PDA

View Full Version : Newbie first trip to POP Help!!!

Kennilingus
10-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Hey guys,

I'm a newbie here, and I'm off to Puerto Plata for the first time in Mid November.

I've read several posts of where not to go, and I really appreciate the heads up.

I'm staying at an AI, and would really appreciate some direction as to where I can go for a hassle free, affodable experience or 12!!

Thanks,
Kennilingus

If it isn't for eating it wouldn't look like a taco!!!

Beads
10-29-2007, 12:36 AM
ummm ditch the AI and stay in Sosua. Consider whatever you paid up front a loss and use the plane ticket to get you to POP airport. Just dont show up at Playa Dorado complex tell the taxi to go the other way!

Get a cheap room at the New Garden if possible or Rockys since its walking distance. Read the board for where to eat, find chicas, and exchange money.

and learn not to book an AI next time!

HAMMERHEAD
10-29-2007, 12:49 AM
If you like shooting fish in a barrel then try BLACKBEARDS you'll have a blast and take a day trip to sosua to check out the scene....:mrgreen:

remyman41
10-29-2007, 01:35 AM
what are your dates, if you look at the ISOC calendar, you may find several individuals there, during you stay.

Kennilingus
10-29-2007, 07:40 AM
what are your dates, if you look at the ISOC calendar, you may find several individuals there, during you stay.

I'll be arriving on 14 Nov 07, and leaving on 21Nov07.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I 'll be making a day trip to Sosua on day 1, check it out, and go from there.

Thanks for the 411 Hammerhead, I'll be putting that to good use !!!:biggrin:

Thanks,
Kennilingus

weyland
10-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Don't go to Diadora Massage on the main road near Playa Dorada. It's a rip-off joint for AI guys. Are you committed to staying in the AI? With family? Or with other male friends who share your interests? The advantage of the latter is back-up for safety and sharing on taxis. Speak Spanish? Confident at going it alone on public transport? Is your time completely your own? In which case hooking up with ISOC veterans might be your best option.

Can you dance? Young? Reasonable looking? Confident at picking up non-pros or semi-pros on the dance floor? There are pick-up places inside Playa Dorada such as Mangu disco, but too easy to get scammed there unless you are street-wise.

It is really all down to your budget. If you have plenty of money you could take relatively expensive putas from Cristal or Galactico and take a cab to a cabaña (like a comfortable motel room but specifically designed for short stay erotic encounters, say 3 or 4 hours).

We need a lot more info to advise you properly.

Kennilingus
10-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Don't go to Diadora Massage on the main road near Playa Dorada. It's a rip-off joint for AI guys. Are you committed to staying in the AI? With family? Or with other male friends who share your interests? The advantage of the latter is back-up for safety and sharing on taxis. Speak Spanish? Confident at going it alone on public transport? Is your time completely your own? In which case hooking up with ISOC veterans might be your best option.

Can you dance? Young? Reasonable looking? Confident at picking up non-pros or semi-pros on the dance floor? There are pick-up places inside Playa Dorada such as Mangu disco, but too easy to get scammed there unless you are street-wise.

It is really all down to your budget. If you have plenty of money you could take relatively expensive putas from Cristal or Galactico and take a cab to a cabaña (like a comfortable motel room but specifically designed for short stay erotic encounters, say 3 or 4 hours).

We need a lot more info to advise you properly.

Thank you!! I'm 45, travelling alone. No ties to anything or anyone. I'm a big guy 5' 8" 280 lbs. I speak very little spanish. Just the raw basics, not enough for a real conversation by any means. I'm not tied to the AI at all, and my total budget is about $300/day. I have no problems with going it alone on public transportation. I can dance, I'm not much of a pickup artist at home, so with the language barrier added ... realistically probably not a great option. Staying at the Oasis Marien.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out here. The input you've already given me will make my trip much more of a success already.

Thanks again

Thanks,
Kennilingus

Jimmydr
10-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Try reading a few trip reports. Start with EricS and work your way down.

remyman41
10-29-2007, 08:54 AM
If you will be on the 1:35 pm flight out of Miami let me know, we can talk at the airport. If not I know I will be at La Passions Bar and Spa in Sosua on the 15th about 3pm, or in the Bar Area at BlackBeards, near Puerto Plata(Costambar) around 5pm on the 19th.

weyland
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
my total budget is about $300/day.
Is that spending money after you have already paid for your flight and AI?

Jeez! That's RD$10000 a day! For that money you could open your own brothel! I got upset if I averaged over RD$3000 a day. Allow 60 pesos for your return publico to Sosúa. That leaves RD$9940 per day. Yep, I think you could just about manage to have a good time on that. With that money you could just take a girl from La Pasion to a cabaña every night and/or day and be more or less guaranteed a good time with minimal risk and aggravation.

eldorob
10-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Can you dance? Young? Reasonable looking? .

don't worry, Weyland likes girls...

weyland
10-29-2007, 01:06 PM
don't worry, Weyland likes girls...
Yeah, but I like guys with fat wallets even more!

