PDA

View Full Version : Frandy Sax In NJ Tonight - Fri Nov 2

NJ_Hobby
11-02-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm going to try to catch Frandy Sax tonight at the JJ Cafe in Perth Amboy New Jersey. I don't know too much about Frandy Sax - but it came up when I was searching for some Antony Santos live shows - and I've watched some of the MySpace videos.

I don't know much about the Club either. It's quite possible I'll be the only Gringo.

Some of you who know me know that I'm a sax player as well.

I've attached a flyer I swiped - but here's some info: JJ Cafe 270 Madison Ave Perth Amboy NJ 732-826-7878 Showtime around 11:00 PM (?) $25 (?)

NJ_Hobby
11-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Fun show. Got there about 9:30 and there was some kind of Democratic Convention in progress. Listened to the Assemblymen and worked on my Spanish language comprehension. After that and some dancing the crowd pretty much disipated - slowly replaced by the younger, more informally dressed club crowd. The Band started to set up about 11:30 and Frandy Sax and the other band mates started playing about 12:30 AM. Good technical player. Very fast. Typical frenetic Merengue music. I was about 5 feet away from the stage.

Dominican crowd. I was the only Gringo. Some hot chicas. But none came up and talked with me. This is the United States, baby - not Clasicos !! Still, if I closed my eyes I could almost feel like I was back in the Latin Club - where I was a week ago.

No chicas - or hookups (for me, anyway). Still, a fun time watching the band and the expressive dancing of the Dominican culture.

2 pics attached.