PDA

View Full Version : The TOP 10 Signs You are Addicted to the DR!

Don Tomas
07-19-2004, 03:32 PM
10. You wipe the top of your Budwiser/Miller/etc. bottle, you know, for polution.

9. You cruise the local colleges knowing if you were in the DR you could get 90% of them into your bed.

8. You were at The Who concert and thought the music wasn't loud enough even though blood was coming out your ears. (PS The Who holds the record for the loudest concert ever)

7. You try to flag down scooters and other two wheeled motor vehicles.

6. You are blown away at the concept of one person/destination per taxi.

5. You wonder why the cop pulled you over for going through the red light, afterall it was clear at the time!

4. You turn off the main breaker in your house for 4 hours a day just to remember the DR.

3. You have hissed at someone to get their attention.

2. You read this board everyday!

And the number one reason you know you are addicted to the DR...

1. You have accidently started a conversation with a girl by saying "Cuánto para toda la noche?"!!!

Jimmydr
07-19-2004, 04:12 PM
11 - You are amazed that after you hand the cashier a Five dollar bill for a $3 meal, you get change.

12 - You look at your meal in a restaurant and its what you ordered!

13 - You stare at a girl walking down the street and she looks at you and says "What the Fu*k you looking at"!

14 - You walk around your neighborhood and are shocked that there aren't 100's of people sitting around all over the place.

Babyboy31
07-19-2004, 04:54 PM
15. You try to bribe your way out of that ticket for running the red light

16. You pull out pesos to pay for your next drink.

17. You still have pesos from your last trip

18. You keep looking at the chica photos that you took on a daily basis

19. You check the cost of plane tickets to the DR on a weekly basis

Don Tomas
07-19-2004, 07:12 PM
19. You check the cost of plane tickets to the DR on a weekly basis

Prices change too much in a week, try daily here, always watching the AA sales.

Babyboy31
07-19-2004, 07:46 PM
My bad....I only check weekly since I can only get away maybe once every 3-6months.

Checking daily would drive me nuts.....I just use email notifications for when the price changes.

JD
07-20-2004, 12:34 AM
I check their site almost daily. Of course we all check out
insearchofchicas.org at least once a day.

Happy Hunting,

JD

continentalmike
08-10-2004, 07:55 AM
20. You check out all Domenican boards on a daily basis

21. You have only bachata and reggeaton in your car-stereo

22. You drive around with the windows open and volume on max.

23. When you drive around you wave at every Latina and they smile at you and wave back.

24. You drink half a bottle of Brugal a day while hanging out with at least two friends.

25. You visit Domenican bars in your area and they all know you there, because you dance better bachata than most of the guys there.

26. You speak Spanish on the cellphone to your friends when in the supermarket so the hot Carribean girl in front of you notices you.

27. You wear open shirts, gold-chains and Armani sunglasses

BrooklynBeas
08-10-2004, 08:04 AM
20. You check out all Domenican boards on a daily basis

21. You have only bachata and reggeaton in your car-stereo

22. You drive around with the windows open and volume on max.

23. When you drive around you wave at every Latina and they smile at you and wave back.

25. You visit Domenican bars in your area and they all know you there, because you dance better bachata than most of the guys there.

26. You speak Spanish on the cellphone to your friends when in the supermarket so the hot Carribean girl in front of you notices you.

Most of what you guys posted is true of course... and im not denying i am addicted... or maybe just in love with the country... but ContinentalMike you must have wrote these lines for me!!! or we are the same fucking person!! haha im crackin up because these lines are me exactly..

FUnny thing, I went to a club this weekend (wasnt spanish music) it was hip hop/reggae R&B and these songs that came on i had no fucking clue what they were and people are singing along to it like its the hottest new shit in the world... i really only listen to reggaeton and bachata... frank reyes(bachata) cd is in my computer at work, aventura(bachata) cd is in my walkman, and Daddy Yankee(reggaeton) CD is in my car... yes i have a stereo system and yes even though its 85 degrees i have the windows open and the A/C turned off!!!

Jimmydr
08-10-2004, 08:10 AM
i really only listen to reggaeton and bachata... frank reyes(bachata) cd is in my computer at work, aventura(bachata) cd is in my walkman, and Daddy Yankee(reggaeton) CD is in my car... yes i have a stereo system and yes even though its 85 degrees i have the windows open and the A/C turned off!!!

Aventura is in my computer at work and I listen to the CD all day long, drives my coworkers nuts! I can't wait to attend their next concert! :D

BrooklynBeas
08-10-2004, 10:18 AM
thats funny... it drives my coworkers nuts too... i actually have their cd in my computer at work now... let me know if you find out when they are in the DR... to pay for a concert here would be almost the price of the ticket to go to DR!!