Bug Boy
10-29-2007, 01:13 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I think I 'll be making a day trip to Sosua on day 1, check it out, and go from there.

Thanks,
Kennilingus

Hey Kennilingus,

I'll be flying in on the 18th -22nd. It's also my first trip to DR. I'll be at Club Residencial in Sosua for the duration. My days are pretty well booked for golf but let me know if you want to hook up for a drink at Clasicos.

:) Just 19 more days and a wake up!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

weyland
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
I'll be at Club Residencial in Sosua for the duration. My days are pretty well booked for golf
There's the perfect solution! TittyTwister is staying in Sosúa (many miles from a golf course) but wants to play golf all day. Kennilingus is staying at Playa Dorada (which has its own golf course) but wants to fuck chicas all day. Just exchange hotel bookings, guys!

Bug Boy
10-29-2007, 01:52 PM
There's the perfect solution! TittyTwister is staying in Sosúa (many miles from a golf course) but wants to play golf all day. Kennilingus is staying at Playa Dorada (which has its own golf course) but wants to fuck chicas all day. Just exchange hotel bookings, guys!

Is kinda bass ackwards isn't it.
I'd fly 6000 miles to play a golf course but I want pussy at my front door.

My trip is practice for my retirement........... golf all day, come home and fuck all night.

Kennilingus
10-30-2007, 10:31 PM
If you will be on the 1:35 pm flight out of Miami let me know, we can talk at the airport. If not I know I will be at La Passions Bar and Spa in Sosua on the 15th about 3pm, or in the Bar Area at BlackBeards, near Puerto Plata(Costambar) around 5pm on the 19th.

Hey Remyman,

I'll see you at La Passions Bar on the 15th!!

Words cannot express how happy I am to have discovered ISOC, you guys rock!!! I've never been so excited about a trip in my life!!!

15 more sleeps ...

Kennilingus
10-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Try reading a few trip reports. Start with EricS and work your way down.

Well I read a couple of the reports, and I'm wired ... can't wait!!!

BTW ... EricS has irrevokable god status with me ... What a trip report!!!

15 more sleeps ...

Kennilingus
10-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey Kennilingus,

I'll be flying in on the 18th -22nd. It's also my first trip to DR. I'll be at Club Residencial in Sosua for the duration. My days are pretty well booked for golf but let me know if you want to hook up for a drink at Clasicos.

I'd like that ... my schedule is open. Name the day and time and I'll see you there.

BTW ... Whats a "soapy"?

15 more sleeps...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ChicaSeeka
10-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey Remyman,

I'll see you at La Passions Bar on the 15th!!

Words cannot express how happy I am to have discovered ISOC, you guys rock!!! I've never been so excited about a trip in my life!!!

15 more sleeps ...

You are not as excited as the girl's will be to see some freash pesos in town, after the rains.... have a blast,

I may be lurking in town myself..:eek:

Bug Boy
11-03-2007, 12:34 PM
I'd like that ... my schedule is open. Name the day and time and I'll see you there.

BTW ... Whats a "soapy"?

15 more sleeps...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey man, times getting close isn't it! My flight gets in @ 4:30 and I figure I'll make it to Sosua by 5:30 and Passions by 5:32:D

Shoot me a PM and we'll work out something. Ought to be interesting....... the blind leading the blind.:rofl:

Corrado
11-03-2007, 01:32 PM

Thanks,
Kennilingus

Thank you!! I'm 45, travelling alone. No ties to anything or anyone. I'm a big guy 5' 8" 280 lbs. I speak very little spanish. Just the raw basics, not enough for a real conversation by any means. I'm not tied to the AI at all, and my total budget is about $300/day. I have no problems with going it alone on public transportation. I can dance, I'm not much of a pickup artist at home, so with the language barrier added ... realistically probably not a great option. Staying at the Oasis Marien.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out here. The input you've already given me will make my trip much more of a success already.

Thanks again

Thanks,
Kennilingus

I'm there from Nov 10-25. If you want to roll send me a PM. I'm going to all the spots mentioned on the board and all the spots not mentioned. If you have a tolerance for places off the beaten path you are welcome to come along.

Young Hero
11-04-2007, 09:18 AM
I'll be arriving the 13th for my second visit. You maybe a newbie (myself included), but you'll be a more informed one. Send me a pm if you want to meet up. Sounds like there will be quite a few members in town. La Passions on the 15th sounds good to me, and I may throw in a visit to the BB'S. FYI - I'll be at the NG.

weyland
11-04-2007, 10:38 AM
I'll be arriving the 13th for my second visit. You maybe a newbie (myself included), but you'll be a more informed one. Send me a pm if you want to meet up. Sounds like there will be quite a few members in town. La Passions on the 15th sounds good to me, and I may throw in a visit to the BB'S. FYI - I'll be at the NG.
Have a great trip, Young Hero!

