View Full Version : Virus found

Jimmydr
11-13-2007, 07:11 PM
It was moved to vault?

Is that a good thing?

Apos
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
yes, that's a good thing :)

it means that it was identified and isolated from your system...so you don't have to worry about it.
It was moved to vault?

Is that a good thing?what anti virus program are you using?

Jimmydr
11-13-2007, 07:16 PM
yes, that's a good thing :)

it means that it was identified and isolated from your system...so you don't have to worry about it.what anti virus program are you using?

The same one as Rocky.

Apos
11-13-2007, 07:28 PM
then no worries. i use it too and it's great!

it'll look after things without you having to do much, if anything.

The same one as Rocky.

Beads
11-13-2007, 08:30 PM
make sure your virus definitions are also current.

Apos
11-13-2007, 09:09 PM
it does that automatically by default...it's really almost noobie-proof :D
make sure your virus definitions are also current.

AVG free edition
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/

3somefan
11-14-2007, 05:44 AM
it does that automatically by default...it's really almost noobie-proof :D

AVG free edition
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/

I having been using this now since you last mentioned it in a previous thread, and it has been great!! Thanks again!!

weyland
11-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Somewhere in a parallel universe this conversation is taking place:

First Virus: "I found a Jimmy in my computer!"
Second Virus: "Ugh! How horrible!"
First Virus: "It's o.k. I moved him to the vault and isolated him. He can't do any more harm."

El Capitan
11-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Barebacking on the web?

eldorob
11-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Somewhere in a parallel universe this conversation is taking place:

First Virus: "I found a Jimmy in my computer!"
Second Virus: "Ugh! How horrible!"
First Virus: "It's o.k. I moved him to the vault and isolated him. He can't do any more harm."

Weyland, your a funny guy....when's your next trip to the north coast?

weyland
11-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Weyland, your a funny guy....when's your next trip to the north coast?
I am getting divorced. (Big meeting tomorrow! Wish me luck!). My wife and I are each pleading poverty to secure the best deal out of the split of assets, so I cannot say to the Court "Sorry, Your Honour, I have to take a two-week break to fuck whores in the DR". It would not help my case. Once the financial settlement is fixed and cannot be changed I might take a holiday (I need one, this divorce stuff is stressful), if I can afford it. But if I don't come out of it too well every penny will be devoted to my eventual move to the DR. This latter could be anytime from January to June, depending on how long the divorce takes and, more important, how long it takes to sell our house. You Yanks aren't helping my cause with your real estate problems. If they impinge on the UK market I could be some time selling my house, but so far, so good. The upside of your economic problems is that the £ sterling is worth a lot more in US$ and RD$, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Another problem would be that there are no cheap charter flights to the DR before and around Christmas and the New Year and scheduled is out of the question from the UK.

I am still thinking about a trip to Thailand for "research" before I finally commit to retiring in the DR. Intelligent people have recommended it to me for retirement. El Drunko has as well. (Just kidding, ED :)). An old Field of Dreams buddy has an academic posting in Bangkok with a large apartment and has invited me to stay for free, so it would be a pity to lose that opportunity.

Bug Boy
11-14-2007, 02:24 PM
GOOD LUCK!!

Jimmydr
11-14-2007, 02:32 PM
I am getting divorced. (Big meeting tomorrow! Wish me luck!). My wife and I are each pleading poverty to secure the best deal out of the split of assets, so I cannot say to the Court "Sorry, Your Honour, I have to take a two-week break to fuck whores in the DR". It would not help my case. Once the financial settlement is fixed and cannot be changed I might take a holiday (I need one, this divorce stuff is stressful), if I can afford it. But if I don't come out of it too well every penny will be devoted to my eventual move to the DR. This latter could be anytime from January to June, depending on how long the divorce takes and, more important, how long it takes to sell our house. You Yanks aren't helping my cause with your real estate problems. If they impinge on the UK market I could be some time selling my house, but so far, so good. The upside of your economic problems is that the £ sterling is worth a lot more in US$ and RD$, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Another problem would be that there are no cheap charter flights to the DR before and around Christmas and the New Year and scheduled is out of the question from the UK.

I am still thinking about a trip to Thailand for "research" before I finally commit to retiring in the DR. Intelligent people have recommended it to me for retirement. El Drunko has as well. (Just kidding, ED :)). An old Field of Dreams buddy has an academic posting in Bangkok with a large apartment and has invited me to stay for free, so it would be a pity to lose that opportunity.

I will never know the joys of a divorce.:eek:

El Capitan
11-14-2007, 03:07 PM

Ah yes...this after I was dissed in another thread...I too, shall never know this "joy".........."til DEATH DO US PART" is too long for me......GOOD LUCK