PDA

View Full Version : Breakast ot PJ's

Jimmydr
04-09-2004, 10:36 AM
The have the hottest waitresses in town and you can sit by the curb and watch all the people go by, you never know what you may see walk by, now do you? :shock:

the_Jayman
04-16-2004, 11:00 AM
We had breakfast here almost every morning.

Fantastic ham and cheese omelet with choice of potato, fresh fruit, toast, bread, soda and juice = 150 DR pesos.

Have a great time chica watching from your table.

Gutter Meat
05-13-2004, 12:41 AM
This place got me sick!!! :cry:

Jimmydr
05-13-2004, 08:39 AM
This place got me sick!!! :cry:

I have eaten here over 50 times in the last 4 years. Maybe it was your drinking that did you in? :D

the_Jayman
06-09-2004, 09:15 PM
hey Jimmy . . spill the beans . . . didn't you have cheese cake here?

HAH :shock:

Jimmydr
06-10-2004, 08:26 AM
hey Jimmy . . spill the beans . . . didn't you have cheese cake here?

HAH :shock:

No I had the cheese cake elsewhere! :P

Shadow Dweller
06-11-2004, 10:01 AM
http://sanfordandhawley.com/pj.jpg

passasabe
09-10-2004, 08:38 AM
oh man, have the fantactic cheese- ham- veggie omelette across the street at La Rocca `s with toast , marmelade coffee juice for only
RD $ 85....and the waitresses are just as sweet and the view on the higher veranda much better ....
PJ`s went nuts with their prices and all the bullshit tax charging....
La Rocca also has got a lunch menu for "Residents"...just ask for the members menu ..only RD$ 125 and you got 14 dishes to pick from...
LL Cool

BrooklynBeas
09-10-2004, 09:03 AM
oh man, have the fantactic cheese- ham- veggie omelette across the street at La Rocca `s with toast , marmelade coffee juice for only
RD $ 85....and the waitresses are just as sweet and the view on the higher veranda much better ....
PJ`s went nuts with their prices and all the bullshit tax charging....
La Rocca also has got a lunch menu for "Residents"...just ask for the members menu ..only RD$ 125 and you got 14 dishes to pick from...
LL Cool

LLCool... Speaking of the greatest of all time... La Roca is one of my favorites as wel... from the lemonade to the garlic bread you cant go wrong with anything you eat there... i was never sick and always satisfied... that is my #1 eatery in Sosua... and right down the block from the beach when breakfast is over... PJ's is only good if its 4 am and your hungry after leaving Latino Club...

WSJ3
09-10-2004, 09:18 AM
http://sanfordandhawley.com/pj.jpg

I have eaten here and had no problems.

The trick is to bring some Pepto Bismol and Mylanta down with you and take a few swigs before you eat.

Using the WSJ3 method I have never been sick in DR.

Jimmydr
09-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Not really, just spend 50 plus days a year in this country and your system adjusts. :(

vak
09-10-2004, 10:20 AM
I used to always have breakfast there. The girls are way cute, but I tried flirting and they looked at me like I was speaking English. Got a little quesy a few times, so I think Rocky's is my new breakfast joint.

BrooklynBeas
09-10-2004, 10:35 AM
I used to always have breakfast there. The girls are way cute, but I tried flirting and they looked at me like I was speaking English. Got a little quesy a few times, so I think Rocky's is my new breakfast joint.

Rockys takes too long and the bill for my cheese omlet and lemonade including tip and taxes was $200 rd... in other words it would cost me about $6 for beakfast in the DR... i get it cheaper in NY and it tastes better here and doesnt take an hour for eggs

Jimmydr
09-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Rockys takes too long ... i get it cheaper in NY and it tastes better here and doesnt take an hour for eggs

That was fast, usually I am on the internet an 1 and a half before I get my stuff there. :D

BrooklynBeas
09-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Rockys takes too long ... i get it cheaper in NY and it tastes better here and doesnt take an hour for eggs

That was fast, usually I am on the internet an 1 and a half before I get my stuff there. :D

Maybe it was a lil longer or maybe it was because i complained or maybe cause i didnt even go over to a computer and just sat at my table... the experience was not one of my great ones in DR

vagabond
09-10-2004, 02:07 PM
To eat breakfast again at Rockys is totally out of the question. I'm not even close to have that patience. Besides that I think the food is not good enough to justifie the price you pay.