Don Tomas
08-10-2004, 10:19 AM
... i really only listen to reggaeton and bachata... frank reyes(bachata) cd is in my computer at work, aventura(bachata) cd is in my walkman, and Daddy Yankee(reggaeton) CD is in my car... yes i have a stereo system and yes even though its 85 degrees i have the windows open and the A/C turned off!!!

I also listen to Reggaeton, Bachata and Merengue and that's it. It drives my roommate nuts, he is Columbian and gets mad because he says I can't understand the songs, sure I can't translate every word but I do understand the song. Besides who ever understood every word of all the grunge, rap, hip-hop, metal, etc. songs that have been played.

Also singing along has helped my pronunciation.

I have to look for Aventura, I probably have heard some of their songs but don't have any of their CDs. BTW Frank Reyes is the man!

BrooklynBeas
08-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Frank is definitely mas mejor de todo... Elvis Martinez is pretty good too , aventura sings La Hermanita which if you have been in DR then you heard this song Don... they have about 4 or 5 songs on their new CD Love & Hate that is currently being played in DR...

FOr the Reggaeton guys out there... Tego Calderon, Don Omar, Daddy Yankee... are my favorites... I heard that Tego Calderon was banned from the DR recently though because he talks about drugs in his songs...

Jimmydr
08-10-2004, 10:40 AM
thats funny... it drives my coworkers nuts too... i actually have their cd in my computer at work now... let me know if you find out when they are in the DR... to pay for a concert here would be almost the price of the ticket to go to DR!!

I paid 100 pesos in Puerto Plata.

BrooklynBeas
08-10-2004, 12:30 PM
wow ... ive seen 150 for the elvis martinez concert in SOsua and paid 350 for antony santos somewhere near POP and 300 for frank reyes near Playa dorado

continentalmike
08-11-2004, 05:01 AM
well last time I saw Aventura they were here for three nights.. went to all three concerts... at DR$ 1375 a pop (27.5 euro in case you're wondering).. man saw some nice booty in there.. the concerts were good.. brugal flowing nicely..

I love Zaccharias Ferreira though... classical bachatero.. but also really like Frank Reyes, Monchy e Alexandra..

Reggeaton.. Tego calderon, Looney Tunes...

continentalmike
08-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Bachata - Zaccharias Ferreira is my #1.. tho others mentioned are good as well... paid DR$ 1375 for Aventura.. went 3 times in one weekend..

Reggaeton - Tego Calderon...the best in quality.. quiere que te bailes lento.. hmmm did you ever hear their salsa verison of 'Bim bim'? Excellent beat!

BrooklynBeas
08-11-2004, 07:49 AM
Mike i heard Tego is coming out with a cd this month and its supposed to be really good... he signed with Wyclef if you didnt know...

continentalmike
08-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Thnaks I knew about it....I've got this line to a record guy.. he imports a lot of Carribean stuff.. so'll prop get is as soon as it is out.

BrooklynBeas
08-11-2004, 07:57 AM
When you find out the release date let me know!!! thanx

continentalmike
08-11-2004, 08:01 AM
of course.. just saw you're going to be down in the Dr during my stay there too... maybe I'll bring a copy

BrooklynBeas
08-11-2004, 08:05 AM
OK but when it comes out and i see it im buying it ... hes my favorite... unfortunately i will never see him in DR due to the fact he was banned... i may have to see him in NYC but pay a shitload more money and have to hope to get a girl there...

gdogg
08-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Beas,

What did he do to get banned?

continentalmike
08-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Word is he got banned after using a little too much hashleaves symbolism in his new video ...and on stage during a performance in Miami I believe...

gdogg
08-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Wow, the Dominican Bobby Brown!!

BrooklynBeas
08-11-2004, 10:22 AM
i think it was because he talks about smoking weed and his "medicina" a lil too much and as you know drugs is the only thing in DR you cannot do...

Don Tomas
08-11-2004, 04:36 PM
i think it was because he talks about smoking weed and his "medicina" a lil too much and as you know drugs is the only thing in DR you cannot do...

Unless you have lots of money...I am not going to post the complete facts here but most of us visit and support one of the biggest cocaine distributors in all of the DR. Personally if I had to launder large amounts of drug money a cambio would be the perfect place...

That info was told to me by locals & ex-pats.

Just my 2 cents.

BrooklynBeas
08-11-2004, 04:43 PM
DOn PM Beas with some dirt!!!

Jimmydr
08-11-2004, 04:45 PM
DOn PM Beas with some dirt!!!

I want dirt too!

Shadow Dweller
08-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Oooooo Ooooooo!!!!! I know who Thomas is talking about!

the_Jayman
08-11-2004, 10:02 PM
SSSSHhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! ! ! ! !

continentalmike
08-12-2004, 02:46 AM
dirt over PM please on the money changers..