PDA

View Full Version : Searching

Don Tomas
02-12-2006, 07:10 AM
You will notice several types of searches.

First of all good news, I completely had to reindex searches and included some common 3 letter words that people would search for, otherwise the min word size is 4.
STI POP SDQ ASS DR

Search: (all pages)
Click Search on the top menu bar and type a query for a quick search or click Advanced Search and you are taken to a self explanatory search screen.

Forum Search: (When browsing a single forum)
Click Forum Search and type a query. If you select Advanced Search here you are sent to the same Advanced screen as above but the Forum is selected.

Thread Search: (When viewing a thread)
It will search the thread and display the results with a few lines of text around your search word(s). Great for long thread with many replies!

Built-in Searches
New Posts (on menu bar) = All unread posts since your last visit, it also divides them up.

unread but no new posts since last visit. (You can make all read under "Quick Links > Mark Forums Read" on the menu bar)Today's Posts (under Quick Links (on menu bar)) = all posts in the last 24 hours, read & unread

Bug Boy
02-12-2006, 08:34 AM
You will notice several types of searches.

First of all good news, I completely had to reindex searches and included some common 3 letter words that people would search for, otherwise the min word size is 4.
STI POP SDQ ASS DR

Search: (all pages)
Click Search on the top menu bar and type a query for a quick search or click Advanced Search and you are taken to a self explanatory search screen.

Forum Search: (When browsing a single forum)
Click Forum Search and type a query. If you select Advanced Search here you are sent to the same Advanced screen as above but the Forum is selected.

Thread Search: (When viewing a thread)
It will search the thread and display the results with a few lines of text around your search word(s). Great for long thread with many replies!Believe me, it was the first feature I went to last night. It's wonderful!!!

Thanks DT!!!!
Helpmann :notworthy:

Don Tomas
02-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Not everyone is familar with vBulletin. Definitely more features with better code. To look at a thread is only 6 queries, it was 88 with Nuke...

Apos
02-12-2006, 11:57 AM
i believe you can also use "*" as a wildcard incase you need it. to search for don tomas's posts you could try "don*" if you were unsure of the spelleing or whatever. it's also handy to make a 3 letter searh 4 characters :)

whynotme
02-12-2006, 01:06 PM
great info
new format is great as well as the speed

gdogg
02-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Nuke was definitely too slow! I'm having the time of life today...Thanks, DT!!