PDA

View Full Version : I was at Plaza Allegria last night (Feb 3) at 11PM...

lotech
02-04-2006, 09:03 AM
... where were you guys??!!??

I was supposed to meet a bunch of you guys (You know who you are!), but none of you showed. Oh well, I ended up with the cutest of their bartenders when she got off work, DR 1,000, so, no loss on my part.

I hope to meet some of you guys while I'm down here.

Kevy
02-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Turns out all the guys showed, but lotech here was too busy hitting on the bartenders. That's a monger for you. :lol:

lotech
02-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Well, I needed to do something to keep from freaking out about being stood up by you guys. :roll: At any rate, I hooked up with a bunch of the ISOC crew at Herman's Beach Bar (Siempre Sol) the next afternoon after sheepishly asking a guy if he was "on the Internet" (kinda like "are you on the bus").

Turns out it was Ramsses. Soon Learningman, Apos, Phoenix among others showed up. Turns out Learningman was sitting THREE SEATS AWAY from me at Plaza Allegria but was looking for a deer-in-the-headlights scared newbie. I was chatting up the cutest bartender in the joint and was focused on that. Ended up hanging with her after she got off work but, that's for my trip report!

LM
02-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Well, I needed to do something to keep from freaking out about being stood up by you guys. :roll: At any rate, I hooked up with a bunch of the ISOC crew at Herman's Beach Bar (Siempre Sol) the next afternoon after sheepishly asking a guy if he was "on the Internet" (kinda like "are you on the bus").

Turns out it was Ramsses. Soon Learningman, Apos, Phoenix among others showed up. Turns out Learningman was sitting THREE SEATS AWAY from me at Plaza Allegria but was looking for a deer-in-the-headlights scared newbie. I was chatting up the cutest bartender in the joint and was focused on that. Ended up hanging with her after she got off work but, that's for my trip report!

You weren't wearing your newbie badge, and was already mongering :wink: . Should of pulled a Jayman, and yelled, 'IS LOTECH HERE' . Apo's also showed up for a bit. So when I didn't "see" you....I went across the street to Dominos, met up with Apo's there, and met up with a little cutie there and headed back to the condo for a session.

weyland
02-05-2006, 01:52 PM
OK, there is a serious point here. I hope to meet some ISOC guys on my March trip, but being a shy and reserved (snobbish?) limey there is no way I am going to shout out my ISOC handle around the bars of Sosua. Should we not have some discreet way of recognising each other: lapel badge? masonic-type handshake? underpants worn outside our trousers (you have to help me with the translation here: "briefs worn outside our pants"?). I would have suggested dick hanging out of our flies but unfortunately you might then still fail to spot me. How about T-shirts printed with our avatars? Or would I get arrested?

JDR
02-05-2006, 03:41 PM
OK, there is a serious point here. I hope to meet some ISOC guys on my March trip, but being a shy and reserved (snobbish?) limey there is no way I am going to shout out my ISOC handle around the bars of Sosua. Should we not have some discreet way of recognising each other: lapel badge? masonic-type handshake? underpants worn outside our trousers (you have to help me with the translation here: "briefs worn outside our pants"?). I would have suggested dick hanging out of our flies but unfortunately you might then still fail to spot me. How about T-shirts printed with our avatars? Or would I get arrested?

Sorry but yelling out is our way of getting noticed. Shirts and Caps are coming very soon as well.

slim13
02-06-2006, 02:54 AM

Just go to some of the places mentioned on this board, you are bound to meet some of the members. Somone will talk to you and introduce you to some friends and before you know it you will know a bunch of people. Some are members of this site, some not, but all friendly and helpful people.

I'm shy too, but finding someone to drink and monger with is easy.

weyland
02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi slim13
The point of Lotech's story is that guys he (and I for that matter) would have liked to meet were sitting as near as three bar stools away but neither realised the other was ISOC. I am not shy about chatting to strange guys and gals, only about going into a bar or disco and shouting "weyland" or "ISOC" when it may be that there are no other ISOC members present. Perhaps I will get "ISOC" tattooed across my bald head. That should get noticed.

JDR
02-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi slim13
The point of Lotech's story is that guys he (and I for that matter) would have liked to meet were sitting as near as three bar stools away but neither realised the other was ISOC. I am not shy about chatting to strange guys and gals, only about going into a bar or disco and shouting "weyland" or "ISOC" when it may be that there are no other ISOC members present. Perhaps I will get "ISOC" tattooed across my bald head. That should get noticed.

Or better yet order the shirts and caps, coming very soon.

psriches
02-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Plaza Allegria, Passion, Lou's and Rocky's are the best places to catch an ISOC member!!

Phoenix
02-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Plaza Allegria, Passion, Lou's and Rocky's are the best places to catch an ISOC member!!

My new favorite daytime hangout is on the beach at Hermans. There is always a steady stream of chicas coming down from Charmicos or up the beach the other way. A added bonus is Herman has intel on most of them.

lotech
02-07-2006, 07:08 PM
and that's where I ended up meeting everyone after our botched first attempt.

Juggles
07-15-2006, 04:25 PM

Also Siempre Sol.