSSSSSSSinga......ja ja ja

elsucio
10-28-2007, 06:17 PM
For the hardcores

?estas loca?- are you crazy?
soy no pendejo- i am no dumbass
vete or dejame- leave me, the first time usually gets a "por favor"
estoy esperando para una amiga mio- i am waiting on a friend (chica)
no voy comprar unos bebidos(o algo a tomar) para ti - i am not buying any drinks for you

of course i usually i try graciously let them know i am not intrested before getting rude, usually a "gracias, no" with a look and wave of the finger and they get the message

Elvis
10-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Perhaps the cubans say it, but it's not something most spanish speaking people say. Jodete is the right word ! Singa is a universal word for FUCK, as well, but it doesn't fit well with vete (go away).

Another way to say go fuck yourself would be "vete a la mierda"

Btw, what's up with the wetback comment ??

Elvis
10-28-2007, 06:35 PM
For the hardcores

?estas loca?- are you crazy?
soy no pendejo- i am no dumbass
vete or dejame- leave me, the first time usually gets a "por favor"
estoy esperando para una amiga mio- i am waiting on a friend (chica)
no voy comprar unos bebidos(o algo a tomar) para ti - i am not buying any drinks for you

of course i usually i try graciously let them know i am not intrested before getting rude, usually a "gracias, no" with a look and wave of the finger and they get the message

A few corrections

No soy pendejo !
Estoy esperando a un(a) amigo(a)
No voy a comprar bebidas o algo para tomar para ti

El Capitan
10-28-2007, 07:20 PM
No offense meant with any comment (wetback or otherwise)

Mexican, Tejano, Cubano, South America, Spain....DR, all have certain ways of saying things..come to So FLO to hear some street Spanglish

Just a heads up.....when in the DR, I tell them to call me "Gringo"....you should see the looks that gets...."Gringo" historically is a "bad word", a demeaning word for Americans........yet all my Cuban friends have used it endearingly for years........don't look for issues in such a fun place

We're all here to help!

mroutcall
10-28-2007, 11:12 PM
El Capitan, First I am a spunk machine, thank you. :mrgreen: The phrase notes are appreciated.

But you've got it twisted, I am not a GRINGO. Espanol...took years and years of it in NYC public schools, but who's actually conversational after that? And in reality I speak about as much spanish as any New York physician does. You are forced to learn when working in areas like Washington Heights. I can carry on a conversation, especially if you happened to have been stabbed, shot, or may require emergency surgery. Something like 60-80 percent of the saturday night knife and gun club members are only spanish speaking during the summer months. Thus my knowledge of the 'hood' and/or culture, may be more than you know, or care to.

I still maintain when it comes to women:
1. Nice and sweet is for your wife
2. Suave is for the new mistress
3. Game if for the silly young nurses and the like
5. Cash and jizz is for hoes

It works that way around the globe, who could ask for anything more;)
</IMG></IMG>

El Capitan
10-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Well bro, mi espanol es de la escuela y las calles de Central y Sud America....y Cuba tambien.......if you got some lingo you may see some lengua

Unfortunately while some parts of the DR may be the "Knife and Gun Club", you're going to visit clubs where there are nothing but "silly, young" women who like a little game...who you should probably treat like mistresses...... because there are a lot of guys with ca$h and jizz fo da hoes.....

The better you treat them, the better your chances at pulling a pure bred from the litter of mutts.

I offer this advice only from experience...having spent 27 weeks in the DR this year (with weeks 28 & 29 already booked!)....I have never had to pull puta from a casa or a club (I only take out Chinese food)........

You'll find the hunt for cunt and trophy ass is a lot different in the streets, than in the sausage factories and fuck palaces....

Buenas suerte y bien viaje doctor!

Jimmydr
10-29-2007, 09:12 AM
The better you treat them, the better your chances at pulling a pure bred from the litter of mutts.

Some need to be treated like shit to get results.