Damn! I am so jealous of your handle. I wish I had called myself that!

Young Hero
11-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks Weyland! I thought it sounded better than Young Zero which btw is available. I'm alway's on the look out for a trusty sidekick in my fight against the evil puta and her ever so powerful and over priced p**** preying upon the sweet, innocent, and niave newbie. Young Hero fighting for truth, justice, and the monger way. Alas, I'm off to the gym to prepare myself physically for this upcoming battle.

BrooklynBeas
11-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Kennilingus, The best bet for you is Passions Massage Parlor and spa in Sosua... The owner is on this site, (jensenspecial) and he is a great guy... You will not have any issues or any sour attitudes from the women there... Its a great start for sure and they have rooms in the back for everything u need if you dont wanna take the girls out to a hotel and cant bring them to your place... I barely remember my first trip to DR... Ive been there 15 times in just under 4 years... You will become addicted for sure, especially if you have no ties back at home... Enjoy feeling like the kid in a candy store and get ready to plan some more trips! :)

NJ_Hobby
11-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I agree. La Passion is a great place and Peter's got your back if there is any drama. Someone asked about a "Soapy" - it's essentially a soapsuds bodyrub/bodyslide with BBBJ - lots of fun. 1300 pesos, I think (~$40). Straight massage with BBBJ 1000 pesos (~$30). Other options as well including take-out - just ask when you are there.

Not to scare anyone, but I've personally observed a lot of chica drama and have read about much more (ie. chicas renegotiating rates as soon as the door closes, throwing things around in the room, etc). I just read a post today about a guy getting his cash and credit cards stolen by some chica. Some guys are bettter at handling this drama than others - I'm kind of new myself.

Going with La Passions virtually eliminates the chances of chica drama. However, I've also met some really nice chicas on the streets as well.

Be safe. Passport and pesos in the safe. Hide the key. Read the posts and ask for advice. Be friendly. Head on over to La Passion to begin your vacation. And have a great time !!!

Kennilingus
11-13-2007, 08:48 PM
The countdown is all but over ... tommorow night I get in late.

I'm looking forward to meeting Peter and his staff (or should I say employees) on Thursday afternoon!!!

Thanks again for allowing me to drink from your collective fountain of knoweldge. I will apply it in the spirit it was given.

Have Leche ... time to travel. Will report upon my return!!!

Kennilingus

Bug Boy
11-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Hey Ken,
Hope you see this before you leave. Sunday night at Classicos. I'll be the one trying to line up a harem to take to my room!!!:D :D

Kennilingus
11-15-2007, 09:11 PM
After checking out the website, and researching the posts I thought I was ready ... now that I'm here I have to tell you that after meeting a few of the dominican women I respect them far too much to ever degrade them by doing what I origonally came here to do.

OK enough horseshit ... after my first full day here ... I'm not sure if I am the King ... or just the most popular rockstar on the island!!!!

I have made mistakes (minor ones) and still I have had the most amazing day of my life ... thanks to the information from you guys at ISOC :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My question about the soapy has been answered!!! Peters palace ... La Passions is a dream come true.

More later, I must get some rest (or something).

Kennilingus

snowtreader
11-16-2007, 01:51 AM
Hey Kennilingus, still there?

Something tells me he'll come back to this thread a different person.

NJ_Hobby
11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Kennilingus

Hey ... Glad you're having a good time. You are Mick Jagger down there. I'll be down there in about a week !!

Kennilingus
12-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey Kennilingus, still there?

Something tells me he'll come back to this thread a different person.

You nailed that on the head ... many things changed!

The most amazing change is that somewhere between day 2 and 4 I got my balls back ... the ones I somehow lost during 8 years of marriage, and the following 5 years of fighting!!!

Thanks to this trip and all who played a part in it's success ... I'm alive again!!!

For those of you thinking of going to the DR ... this is not the time for thinking ... go now!!!

LM
12-26-2007, 03:44 PM
You nailed that on the head ... many things changed!

The most amazing change is that somewhere between day 2 and 4 I got my balls back ... the ones I somehow lost during 8 years of marriage, and the following 5 years of fighting!!!

Thanks to this trip and all who played a part in it's success ... I'm alive again!!!

For those of you thinking of going to the DR ... this is not the time for thinking ... go now!!!

Glad to see that you had a marvellous time on your first trip to the DR....

The North Coast/Sosua can be a real eye-opener or should I say "fly-opener"....:lol:

B_J_Lover
12-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Don't you just love newbies? It's a whole 'nother world out there after marriage and "relationships". I'm glad I was ignorant in my 20s, cuz I would have OD'd by now.