Jimmydr
09-10-2004, 02:11 PM
To eat breakfast again at Rockys is totally out of the question. I'm not even close to have that patience. Besides that I think the food is not good enough to justifie the price you pay.

French Toast including coffee, 1 hour 15 minutes only 80 pesos, which was $2.16. Good enough for me. :D

Don Tomas
09-10-2004, 02:14 PM
I realize I am not a morning person but I had breakfast twice at Rocky's last time I was in Sosua (July).

I liked the greasy-spoon taste of the food and I don't think I waited more then 10-15 minutes. The only thing that was different was my breakfast was at 11ish. :D

Usually fucking or sleeping at 8am but if I'm up early one time I will try to get breakfast, maybe the cook is like me and doesn't fully wake up until around noon. :lol:

MisterPink
09-10-2004, 02:18 PM
CENSORED

jd_mine
09-10-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm not crazy about Rockys either. It just takes too fucking long and the quality is not consistent.
I've had great schnitzles and ribs there, but also really bad ones.
The bartender Ted is a nice guy though.....

Jimmydr
09-10-2004, 03:59 PM
I only eat breakfast because their internet rates are 40 pesos an hour with free coffee and their fries are good.

gdogg
09-10-2004, 05:18 PM
I go for the internet, so when the food finally gets there...I'm happy. I'd never go there when I'm absolutely STARVING.

gdogg
09-10-2004, 05:20 PM
We had breakfast here almost every morning.

Fantastic ham and cheese omelet with choice of potato, fresh fruit, toast, bread, soda and juice = 150 DR pesos.

Have a great time chica watching from your table.

Most excellent place to people watch. I never had the breakfast, but got sick two of the four times I ate there (late night). The chicken burger was pretty good and left me sick-free.

WSJ3
09-10-2004, 06:28 PM
gdogg wrote:
Most excellent place to people watch. I never had the breakfast, but got sick two of the four times I ate there (late night). The chicken burger was pretty good and left me sick-free.

This getting sick shit is a recurring theme.

Apos
09-10-2004, 09:37 PM
I lived there and my chica and I ate breakfast there almost every day! The service is good, the coffee is hot and for me it was a perfect, relaxing way to start the day. I also found the food consistantly above average and reasonable priced.

It sounds to me that for some people the real issue is their inability to relax and get on tiempo Dominicana. I go on vacation to slooowwwww down not get antsy about the little things.

...of course that's only me

Jimmydr
09-11-2004, 09:59 AM
I lived there and my chica and I ate breakfast there almost every day! The service is good, the coffee is hot and for me it was a perfect, relaxing way to start the day. I also found the food consistantly above average and reasonable priced.

It sounds to me that for some people the real issue is their inability to relax and get on tiempo Dominicana. I go on vacation to slooowwwww down not get antsy about the little things.

...of course that's only me

Thanks for reminding me, they had fast service there, food in about 20 minutes.

passasabe
10-04-2004, 07:13 PM
i ate here for breakfast and the food and service was good. Didn't notice anything taking a while except getting my bill!

passasabe
10-04-2004, 07:14 PM
In addition to breakfast, the chicken was pretty tasty too.

BrooklynBeas
10-05-2004, 07:57 AM
I heard their ribs are good... maybe one night I'll try them out... when I have an hour or 2 to kill before eating... most likely I will spend most of my time in La Roca... the best garlic bread in the world!