PDA

View Full Version : Zacarias Ferreira in NYC...right now!

Apos
10-28-2007, 02:22 AM
just got a message from Magnum that Zacarias Ferreira is playing in a club in NYC...
...where Magnum, the lucky muthafucka is at! :eek::corky::rofl:

Magnum
10-29-2007, 07:54 AM
just got a message from Magnum that Zacarias Ferreira is playing in a club in NYC...
...where Magnum, the lucky muthafucka is at! :eek::corky::rofl:

Zacarias Ferreira did play at a club called Amazura on Saturday night. The club is located in Jamaica, Queens on 144th place right off of Jamaica Avenue. It was my first time there and I am not sure what they do at this place when they do not have a performer because the place is HUGE! The dance floor is almost the size of a basketball court. Anthony Santos was there earlier in the month and Aventura will be there in early November.

On Saturday night Aquakate opened up for Zacarias and played for about an hour and then Zac came on around 0325 or so and played past 0430. His performance was OUTSTANDING. His voice was like you were listening to his CD....sounded exactly the same which is not the case most times when you go to see someone live. It was the same as when I saw Marc Anthony (yes...yes....I also saw J Lo as well....no choice....she just happened to be there :)) a few weeks back - he was great!

It was not as crowded as I thought is would be - I guess the size of the place made it feel like that....but there were a lot of single women there surprisingly enough dancing with themselves in stead of with the single guys that were there who basically stood on the side lines - fools that they were. Also surprising was that it was not a predominantly Dominican crowd. My GF is Salvadorian and she said most of the people appeared to be from Central America (Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, etc) and Mexico - how is it that people from there can tell that? I am sure that the place will be overflowing with single women when Aventura is there in 2 weeks.

He sang all of his big hits....Tan Deficil (twice)....Avispa...Dime que falto...etc etc...it was pretty cool dancing Bachata and then looking up to your right and Zac is 10 feet away from you singing it live!

HombreSucio
10-29-2007, 10:08 AM
everyone says i'm crazy, but i like zacarias better than antony santos, who is fuckin' great, too!

i live very close to washington heights/inwood and the bronx and see concert announcments in store windows. i'll keep my eyes peeled and report.

my favorite thing (after pussy) is driving thru lily white neighborhoods (i'm ABC = american born caucasian) and blast bachata with the windows down. some of the puzzled looks i get are great! matter of fact i do the same thing in latin neighborhoods and get the same confused reaction! bottom line is the chicas don't look at me as so much of a gringo and that makes it easier to get their attention!

ChicaSeeka
10-29-2007, 10:57 AM
I smell an ISOC outing in the works, I can be in washington heights in 15 minutes from my place, as a matter of fact I went over to Malecon restaurant yesterday on Broadway for Take out chicken, rice, beans and platinos...............

HombreSucio
10-29-2007, 11:56 AM
I smell an ISOC outing in the works, I can be in washington heights in 15 minutes from my place, as a matter of fact I went over to Malecon restaurant yesterday on Broadway for Take out chicken, rice, beans and platinos...............

i know the place. i've eatin there! several other good places further up b'way. one place has karoke on wednesday nights. corner of b'way & nagle.

it's 15 minutes from my place, too, but from the north. i think you met a couple guys from my crew in sosua last week. we hit the dance joints in the heights, inwood and the bronx. they don't get going till 1:30 am and pop till 4:00 am. as you know.... mainly dominican!

now you've got an open invitation to hook-up with us!